Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

5 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Like said before, I can't tell which one of you would win a fight, since I have never sen him fight" Ruby reminded "But I know that you were to become enemies, there would most likely not be a fight, as he has his hooves on poisons strong enough to take down a dragon, and countless ways to get said poisons into you." she ignored his conversation with Fluffball.

"In theory, certain poisons could take me down, but it really depends on what kind it is. Poisons that cause illness would fail while ones that kill in another way could work."

"Of course, the question is who would get to who first. I don't think me and him will become enemies though since I don't plan on making him mad enough."

2 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"In theory, certain poisons could take me down, but it really depends on what kind it is. Poisons that cause illness would fail while ones that kill in another way could work."

"Of course, the question is who would get to who first. I don't think me and him will become enemies though since I don't plan on making him mad enough."

"Considering that dragons are immune to most poisons because of how much you would need to kill them, I'm sure that if he has something strong enough to take down a dragon bigger than me, a immortal batpony is nothing." Ruby simply commented "You can never know, anything can happen in this world of ours."

1 hour ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Considering that dragons are immune to most poisons because of how much you would need to kill them, I'm sure that if he has something strong enough to take down a dragon bigger than me, a immortal batpony is nothing." Ruby simply commented "You can never know, anything can happen in this world of ours."

"True. Death by illness counts as natural causes, which is what I can't die from. Anything else could kill me."

"In the event we do become enemies, I'll have to deploy a few tactics to prevent him from being able to poison me. He could be quite a challenge though."

13 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"True. Death by illness counts as natural causes, which is what I can't die from. Anything else could kill me."

"In the event we do become enemies, I'll have to deploy a few tactics to prevent him from being able to poison me. He could be quite a challenge though."

Ruby just shrugged, she didn't have anything to add to the topic. Calti had started playing with Ruby's ears again, biting and clawing them furiously, tangling herself into Ruby's mane by accident too.

5 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby just shrugged, she didn't have anything to add to the topic. Calti had started playing with Ruby's ears again, biting and clawing them furiously, tangling herself into Ruby's mane by accident too.

Somnus started to head in the direction of the castle.

"I gotta know one thing. What does meow mean? Cats say it all the time, but I have no idea what it means."

2 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus started to head in the direction of the castle.

"I gotta know one thing. What does meow mean? Cats say it all the time, but I have no idea what it means."

"Meow by itself doesn't mean anything, because cats don't have language." Ruby replied "The context comes from how they meow." "Like the way you say something can change the meaning of what you are saying even if you don't change the words, only difference is that cat's don't use words."

Just now, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Meow by itself doesn't mean anything, because cats don't have language." Ruby replied "The context comes from how they meow." "Like the way you say something can change the meaning of what you are saying even if you don't change the words, only difference is that cat's don't use words."

"They all sound the same to me. They also make a purring sound when you pet them. Why don't dogs do that?"

He looked at Fluffball.

"And Fluffball just stares. He says that hamsters squeak sometimes, but I've never heard it."

On 1/26/2019 at 2:41 PM, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Arrow started to head out of the castle.

"I wonder what I should do after my contract here is over. Maybe I'll do adventures again."

Rose was a bit confused about what Arrow said, and let it be clear on her face. 

"Adventures?"

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"They all sound the same to me. They also make a purring sound when you pet them. Why don't dogs do that?"

He looked at Fluffball.

"And Fluffball just stares. He says that hamsters squeak sometimes, but I've never heard it."

"Because they are not felines." Ruby stated "It's like asking why ponies don't purr." "And you don't hear the difference  because you haven't learned to listen for the differences, because most of the most common ones are clear enough for your senses to pick up."

1 hour ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

Rose was a bit confused about what Arrow said, and let it be clear on her face. 

"Adventures?"

"Yeah, I use to be some sort of adventurer, then I took an arrow to the knee. Couldn't climb mountains or hills for a good while, so I had to settle for something a little less crazy which is being a guard."

"Might do mercenary stuff instead of adventuring so I can return home at the end of the day. Or I'll just enlist again."

Arrow remembered something.

"You know that cat I found that I was looking for someone to give it to? I finally found someone who wanted the kitten."

--------------------------------------------------------------

41 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Because they are not felines." Ruby stated "It's like asking why ponies don't purr." "And you don't hear the difference  because you haven't learned to listen for the differences, because most of the most common ones are clear enough for your senses to pick up."

Somnus reached over and pet Calti.

"What are the chances of you using Calti to annoy the captain?"

