Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

2 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

That was more than enough to scare the recruit, so he quickly went back to the line.

"Well, he's probably gonna be cleaning the castle with a toothbrush... if he's lucky. You don't wanna know what happened to the last guy who angered the captain."

Arrow pulled a letter out of his bag.

"I should also report that a message has been sent from another nation called the Wyvern Kingdom. Due to certain circumstances, very few know they exist, but this seems pretty important."

Arrow gave the letter to the captain.

To whom this may concern,

For many years we have been in isolation because of a tyrant leader. He had imprisoned all who opposed him and used his armies to attack his own civilians. We are starting a revolution to overthrow this leader, but we are in need of help.

-The Wyvern Militia

"I've spoken to Princess Celestia just before going here. She says it's your call."

Rose took the report paper and read it. She actually never heard of that Kingdom before. She gave it a thought while looking at the medals attached to her military uniform blazer. 

"It's my call? I guess the best I can do is send two regiments of soldiers there. Though I'm kinda wanting to go with them, to give them courage in this mission. The thing is that I'd need somepony to replace me while I'm away. Is Auran Lightwing still here? He's got a great potential to become Captain. Though if he isn't here, do you think you could be in charge? Or you rather have it be somepony else's responsibility?"

(edited)
26 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

Rose took the report paper and read it. She actually never heard of that Kingdom before. She gave it a thought while looking at the medals attached to her military uniform blazer. 

"It's my call? I guess the best I can do is send two regiments of soldiers there. Though I'm kinda wanting to go with them, to give them courage in this mission. The thing is that I'd need somepony to replace me while I'm away. Is Auran Lightwing still here? He's got a great potential to become Captain. Though if he isn't here, do you think you could be in charge? Or you rather have it be somepony else's responsibility?"

"I'd suggest Somnus, but he's out for half a year due to his injury and we are NOT putting Ruby in charge, then there's the fact that I will likely be sent out there due to my experience with dragons."

"We could just have some random drill sergent handle it. They are pretty good at bossing ponies around."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

32 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I'd suggest Somnus, but he's out for half a year due to his injury and we are NOT putting Ruby in charge, then there's the fact that I will likely be sent out there due to my experience with dragons."

"We could just have some random drill sergent handle it. They are pretty good at bossing ponies around."

"Oh? There are dragons out there? It wasn't mentioned in the letter was it? Anyway I'm glad you'll be with me, cause I was concerned about not seeing you for a long time."

"And yes, I'll find a sergeant who shares the same opinion with me regarding respect."

Edited by Emperor Blu Traincrown

14 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

"Oh? There are dragons out there? It wasn't mentioned in the letter was it? Anyway I'm glad you'll be with me, cause I was concerned about not seeing you for a long time."

"And yes, I'll find a sergeant who shares the same opinion with me regarding respect."

"Well, I thought it'd be pretty clear since a Wyvern is a type of dragon."

"Despite my combat experience, this will be my first war... or would it technically be an armed conflict? I guess it depends if Princess Celestia does an official declaration of war or not."

Arrow gave a strange orb to a nearby guard.

"Use this to enchant a bunch of weapons and armor so that we can actually damage the enemy."

He looked at Rose.

"I've been to the Wyvern Kingdom before becoming a guard. Both sides will be dragons. The ones in dark armor are the enemies while the ones in bright armor will be on our side."

6 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Well, I thought it'd be pretty clear since a Wyvern is a type of dragon."

"Despite my combat experience, this will be my first war... or would it technically be an armed conflict? I guess it depends if Princess Celestia does an official declaration of war or not."

Arrow gave a strange orb to a nearby guard.

"Use this to enchant a bunch of weapons and armor so that we can actually damage the enemy."

He looked at Rose.

"I've been to the Wyvern Kingdom before becoming a guard. Both sides will be dragons. The ones in dark armor are the enemies while the ones in bright armor will be on our side."

