Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

(edited)
4 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Considering our whole existence is around stealing hunting and fighting, that's not really a cost rather than the reason." Ruby pointed out "And we are rarely ill since our high body temperature kills most things causing them and we heal our wounds quickly."

"Ponies are not as lucky. We get sick and our injuries take a while to heal. Take my leg for example. It will be half a year before it fully heals. We're a lot more breakable."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

26 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Ponies are not as lucky. We get sick and our injuries take a while to heal. Take my leg for example. It will be half a year before it fully heals. We're a lot more breakable."

"I know." Ruby simply replied "That why I asked you how far we would go with the practice, if you healed as fast as I, there wouldn't have been a reason to hold back." the speak about healing reminded her of her wing, it wasn't fully healed yet, but it should be healed enough to allow her fly short distances again tomorrow. 

48 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I know." Ruby simply replied "That why I asked you how far we would go with the practice, if you healed as fast as I, there wouldn't have been a reason to hold back." the speak about healing reminded her of her wing, it wasn't fully healed yet, but it should be healed enough to allow her fly short distances again tomorrow. 

"Yeah... I got a little too confident and didn't use my usual tactics."

"Then again, I don't really have tactics for a direct confrontation with dragons. Most tactics I have for them involve stealth or hit and run tactics."

19 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Yeah... I got a little too confident and didn't use my usual tactics."

"Then again, I don't really have tactics for a direct confrontation with dragons. Most tactics I have for them involve stealth or hit and run tactics."

"I would say you don't  even have tactics for my kind." Ruby pointed out "I don't exactly just stand around and let you come to me if we were to be in a real fight." "I'm a hunter, I fight quite differently to the 'stay put and breathe fire' style that the locals prefer."

51 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I would say you don't  even have tactics for my kind." Ruby pointed out "I don't exactly just stand around and let you come to me if we were to be in a real fight." "I'm a hunter, I fight quite differently to the 'stay put and breathe fire' style that the locals prefer."

"That's what ambushes are for."

"I've been great at hiding since before I even became a guard. How good are you at finding things?"

14 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"That's what ambushes are for."

"I've been great at hiding since before I even became a guard. How good are you at finding things?"

"I can smell prey up to mile away depending on the size of said prey and the current weather, I can also sense things like metals and gems, but that's unique to me, my special talent so to speak." Ruby explained "I can also see in a dark, and my hearing, though my weakest link, is quite good too."

Just now, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I can smell prey up to mile away depending on the size of said prey and the current weather, I can also sense things like metals and gems, but that's unique to me, my special talent so to speak." Ruby explained "I can also see in a dark, and my hearing, though my weakest link, is quite good too."

"Pepper is known to throw off the scent of a bloodhound. I could also just roll around in the mud, dirty puddle, or a pond."

"As for metal, I could easily just ditch my armor since it'd make too much sound anyway. Even with the enchantments, there are spots you'd be able to hit that are unprotected. Because of that, I'd be better off ditching the armor for mobility."

"As for your hearing, all I gotta do is shut up."

He did give one thing a bit of thought though.

"You seeing in the dark would create a slight challange, but camouflage is always an option."

5 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Pepper is known to throw off the scent of a bloodhound. I could also just roll around in the mud, dirty puddle, or a pond."

"As for metal, I could easily just ditch my armor since it'd make too much sound anyway. Even with the enchantments, there are spots you'd be able to hit that are unprotected. Because of that, I'd be better off ditching the armor for mobility."

"As for your hearing, all I gotta do is shut up."

He did give one thing a bit of thought though.

"You seeing in the dark would create a slight challange, but camouflage is always an option."

"Dirt would only help if it covered every inch of you and you managed to hide the smell of your breath do, and it would only last until it would dry up. And if it was to be generally a dry day, moving pile of wet dirt would be pretty suspicious." "And it would be lot simpler to just come from the direction where wind blows, since the smell would never come towards me." Ruby said "I also recognize the smell of pepper, and won't be stupid enough to go close enough to it to take it in, so that would be useless."

"Your weapons have metal too, if only you would use something else, like bone."