"I remember the captain to who was right before Shining Armor. Fluffball was always trying to annoy him. He was mad because the guy called him a mouse."

21 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Yeah, I use to be some sort of adventurer, then I took an arrow to the knee. Couldn't climb mountains or hills for a good while, so I had to settle for something a little less crazy which is being a guard."

"Might do mercenary stuff instead of adventuring so I can return home at the end of the day. Or I'll just enlist again."

Arrow remembered something.

"You know that cat I found that I was looking for someone to give it to? I finally found someone who wanted the kitten."

Rose understood what Arrow meant now. She actually got where Arrow was taking his taste for risk from.

As for the cat, she tilted her head a bit.

"Yeah? Who's its owner now?"

1 hour ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

Rose understood what Arrow meant now. She actually got where Arrow was taking his taste for risk from.

As for the cat, she tilted her head a bit.

"Yeah? Who's its owner now?"

"Ruby. It turns out she really likes cats for some reason. I know enough about dragons to know that nothing will go wrong."

14 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus reached over and pet Calti.

"What are the chances of you using Calti to annoy the captain?"

"I remember the captain to who was right before Shining Armor. Fluffball was always trying to annoy him. He was mad because the guy called him a mouse."

"I won't use her to do anything, but if she decides to annoy her, I won't stop her." Ruby replied "And if the captain tries to blame that on me, I just plead to the fact that I don't agree with ponies' oppressive ways to keep a pet." "She can't really refute that without making apparent that she looks down on other creatures, which in current times wouldn't do good for her reputation." she smirked

3 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I won't use her to do anything, but if she decides to annoy her, I won't stop her." Ruby replied "And if the captain tries to blame that on me, I just plead to the fact that I don't agree with ponies' oppressive ways to keep a pet." "She can't really refute that without making apparent that she looks down on other creatures, which in current times wouldn't do good for her reputation." she smirked

"Fluffball, are you oppressed?"

"He says he wants another peanut."

Somnus reached into his saddlebag and gave his hamster a peanut.

"I remember when peanuts were first discovered. Ever since then, Fluffball always wanted peanuts."

4 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Fluffball, are you oppressed?"

"He says he wants another peanut."

Somnus reached into his saddlebag and gave his hamster a peanut.

"I remember when peanuts were first discovered. Ever since then, Fluffball always wanted peanuts."

"Your hamster isn't really a great example." Ruby stated "But really think about it, dogs, cats, birds, hamsters, mice...what ever you can come up with, trapped inside buildings, cages, and leashes, only to be let out when their owner chooses so." "Think if somebody did that to a pony, it's considered a crime." she then looked at Fluffball "I'd say that in your case you're the one being held prisoner if any of you too, since your hamster clearly has the power over you." she said it in almost humorous way.

5 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Your hamster isn't really a great example." Ruby stated "But really think about it, dogs, cats, birds, hamsters, mice...what ever you can come up with, trapped inside buildings, cages, and leashes, only to be let out when their owner chooses so." "Think if somebody did that to a pony, it's considered a crime." she then looked at Fluffball "I'd say that in your case you're the one being held prisoner if any of you too, since your hamster clearly has the power over you." she said it in almost humorous way.

"I can't help it. How am I supposed to not listen to things that are adorable? He's a very good hamster."

"I just realized something. If a blunt object hits a dragon scale hard enough, shouldn't the kinetic energy break the bones underneath? A warhammer is made to take down someone who has armor."

"...then again, a rock on a stick isn't exactly a warhammer."

Just now, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I can't help it. How am I supposed to not listen to things that are adorable? He's a very good hamster."

"I just realized something. If a blunt object hits a dragon scale hard enough, shouldn't the kinetic energy break the bones underneath? A warhammer is made to take down someone who has armor."

"...then again, a rock on a stick isn't exactly a warhammer."

"If you hit hard enough yes, that is one of the ways how we fight, but it needs to be a very hard hit, because our scales adsorb a quite a lot." Ruby explained "Only reason why you did it with your hits was because of the magic in the weapon, normally the wouldn't have been hard enough to do damage...or well, it could have cracked a scale, but that doesn't really do anything."

51 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"If you hit hard enough yes, that is one of the ways how we fight, but it needs to be a very hard hit, because our scales adsorb a quite a lot." Ruby explained "Only reason why you did it with your hits was because of the magic in the weapon, normally the wouldn't have been hard enough to do damage...or well, it could have cracked a scale, but that doesn't really do anything."