"On my side, I've been 3-star General in the Trains Empire before being Captain of the Royal Guards here. In addition to being famous for its trains, it's also famous for its military. Actually we own firearms and army vehicles such as tanks! I believe these would be pretty efficient on a dragon"

"And well, we definitely need weapons. Otherwise we'll be useless help because we wouldn't stand a chance. I'll speak to Princess Celestia about this. Though I never knew a Wyvern was a dragon."

58 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

"On my side, I've been 3-star General in the Trains Empire before being Captain of the Royal Guards here. In addition to being famous for its trains, it's also famous for its military. Actually we own firearms and army vehicles such as tanks! I believe these would be pretty efficient on a dragon"

"And well, we definitely need weapons. Otherwise we'll be useless help because we wouldn't stand a chance. I'll speak to Princess Celestia about this. Though I never knew a Wyvern was a dragon."

"Firearms? In the other world, they have the exact same things. They also have things called fighter jets and attack helicopters. They also have bombs that can destroy cities and they have enough to wipe all life from an entire world multiple times. Needless to say, you do NOT want to fight them."

"Perhaps Equestria should look into researching these things, well... not the big bomb things, that's a bit too risky."

8 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Firearms? In the other world, they have the exact same things. They also have things called fighter jets and attack helicopters. They also have bombs that can destroy cities and they have enough to wipe all life from an entire world multiple times. Needless to say, you do NOT want to fight them."

"Perhaps Equestria should look into researching these things, well... not the big bomb things, that's a bit too risky."

"Agreed, better not mess with them."

"And yes, spears and armor are quite limiting our fighting potential because we can't fight our enemy from a long distance. Sniper rifles allow this."

1 minute ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

"Agreed, better not mess with them."

"And yes, spears and armor are quite limiting our fighting potential because we can't fight our enemy from a long distance. Sniper rifles allow this."

"Now that I think about it, all we really need to do is just send a few generals to help organize them since that's really the only problem they have. They have the numbers, just not the organization. Sending generals would likely yield good results while avoiding having to risk the lives of thousands of soldiers when we don't need to."

"I actually learned this concept from Somnus."

12 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Now that I think about it, all we really need to do is just send a few generals to help organize them since that's really the only problem they have. They have the numbers, just not the organization. Sending generals would likely yield good results while avoiding having to risk the lives of thousands of soldiers when we don't need to."

"I actually learned this concept from Somnus."

"I'll go lead them then, since Princess Celestia assigned me to this mission."

(edited)
34 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

"I'll go lead them then, since Princess Celestia assigned me to this mission."

"She only said for you decide if we should aid them or not. Besides, you're needed here anyway."

"Besides, the other high ranking guy who said he was handling the training incident has always be talking about how he is tired of not being deployed."

Just then, the same guy happened to be walking by.

"Yeah, give me this one. I've been trying to get deployed for a while."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

6 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"She only said for you decide if we should aid them or not. Besides, you're needed here anyway."

"Besides, the other high ranking guy who said he was handling the training incident has always be talking about how he is tired of not being deployed."

Just then, the same guy happened to be walking by.

"Yeah, give me this one. I've been trying to get deployed for a while."

Rose was a bit sad she wouldn't be the one deployed there, but having to stay here was understandable.

"Fine, you're in charge."

1 hour ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

Rose was a bit sad she wouldn't be the one deployed there, but having to stay here was understandable.

"Fine, you're in charge."

The guard went off to get ready. 

Arrow looked at the disrespectful recruit from earlier then back at Rose.

"Anyway, I think it's time to find a fitting punishment for a certain recruit."

25 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

The guard went off to get ready. 

Arrow looked at the disrespectful recruit from earlier then back at Rose.

"Anyway, I think it's time to find a fitting punishment for a certain recruit."

Rose's cyan eyes flashed anger as she nodded.

"You're right..."

Rose walked up to the recruit before giving him a frightening glare.

"POTATO CHORE!!! NOW!!!"

Then she looked at the others.

"See this as a warning guys. You don't want to know what happened to the last one who disrespected me."

3 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

Rose's cyan eyes flashed anger as she nodded.

"You're right..."

Rose walked up to the recruit before giving him a frightening glare.