"For sound, you would also need to not move, at all, I have over hundred years of experience on hunting, I know what is sound of forest and what is caused by creature moving." "Same with camouflage, assuming I knew you were somewhere, I would most likely be able to tell it's unnatural movement."

"But in the end I could just burn everything around me, destroying any hiding places there is." "And there's also a thing you forgot, you would need to know where I am to ambush me, and though I am bright red and quite sizable, I have been sneaking on creatures with lot greater senses than you for most of my life."

14 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Dirt would only help if it covered every inch of you and you managed to hide the smell of your breath do, and it would only last until it would dry up. And if it was to be generally a dry day, moving pile of wet dirt would be pretty suspicious." "And it would be lot simpler to just come from the direction where wind blows, since the smell would never come towards me." Ruby said "I also recognize the smell of pepper, and won't be stupid enough to go close enough to it to take it in, so that would be useless."

"Your weapons have metal too, if only you would use something else, like bone."

"For sound, you would also need to not move, at all, I have over hundred years of experience on hunting, I know what is sound of forest and what is caused by creature moving." "Same with camouflage, assuming I knew you were somewhere, I would most likely be able to tell it's unnatural movement."

"But in the end I could just burn everything around me, destroying any hiding places there is." "And there's also a thing you forgot, you would need to know where I am to ambush me, and though I am bright red and quite sizable, I have been sneaking on creatures with lot greater senses than you for most of my life."

"That... makes things a bit difficult. Well, at least the situation will likely never happen."

"So what a-... wait a minute. Remember that unicorn that you scared away earlier? Why didn't he just use his magic to take knife away? There is no doubt that he is a complete idiot."

He decided to ask something completely unrelated.

"How many swear words does your language have?"

16 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"That... makes things a bit difficult. Well, at least the situation will likely never happen."

"So what a-... wait a minute. Remember that unicorn that you scared away earlier? Why didn't he just use his magic to take knife away? There is no doubt that he is a complete idiot."

He decided to ask something completely unrelated.

"How many swear words does your language have?"

"Creatures don't think clearly when they are scared." Ruby replied concerning the unicorn "And magic take concentration, which you also lack when you're scared."

"We don't have swear words really, since we just roar or growl when we are mad, but we have xsio, which could be compared to your damn, but I have never heard of a dragon who uses it."

15 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Creatures don't think clearly when they are scared." Ruby replied concerning the unicorn "And magic take concentration, which you also lack when you're scared."

"We don't have swear words really, since we just roar or growl when we are mad, but we have xsio, which could be compared to your damn, but I have never heard of a dragon who uses it."

"Well, a roar does seem more useful."

"So, we already know why you hate ponies, but have you ever met one that you didn't hate?

26 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Well, a roar does seem more useful."

"So, we already know why you hate ponies, but have you ever met one that you didn't hate?

"I don't hate ponies, I despise them, there's a difference." Ruby corrected "And to answer to your question, besides the obvious one...." which was Somnus "...there's a one I think, the unicorn that works as my replacement while I'm gone." "Then there's those like Celestia that I despise, but despise less than others."

1 minute ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I don't hate ponies, I despise them, there's a difference." Ruby corrected "And to answer to your question, besides the obvious one...." which was Somnus "...there's a one I think, the unicorn that works as my replacement while I'm gone." "Then there's those like Celestia that I despise, but despise less than others."

"You mean the nerd? I'm guessing he fished you out of a hole or something?"

Somnus was not insulting the guy, it was just a guess based on what he knows about Ruby.

He smiled.

"Y'know, for over 1000 years I've never felt like this way towards anyone, I never thought I would. To put on top of that, I never thought I'd feel this way towards a dragon."

14 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"You mean the nerd? I'm guessing he fished you out of a hole or something?"

Somnus was not insulting the guy, it was just a guess based on what he knows about Ruby.

He smiled.

"Y'know, for over 1000 years I've never felt like this way towards anyone, I never thought I would. To put on top of that, I never thought I'd feel this way towards a dragon."

"Actually no, he hasn't done anything for me, in fact, him guarding the treasury in my absence is him returning a favor" Ruby corrected "He just..let's say he lacks the things I don't like about ponies."

