Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

4 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

Rose took a deep breath before proceeding.

"Lately more and more incident reports coming into my office were involving the same individual: Ruby Shine. She may have saved Canterlot from a bugbear, but she got close to making a pony filled airship crash. It also has been reported to me that she made the water of a fountain undrinkable with the help of Somnus by pouring soap in it."

Princess Celestia laughed for a moment.

"Soap in the fountain!? That's a classic!"

"Anyway, as for Ruby, I have heard quite a few complaints about her... mostly from Luna. You now have the authority to give her other duties as punishment."

6 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"More complexly stupid sounds more like it. Seriously, you could do all kinds of things, but you just go around following some nerd pretending to be a zebra."

"Ruby, is that ghost always this stupid?"

"It's a family curse." The unicorn said "Apparently somepony on my father's side killed her about 400 years ago." "Apparently? he did." "So you say."
"She isn't stupid, she's just persistent."

1 hour ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"It's a family curse." The unicorn said "Apparently somepony on my father's side killed her about 400 years ago." "Apparently? he did." "So you say."
"She isn't stupid, she's just persistent."

"400 years ago? Have you even considered two things? The first being that it was 400 years and that the pony who killed you is to blame, not the stripeless zebra?"

"Does fire work on ghosts? Maybe you should breathe fire on it."

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Princess Celestia laughed for a moment.

"Soap in the fountain!? That's a classic!"

"Anyway, as for Ruby, I have heard quite a few complaints about her... mostly from Luna. You now have the authority to give her other duties as punishment."

Rose held her joy inside and stood professional by saluting Celestia, once again. 

"Thank you very much, Your Highness."

Then the mare took her leave back to her office.

4 hours ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

Rose held her joy inside and stood professional by saluting Celestia, once again. 

"Thank you very much, Your Highness."

Then the mare took her leave back to her office.

Arrow followed her, he had nothing better to do.

"I'm guessing that Ruby is gonna take the night shift? Now all you gotta figure out is what to punish Somnus with when he gets back on duty."

14 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"400 years ago? Have you even considered two things? The first being that it was 400 years and that the pony who killed you is to blame, not the stripeless zebra?"

"Does fire work on ghosts? Maybe you should breathe fire on it."

"Have you ever considered what family curse means?" the unicorn commented before the mare replied "Would you prefer me to torment you then you flying rat?" "I'm stuck in this damned land regardless so I may as well annoy the family that is the blame for it."

"No, fire doesn't work on condensed fog that can get colder than anything else I know." "I have tried."

2 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Have you ever considered what family curse means?" the unicorn commented before the mare replied "Would you prefer me to torment you then you flying rat?" "I'm stuck in this damned land regardless so I may as well annoy the family that is the blame for it."

"No, fire doesn't work on condensed fog that can get colder than anything else I know." "I have tried."

"If it's a family curse, just make a potion or something. I saw that in a movie once."

He looked at the mare.

"I bet 50 bits this level of you being annoying is why the pony killed you to begin with."

He looked over at Ruby.

"So, when do you think that she will find out she's more slightly annoying than she is tormenting?"

37 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"If it's a family curse, just make a potion or something. I saw that in a movie once."

He looked at the mare.

"I bet 50 bits this level of you being annoying is why the pony killed you to begin with."

He looked over at Ruby.

"So, when do you think that she will find out she's more slightly annoying than she is tormenting?"

"Real life isn't a movie." the unicorn simply stated "Do you think that if it was that simple she would still be annoying my family after four centuries?" and before the mare could reply the unicorn continued "And you'd better start digging your bits as you are wrong, the real reason isn't any of your business but I assure you she was the opposite of annoying when she was alive, based on the killer that is, she can't remember and I only have writing on a paper to tell it." the mare surprisingly seemed to agree with the unicorn.

"Continuous annoyance is also torment." Ruby pointed out "And trust me, she was lot worse when I last met her."

16 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Real life isn't a movie." the unicorn simply stated "Do you think that if it was that simple she would still be annoying my family after four centuries?" and before the mare could reply the unicorn continued "And you'd better start digging your bits as you are wrong, the real reason isn't any of your business but I assure you she was the opposite of annoying when she was alive, based on the killer that is, she can't remember and I only have writing on a paper to tell it." the mare surprisingly seemed to agree with the unicorn.

"Continuous annoyance is also torment." Ruby pointed out "And trust me, she was lot worse when I last met her."

"Your face isn't a movie."

He looked at Fluffball.

"What do you mean that wasn't a good comeback?"

"Anyway, ghost lady. Don't you have a light to walk towards or something?"

10 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Your face isn't a movie."

He looked at Fluffball.

"What do you mean that wasn't a good comeback?"

"Anyway, ghost lady. Don't you have a light to walk towards or something?"

Ruby just facehoofed at Somnus's poor attempt at a comeback, it didn't make her exactly proud about liking him.
"Doesn't wprk like that, I told you I'm more than a lowly ghost, and I told you I'm trapped in this damn land."

1 hour ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby just facehoofed at Somnus's poor attempt at a comeback, it didn't make her exactly proud about liking him.
"Doesn't wprk like that, I told you I'm more than a lowly ghost, and I told you I'm trapped in this damn land."

"Hmm... maybe the body wasn't buried properly. Or maybe you have some sort of unfinished business here in this world."

This was a bit smarter than his other ideas, but he still had no idea what was really going on.

"Hold up! This is unrelated, but I just realized something! How are ponies named after personalities or talants before they are known?"

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Hmm... maybe the body wasn't buried properly. Or maybe you have some sort of unfinished business here in this world."