"POTATO CHORE!!! NOW!!!"

Then she looked at the others.

"See this as a warning guys. You don't want to know what happened to the last one who disrespected me."

The recruit ran off to do whatever the potato chore was.

"What's the potato chore?"

49 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

"This chore consists in peeling potatoes, lots of potatoes."

"Why potatoes?"

That's really all Arrow could ask at the moment.

"Is that what the fries in the cafeteria are made of?"

5 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Why potatoes?"

That's really all Arrow could ask at the moment.

"Is that what the fries in the cafeteria are made of?"

"Yea, that's what they're made of. So, I guess there's not much to do today, unless I'm told otherwise."

32 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

"Yea, that's what they're made of. So, I guess there's not much to do today, unless I'm told otherwise."

"True, it's been a pretty slow day. Eventful, but still slow."

"Well, there's still training the recruits if you haven't finished already."

On 1/18/2019 at 5:47 PM, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I think they want some sort of democracy or something. I'm not sure how it will go since democracy isn't very common in this world."

"What a disgrace for the lizard kind." Ruby coldly commented "To abandon one's nature for something like that, how disgusting." "Well, it's good to know so I can avoid dealing with them from now on, shame."

13 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"True, it's been a pretty slow day. Eventful, but still slow."

"Well, there's still training the recruits if you haven't finished already."

"Well I've actually finished the recruit training for today, so I guess my shift ends here. I'll just stay in my office in case something unexpected happens"

7 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"What a disgrace for the lizard kind." Ruby coldly commented "To abandon one's nature for something like that, how disgusting." "Well, it's good to know so I can avoid dealing with them from now on, shame."

"To be fair, Wyverns aren't the same as other types of dragons."

"They're just tired of their leader using his army to kill his own citizens. Besides, the nature of your kind and the nature of a Wyvern is very different."

7 hours ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

"Well I've actually finished the recruit training for today, so I guess my shift ends here. I'll just stay in my office in case something unexpected happens"

"My shift just now ended."

"Also, what's not to expect at this point? We basically get attacked on a regular basis."

What was supposed to be a simple statement turned into a rant.

"Then during the attack we try to  do something, we get absolutely demolished, but Equestria turns out fine simply because Princess Twilight solves the problem."

"Seriously, why do we guards keep losing every single time Canterlot gets attacked? There were the changelings, that storm guy, and some bugbears."

It was clear that he was pretty annoyed by all this.

"The ponies we are sworn to protect see us as incompetent."

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"To be fair, Wyverns aren't the same as other types of dragons."

"They're just tired of their leader using his army to kill his own citizens. Besides, the nature of your kind and the nature of a Wyvern is very different."

"We all originate from the same place." Ruby stated "Even if they have evolved to what they are, I still despise the mental weakness." "Sure it may be that my kind is bit old fashioned, but why to fix something that isn't broken."

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"My shift just now ended."

"Also, what's not to expect at this point? We basically get attacked on a regular basis."

What was supposed to be a simple statement turned into a rant.

"Then during the attack we try to  do something, we get absolutely demolished, but Equestria turns out fine simply because Princess Twilight solves the problem."

"Seriously, why do we guards keep losing every single time Canterlot gets attacked? There were the changelings, that storm guy, and some bugbears."

It was clear that he was pretty annoyed by all this.

"The ponies we are sworn to protect see us as incompetent."

Rose nodded as she agreed with Arrow. This was unfair, and the mare dreamt about proving the Royal Guards are capable of protecting Canterlot and not simple background.

8 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"We all originate from the same place." Ruby stated "Even if they have evolved to what they are, I still despise the mental weakness." "Sure it may be that my kind is bit old fashioned, but why to fix something that isn't broken."

"We may not need to fix what isn't broken, but it is a good idea to enhance what could be improved upon. As for mental weakness, I should probably correct you. The wyverns are using their head instead of their physical strength. Many other types of dragons focus more on physical strength over mental strength."

Somnus was NOT calling Ruby mentally weak, he just giving a reason why wyverns would actually be mentally strong.