"I wonder what an enchanted war hammer would do. I'd ask Arrow, but he doesn't use war hammers. He prefers swords, spears, and bows."

Somnus soon realized that they were now close to the castle.

"Imagine how mad the captain will be when she realizes that Arrow gave you a tiny kitten. Not that she can do anything about it."

13 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I wonder what an enchanted war hammer would do. I'd ask Arrow, but he doesn't use war hammers. He prefers swords, spears, and bows."

Somnus soon realized that they were now close to the castle.

"Imagine how mad the captain will be when she realizes that Arrow gave you a tiny kitten. Not that she can do anything about it."

"Your hammers are so small that they would probably penetrate the scales before breaking the bones underneath." Ruby replied thoughtfully.
"I don't see a reason for her to be mad about it, sure she's mad about me even existing, but I don't see her as someone who would care about a kitten."

On 2/14/2019 at 9:25 PM, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Ruby. It turns out she really likes cats for some reason. I know enough about dragons to know that nothing will go wrong."

Rose really was surprised. Of all individuals she expected to like cats, Ruby was the very last one. 

"You've got to be kidding me."

6 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Your hammers are so small that they would probably penetrate the scales before breaking the bones underneath." Ruby replied thoughtfully.
"I don't see a reason for her to be mad about it, sure she's mad about me even existing, but I don't see her as someone who would care about a kitten."

"Maybe, but she might think you will eat it or something. Arrow seems to be aware that you won't do that though. He knows quite a bit about dragons. You tend to know a lot about something when you use to fight it all the time."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 hours ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

Rose really was surprised. Of all individuals she expected to like cats, Ruby was the very last one. 

"You've got to be kidding me."

"How is that surprising? Everyone loves cats."

A random pony came floating down with a parachute. This was a brown muscular pony.

"I no find batpony and dragon anywhere! I crush you two instead because you look puny and puny pony must be crushed!"

Before Arrow could even do something to take this guy down, the pony was already knocked out. A grey elderly unicorn stood over him. The old stallion was undoubtedly trained.

"Hey Arrow, I was just coming down to visit you."

This was clearly Arrow's grandfather. He looked over to Rose.

"You must be the captain. Back when I was captain 67 years ago, not a single pony would dare step out of line. I gotta ask, is that immortal batpony who never ages still a guard?"

56 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Maybe, but she might think you will eat it or something. Arrow seems to be aware that you won't do that though. He knows quite a bit about dragons. You tend to know a lot about something when you use to fight it all the time."

"He knows about Equestrian dragons, he knows nothing about me." Ruby stated "Sure he is correct in this one if he assumes so, but it's just a lucky guess." "He doesn't know anything about me, he only guesses based on what he knows about Equestrian kind, and some of his guesses are correct.."

1 hour ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"He knows about Equestrian dragons, he knows nothing about me." Ruby stated "Sure he is correct in this one if he assumes so, but it's just a lucky guess." "He doesn't know anything about me, he only guesses based on what he knows about Equestrian kind, and some of his guesses are correct.."

"He isn't wrong to apply his knowledge on them to make a few guesses on you. It's really the best he has."

17 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"How is that surprising? Everyone loves cats."

"Well, I don't. And I didn't expect the individual who dislikes next to everypony to actually like cats."

A random pony came floating down with a parachute. This was a brown muscular pony.

"I no find batpony and dragon anywhere! I crush you two instead because you look puny and puny pony must be crushed!"

Rose didn't reply, she was finding this pony strange and stupid enough not to respond.

Before Arrow could even do something to take this guy down, the pony was already knocked out. A grey elderly unicorn stood over him. The old stallion was undoubtedly trained.

"Hey Arrow, I was just coming down to visit you."

This was clearly Arrow's grandfather. He looked over to Rose.

"You must be the captain. Back when I was captain 67 years ago, not a single pony would dare step out of line. I gotta ask, is that immortal batpony who never ages still a guard?"

Standing at attention and doing a firm salute to Arrow's grandfather, Rose recognized herself when he mentioned not a single pony would dare step out of line. 

"Somnus you mean? Yes, he still is. Though right now he's off duty due to a broken leg."

15 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"He isn't wrong to apply his knowledge on them to make a few guesses on you. It's really the best he has."

"I didn't say it's wrong to guess." Ruby pointed out "I said you can't say he knows things about me when he only guesses." "There's a difference you know, even if you ponies seem to like misuse your own language quite a lot."