"I remember you telling that some time earlier, and all that I can say that, this is the first time I have felt, period."

(edited)
2 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Actually no, he hasn't done anything for me, in fact, him guarding the treasury in my absence is him returning a favor" Ruby corrected "He just..let's say he lacks the things I don't like about ponies."

"I remember you telling that some time earlier, and all that I can say that, this is the first time I have felt, period."

"He kinda looks like one of those nerds who play that weird board game with the funny looking dice."

"Ever heard of a wyvern? They got two legs and some wings. I think their wings can actually work as front legs. Anyway, a while back, Arrow told me that because of some sort of magic, they can't leave their kingdom. Their leader is called the Vasiliá vounón. I'm not sure why so few know they exist though."

4 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"He kinda looks like one of those nerds who play that weird board game with the funny looking dice."

"Ever heard of a wyvern? They got two legs and some wings. I think their wings can actually work as front legs. Anyway, a while back, Arrow told me that because of some sort of magic, they can't leave their kingdom. Their leader is called the Vasiliá vounón. I'm not sure why so few know they exist though."

"But he isn't, he's potion maker, though he may be too into it since even his name is Potion." Ruby corrected shrugging.

"And yes, I am aware of the different types of...bigger lizards, I have even heard about a species in the east that doesn't have wings at all and can still fly, apparently they have embraced the ways of magic making them very powerful."

1 minute ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"But he isn't, he's potion maker, though he may be too into it since even his name is Potion." Ruby corrected shrugging.

"And yes, I am aware of the different types of...bigger lizards, I have even heard about a species in the east that doesn't have wings at all and can still fly, apparently they have embraced the ways of magic making them very powerful."

"I wonder if I could beat him in a fight. I guess I'll never since there is no way I'm going to challange anyone in the training yard again."

"Dragons in the east? You mean those dragons that talk like a fortune cookie?"

15 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I wonder if I could beat him in a fight. I guess I'll never since there is no way I'm going to challange anyone in the training yard again."

"Dragons in the east? You mean those dragons that talk like a fortune cookie?"

"I can't really reply to that either, since I have never seen him fight, but based on his words he could give some challenge even for me." Ruby admitted "He's also haunted by a sadistic ghost, a family curse like he calls it."

"And no idea, like I said, I have heard of them, I don't know how they talk since I have never met them, but they have very snake like form."

(edited)
1 hour ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I can't really reply to that either, since I have never seen him fight, but based on his words he could give some challenge even for me." Ruby admitted "He's also haunted by a sadistic ghost, a family curse like he calls it."

"And no idea, like I said, I have heard of them, I don't know how they talk since I have never met them, but they have very snake like form."

"If that's true, he could probably give me some trouble considering how things went for me when fighting you."

"Then again, my experience is in fighting ponies, not dragons and he clearly is a pony."

This made Somnus think. He even went as far as to pull out a journal, which had documented accounts of him facing different opponents and many tactics.

"Alright, Arrow can defeat a dragon, and I beat him twice. Once when he was going all out and yesterday when he was holding back."

He flipped through some pages in his journal.

"Well, I don't know much about this potion guy, but based on what you me... if such a fight were to happen, he could be quite a challenge."

Somnus wasn't planning on fighting him since there wasn't really a threat. He did however like to come up with ways to he could fight his opponents if a situation somehow ended up happening. It was part of what made him good at what he does.

Somnus put the journal back into his bag.

"Back on the subject of the wyverns, they can use more than fire. Arrow knows one that can breathe darkness or something. He describes him as a dragon with dark scales and glowing red eyes. He also says that he's a pretty nice guy."

14 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"If that's true, he could probably give me some trouble considering how things went for me when fighting you."

"Then again, my experience is in fighting ponies, not dragons and he clearly is a pony."

This made Somnus think. He even went as far as to pull out a journal, which had documented accounts of him facing different opponents and many tactics.

"Alright, Arrow can defeat a dragon, and I beat him twice. Once when he was going all out and yesterday when he was holding back."

He flipped through some pages in his journal.

