Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

44 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I can't really get myself to hate her for some reason. I'm not one to hate anyone."

"Besides, I think there is one thing Ruby does care about. I think she might actually care about Somnus."

"Well I have my reasons to hate her. And caring about only one pony isn't a sufficient reason to make me change my mind about wishing she was never here."

4 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

"Well I have my reasons to hate her. And caring about only one pony isn't a sufficient reason to make me change my mind about wishing she was never here."

"I'd be careful. Somnus may be respectful, but his respect does have limits. If you were to go too far with Ruby, Somnus wouldn't take too kindly to it."

Arrow said this with all due respect. He knew Somnus well enough to know what he is willing to protect.

"He wouldn't do anything about you giving the usual punishments though. He may love Ruby, but he is still aware that Ruby is not excempt from certain punishments such as cleaning the floor with a toothbrush."

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"So are some dogs. Arrow has a pug named Stumpy, and he is very easily entertained."

"The dog is crazy for attention for some reason."

"Dogs are related to wolfs and thus are pack animals." Ruby stated "That's why they are so attention hungry, they can't handle being alone." "They also tend to avoid bigger predators like myself, since alone they are powerless against us." 

11 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Dogs are related to wolfs and thus are pack animals." Ruby stated "That's why they are so attention hungry, they can't handle being alone." "They also tend to avoid bigger predators like myself, since alone they are powerless against us." 

Somnus stopped at the door of the cabin.

"But they don't eat ponies like wolves do. Why is that?"

52 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I'd be careful. Somnus may be respectful, but his respect does have limits. If you were to go too far with Ruby, Somnus wouldn't take too kindly to it."

Arrow said this with all due respect. He knew Somnus well enough to know what he is willing to protect.

"My composure and nerves have limits, too. If he dares enrage me, I'll beat him up even if he's disabled. This is a promise. I work both ways, Arrow. I can be the most respectful pony in Equestria as well as the worst." Rose said, as she was starting to get a bit angry during that discussion.

(edited)
18 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

"My composure and nerves have limits, too. If he dares enrage me, I'll beat him up even if he's disabled. This is a promise. I work both ways, Arrow. I can be the most respectful pony in Equestria as well as the worst." Rose said, as she was starting to get a bit angry during that discussion.

Unlike Rose, Arrow was actually quite calm.

"I'm aware that you are capable, likely more capable than any most of the guards here, but Somnus is highly experienced. I've faced him before with all my enchanted weapons, armor, and relics, and yet I lost. The dude was unarmed too."

"Truth be told, you'd have to be a dragon to take him down."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

13 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Unlike Rose, Arrow was actually quite calm.

"I'm aware that you are capable, likely more capable than any most of the guards here, but Somnus is highly experienced. I've faced him before with all my enchanted weapons, armor, and relics, and yet I lost. The dude was unarmed too."

"Truth be told, you'd have to be a dragon to take him down."

"I know that he's experienced. This doesn't scare me though. Actually I know what I'd do if he dares make me mad. Since he, unlike Ruby, isn't protected by Celestia and most of all is off-duty, I can have him be banned from this place and never get to see Ruby for a long period of time. And I'll make sure Ruby doesn't leave this Castle as well."

6 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

"I know that he's experienced. This doesn't scare me though. Actually I know what I'd do if he dares make me mad. Since he, unlike Ruby, isn't protected by Celestia and most of all is off-duty, I can have him be banned from this place and never get to see Ruby for a long period of time. And I'll make sure Ruby doesn't leave this Castle as well."

Arrow started to sound a bit more serious. It was pretty clear that Arrow didn't approve.

"That's messed up... even for you."

"What if Celestia kicked you out and never let you see me again? How would you feel? There are things in this world that are not okay, no matter what authority you have."

5 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Arrow started to sound a bit more serious. It was pretty clear that Arrow didn't approve.

"That's messed up... even for you."

"What if Celestia kicked you out and never let you see me again? How would you feel? There are things in this world that are not okay, no matter what authority you have."

Rose tried her best to keep calm, and goodness this wasn't an easy task at all.

"This may be messed up to your eyes, though in my carrier nopony ever disrespected me. So I'm not going to let that one pass."

"If Celestia kicked me out and made it impossible for us to see each other again, I would look for the reason why she did this. If there is none, it would be a great injustice for sure. If there is I probably would apologize a million times and beg her to make me see you again. Somnus's reason to be kicked out would be disrespectful attitude towards a higher-up because this is definitely something which is not okay at all and should be dealt with a lot of toughness."

Edited by Emperor Blu Traincrown

(edited)
1 hour ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

Rose tried her best to keep calm, and goodness this wasn't an easy task at all.

"This may be messed up to your eyes, though in my carrier nopony ever disrespected me. So I'm not going to let that one pass."

"If Celestia kicked me out and made it impossible for us to see each other again, I would look for the reason why she did this. If there is none, it would be a great injustice for sure. If there is I probably would apologize a million times and beg her to make me see you again. Somnus's reason to be kicked out would be disrespectful attitude towards a higher-up because this is definitely something which is not okay at all and should be dealt with a lot of toughness."

Arrow came to the conclusion that he was overreacting as he did quite a bit. He was well known for many things, one of them was overthinking and taking things WAY out of proportion.

"Well, I can't really convince you, but I reckon it's important to stand your ground."

"I will say this though. Punishing Ruby will likely not anger Somnus. As I said, he understands respect and that Ruby is not excempt from punishments. He may vouch for her though."

"I think the only way to anger Somnus would be to physically harm Ruby or attempt to keep him away from her. Which one is illegal and the other would require you banning Somnus, which you can't do since he hasn't disobeyed orders."

"Plus, he'd likely try to reason with you or go to the princesses about the situation, which... they'd probably be more likely to listen to him since he's been around for so long."

"So, basically all I said about Somnus going crazy was me over thinking things as usual. He's a good soldier and I don't think he'd step out of line because of minor punishments, which is the only thing the princesses will allow you to do against Ruby."

He had a serious, yet calm look.

"Just don't hate Somnus for loving Ruby or because of any overthinking I may have. He's a nice a guy. You've even said it yourself yesterday, he's your best soldier. He's never broken a serious rule and likely never will."

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Arrow came to the conclusion that he was overreacting as he did quite a bit. He was well known for many things, one of them was overthinking and taking things WAY out of proportion.

"Well, I can't really convince you, but I reckon it's important to stand your ground."

"I will say this though. Punishing Ruby will likely not anger Somnus. As I said, he understands respect and that Ruby is not excempt from punishments. He may vouch for her though."

"I think the only way to anger Somnus would be to physically harm Ruby or attempt to keep him away from her. Which one is illegal and the other would require you banning Somnus, which you can't do since he hasn't disobeyed orders."

"Plus, he'd likely try to reason with you or go to the princesses about the situation, which... they'd probably be more likely to listen to him since he's been around for so long."

"So, basically all I said about Somnus going crazy was me over thinking things as usual. He's a good soldier and I don't think he'd step out of line because of minor punishments, which is the only thing the princesses will allow you to do against Ruby."

He had a serious, yet calm look.

"Just don't hate Somnus for loving Ruby or because of any overthinking I may have. He's a nice a guy. You've even said it yourself yesterday, he's your best soldier. He's never broken a serious rule and likely never will."

It was Rose's turn to tell Arrow something.

"Hun, I'll tell you this. The only thing I don't like in Ruby is her lack of respect. If we keep avoiding each other everything will be fine."

"As for the Princesses, I would most certainly tell them I can't bear her and try my best to avoid her. Isn't that what I'm doing actually?"

"To make it simple, the only way to make it end bad is if Ruby starts making fun of me, insulting me or if she goes further than that."

However, Rose looked a bit confused when Arrow asked her not to hate Somnus for the crush he has on Ruby.

"What? I have nothing against Somnus. He may love Ruby, I can't object to this. Love is love after all. Yes I maintain it, he's one of my best soldiers. It's just that it'd be wiser for him not to step in my way if a confrontation between Ruby and me has to occur."

Edited by Emperor Blu Traincrown

(edited)
8 hours ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

It was Rose's turn to tell Arrow something.

"Hun, I'll tell you this. The only thing I don't like in Ruby is her lack of respect. If we keep avoiding each other everything will be fine."

"As for the Princesses, I would most certainly tell them I can't bear her and try my best to avoid her. Isn't that what I'm doing actually?"

"To make it simple, the only way to make it end bad is if Ruby starts making fun of me, insulting me or if she goes further than that."

"What? I have nothing against Somnus. He may love Ruby, I can't object to this. Love is love after all. Yes I maintain it, he's one of my best soldiers. It's just that it'd be wiser for him not to step in my way if a confrontation between Ruby and me has to occur."

"Well it's good to see that you understand."

One of the new recruits walked over to the two ponies.

"Can you two shut up?"

Arrow looked at the recruit, then looked at Rose, back at the recruit, then back at Rose, then looked at all the other recruits and said something to them.

"Well, he's dead."

11 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus stopped at the door of the cabin.

"But they don't eat ponies like wolves do. Why is that?"

"Because wolves are wild animals and dogs are pets, they have been domesticated to see ponies as part of their pack instead of as enemies or pray." Ruby stated "You could compare it to me, I'm an animal who usually would hunt ponies without remorse, but instead I have come to work with you, and if we were to imagine that I ever got offspring, they would most likely become friendly like dogs, assuming I would still be working with ponies."