"Well, I don't know much about this potion guy, but based on what you me... if such a fight were to happen, he could be quite a challenge."

Somnus wasn't planning on fighting him since there wasn't really a threat. He did however like to come up with ways to he could fight his opponents if a situation somehow ended up happening. It was part of what made him good at what he does.

Somnus put the journal back into his bag.

"Back on the subject of the wyverns, they can use more than fire. Arrow knows one that can breathe darkness or something. He describes him as a dragon with dark scales and glowing red eyes. He also says that he's a pretty nice guy."

Ruby shrugged "Like said, I don't know how he actually fights, I only know what he claims to be, but he prefers not the fight, as he rather deals with his opponents through potion magic and poisons."

"Our kind also has the capabilities to other than fire breathing, those types that can do that naturally just are very rare because they tend to be physically weaker, so their bloodlines have slowly gotten smaller and smaller." she explained "But technically I could do that too if I bothered to study right spells, but I see it as unnecessary."

(edited)
3 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby shrugged "Like said, I don't know how he actually fights, I only know what he claims to be, but he prefers not the fight, as he rather deals with his opponents through potion magic and poisons."

"Our kind also has the capabilities to other than fire breathing, those types that can do that naturally just are very rare because they tend to be physically weaker, so their bloodlines have slowly gotten smaller and smaller." she explained "But technically I could do that too if I bothered to study right spells, but I see it as unnecessary."

"The strength of a wyvern varies and has very little to do with magical abilities. They are typically born with magical abilities, some have an ability that the rest don't have."

"They also seem to have more culture than other types of dragons. They are similar to ponies when it comes to culture, laws, and society... accept their leader is a complete and total tyrant. It's only a matter of time before a revolution happens there."

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"The strength of a wyvern varies and has very little to do with magical abilities. They are typically born with magical abilities, some have an ability that the rest don't have."

"They also seem to have more culture than other types of dragons. They are similar to ponies when it comes to culture, laws, and society... accept their leader is a complete and total tyrant. It's only a matter of time before a revolution happens there."

"I know, but I was talking about my kind."

"And that's exactly why we don't have a leader." Ruby commented "Dragon leader is bound to be a tyrant, which is bound to cause a uprising, which will put the next tyrant in power." "My guess is that's exactly why my kind has ended up where it is, since there has to have been a culture at some point since we have written language."

2 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I know, but I was talking about my kind."

"And that's exactly why we don't have a leader." Ruby commented "Dragon leader is bound to be a tyrant, which is bound to cause a uprising, which will put the next tyrant in power." "My guess is that's exactly why my kind has ended up where it is, since there has to have been a culture at some point since we have written language."

"I think they want some sort of democracy or something. I'm not sure how it will go since democracy isn't very common in this world."

On 1/15/2019 at 5:58 AM, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Well it's good to see that you understand."

One of the new recruits walked over to the two ponies.

"Can you two shut up?"

Arrow looked at the recruit, then looked at Rose, back at the recruit, then back at Rose, then looked at all the other recruits and said something to them.

"Well, he's dead."

Rose looked at the recruit and went flaming furious. She walked up to him while threateningly staring at him. 

"SAY THAT AGAIN IF YOU DARE!!!"

Just now, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

Rose looked at the recruit and went flaming furious. She walked up to him while threateningly staring at him. 

"SAY THAT AGAIN IF YOU DARE!!!"

That was more than enough to scare the recruit, so he quickly went back to the line.

"Well, he's probably gonna be cleaning the castle with a toothbrush... if he's lucky. You don't wanna know what happened to the last guy who angered the captain."

Arrow pulled a letter out of his bag.

"I should also report that a message has been sent from another nation called the Wyvern Kingdom. Due to certain circumstances, very few know they exist, but this seems pretty important."

Arrow gave the letter to the captain.

To whom this may concern,

For many years we have been in isolation because of a tyrant leader. He had imprisoned all who opposed him and used his armies to attack his own civilians. We are starting a revolution to overthrow this leader, but we are in need of help.

-The Wyvern Militia

"I've spoken to Princess Celestia just before going here. She says it's your call."