5 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Because wolves are wild animals and dogs are pets, they have been domesticated to see ponies as part of their pack instead of as enemies or pray." Ruby stated "You could compare it to me, I'm an animal who usually would hunt ponies without remorse, but instead I have come to work with you, and if we were to imagine that I ever got offspring, they would most likely become friendly like dogs, assuming I would still be working with ponies."

"If I had offspring, they would be immortal."

"In the hypothetical situation that a pony and one of your kind had offspring, what would they look like? Also, would they turn into anything?"

19 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"If I had offspring, they would be immortal."

"In the hypothetical situation that a pony and one of your kind had offspring, what would they look like? Also, would they turn into anything?"

"I have no idea what they would look like if that would even be possible in the first place." Ruby simply stated "They wouldn't have the ability to transform though, because it's not a natural ability for us, but a spell using magic that is only in us." "They could learn it, assuming they would gain the magic from the dragon side, but they wouldn't hatch with it."

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I have no idea what they would look like if that would even be possible in the first place." Ruby simply stated "They wouldn't have the ability to transform though, because it's not a natural ability for us, but a spell using magic that is only in us." "They could learn it, assuming they would gain the magic from the dragon side, but they wouldn't hatch with it."

Somnus entered the cabin and put Fluffball in a hamster ball, which he would start rolling around in.

"I once considered adopting a few years ago, but I decided against it since they wouldn't be immortal like I am."

1 minute ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus entered the cabin and put Fluffball in a hamster ball, which he would start rolling around in.

"I once considered adopting a few years ago, but I decided against it since they wouldn't be immortal like I am."

Calti disappeared into some dark corner inside the cabin and went to sleep. "Weren't your loved ones supposed to be immortal until they didn't want to be?" "And knowing how ponies' family's work, wouldn't adopted offspring be considered a loved one?"

Just now, Catpone Cerberus said:

Calti disappeared into some dark corner inside the cabin and went to sleep. "Weren't your loved ones supposed to be immortal until they didn't want to be?" "And knowing how ponies' family's work, wouldn't adopted offspring be considered a loved one?"

"It just doesn't apply to anyone adopted for some reason. I have no idea why."

"I've learned to accept it though."

3 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"It just doesn't apply to anyone adopted for some reason. I have no idea why."

"I've learned to accept it though."

Ruby just shrugged, she didn't know enough on the topic that she could explain it, "It's not like you could have done anything else than accept it." she commented "You can't exactly not accept reality."

4 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby just shrugged, she didn't know enough on the topic that she could explain it, "It's not like you could have done anything else than accept it." she commented "You can't exactly not accept reality."

"Yeah, I guess that's true."

"Many creatures care about their offspring, but ponies tend to care even more. We even care about the ones that aren't technically of the same blood."

10 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Yeah, I guess that's true."

"Many creatures care about their offspring, but ponies tend to care even more. We even care about the ones that aren't technically of the same blood."

"i'm aware of that, though the latter isn't unique to ponies." Ruby replied "I have few times seen creature take care of offspring that aren't even same species." "The biggest difference between your kind and us animals that getting offspring is lot more than just making sure your bloodline survives for you, why to us it's just that."

14 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"i'm aware of that, though the latter isn't unique to ponies." Ruby replied "I have few times seen creature take care of offspring that aren't even same species." "The biggest difference between your kind and us animals that getting offspring is lot more than just making sure your bloodline survives for you, why to us it's just that."

"There are some creatures who don't care at all. Some will go as far as to kill their offspring if they see them after they go off on their own. That is the one thing I will never understand."

51 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"There are some creatures who don't care at all. Some will go as far as to kill their offspring if they see them after they go off on their own. That is the one thing I will never understand."

"Like my kind?" Ruby commented "I'm the one who told you that my mother did exactly that." "And I do agree it doesn't make total sense by survival of bloodline stand point, but it just is how it is, it makes us stronger."

14 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Like my kind?" Ruby commented "I'm the one who told you that my mother did exactly that." "And I do agree it doesn't make total sense by survival of bloodline stand point, but it just is how it is, it makes us stronger."

"Maybe, but at a cost. When I was a foal, my parents threw me out. They said I was slowing them down."

"I had a friend who taught me how to survive by scavaging and stealing. She was the toughest pony I've ever known. She's the pony I told you about, so obviously you would know that her life was ended by some sort of illness."

12 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Maybe, but at a cost. When I was a foal, my parents threw me out. They said I was slowing them down."

"I had a friend who taught me how to survive by scavaging and stealing. She was the toughest pony I've ever known. She's the pony I told you about, so obviously you would know that her life was ended by some sort of illness."

"Considering our whole existence is around stealing hunting and fighting, that's not really a cost rather than the reason." Ruby pointed out "And we are rarely ill since our high body temperature kills most things causing them and we heal our wounds quickly."