This was a bit smarter than his other ideas, but he still had no idea what was really going on.

"Hold up! This is unrelated, but I just realized something! How are ponies named after personalities or talants before they are known?"

"Do I need to repeat myself?" the mare asked slightly annoyed, but the unicorn cut in "To answer your unrelated question, no idea, don't care, I was named what I was because all stallions in my family share the same name." "Then back to the topic, she isn't here due unfinished business or restlessness, but because a sentient artifact that keeps her here." "If you don't know what I'm talking about, that mean you're not supposed to, but it is something that princesses are aware of."

44 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Do I need to repeat myself?" the mare asked slightly annoyed, but the unicorn cut in "To answer your unrelated question, no idea, don't care, I was named what I was because all stallions in my family share the same name." "Then back to the topic, she isn't here due unfinished business or restlessness, but because a sentient artifact that keeps her here." "If you don't know what I'm talking about, that mean you're not supposed to, but it is something that princesses are aware of."

"Huh, another secret thing. The princesses don't let me guard secrets anymore because of this one time I was told about some sort of secret thing and I stuck my head out the window and yelled it as loud as I possibly could. Someone told me it was a good way to remember things."

He looked over to Ruby again.

"I still think I could beat him in a fight."

"Huh, another secret thing. The princesses don't let me guard secrets anymore because of this one time I was told about some sort of secret thing and I stuck my head out the window and yelled it as loud as I possibly could. Someone told me it was a good way to remember things."

He looked over to Ruby again.

"I still think I could beat him in a fight."

The unicorn just blinked, and blinked again at his comment to Ruby "Well, good luck with that, is there something else stupid you want to say or can I finally leave?" the mared din't say anything but the room was getting constantly colder. 

3 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

The unicorn just blinked, and blinked again at his comment to Ruby "Well, good luck with that, is there something else stupid you want to say or can I finally leave?" the mared din't say anything but the room was getting constantly colder. 

"Yeah, you can go now. Just get yourself a vacuum cleaner."

He looked at Ruby.

"Y'know, I was half expecting him to try and kill me."

5 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Yeah, you can go now. Just get yourself a vacuum cleaner."

He looked at Ruby.

"Y'know, I was half expecting him to try and kill me."

"As far as you know you may be dying at the moment" Ruby said half joking as she opened the treasury "Ah, home sweet home." she transformed immediately when she got inside and pretty much jumped on the treasure, burying her head inside it.

5 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"As far as you know you may be dying at the moment" Ruby said half joking as she opened the treasury "Ah, home sweet home." she transformed immediately when she got inside and pretty much jumped on the treasure, burying her head inside it.

The fact she was only half joking didn't exactly scare him, but he was gonna keep an eye out.

"I doubt it. There's a reason I didn't make any physical contact with the guy."

Fluffball climbed the treasure and went over to Ruby.

"Now you're threatening to eat all of the treasure? You wouldn't even be able to bite into it."

The fact she was only half joking didn't exactly scare him, but he was gonna keep an eye out.

"I doubt it. There's a reason I didn't make any physical contact with the guy."

Fluffball climbed the treasure and went over to Ruby.

"Now you're threatening to eat all of the treasure? You wouldn't even be able to bite into it."

"Things move through air too." Ruby pointed out.

At this point Calti had gone to play with the horn Ruby had taken as trophy.

Ruby exhaled head still inside the treasure pile causing few coins to fly a short distance, and spoke her voice bit muffled by the pile of treasure "Go ahead hamster, just don't get mad to me if you get hurt or sick."

6 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Things move through air too." Ruby pointed out.

At this point Calti had gone to play with the horn Ruby had taken as trophy.

Ruby exhaled head still inside the treasure pile causing few coins to fly a short distance, and spoke her voice bit muffled by the pile of treasure "Go ahead hamster, just don't get mad to me if you get hurt or sick."

"That is unsettling. I don't want it to come to this, but I will defend myself against him if the need arises."

"Now that I think about it, the enchantments Arrow put on my armor would protect against things that spread through the air. Of course if he got me with a needle or I somehow consumed poison, I could have a problem."

As a guard was walking by, Somnus called to him.

"You! Retrieve my armor. You should bring my spear too just in case I need it. Know what? Go tell the captain that I'm going to be on duty even with this broken leg whether she likes it or not."

"Are you sure you want to do that? You really should rest with that broken l-"

"Just do it!"

"Alright."

The guard ran off to do exactly what Somnus told him to do.

As for what Ruby said to Fluffball.

"He'll be fine, but he probably won't be able to bite into any of it since he's a hamster."

4 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"That is unsettling. I don't want it to come to this, but I will defend myself against him if the need arises."

"Now that I think about it, the enchantments Arrow put on my armor would protect against things that spread through the air. Of course if he got me with a needle or I somehow consumed poison, I could have a problem."

As a guard was walking by, Somnus called to him.

"You! Retrieve my armor. You should bring my spear too just in case I need it. Know what? Go tell the captain that I'm going to be on duty even with this broken leg whether she likes it or not."

"Are you sure you want to do that? You really should rest with that broken l-"

"Just do it!"

"Alright."

The guard ran off to do exactly what Somnus told him to do.

As for what Ruby said to Fluffball.

"He'll be fine, but he probably won't be able to bite into any of it since he's a hamster."

Ruby didn't comment on the whole Somnus returning to duty thing, but it did make her to see him in bit of a better light, as it showed that he wasn't scared of an injury.
"He may be immune to illness and damage, but I still would say that if he was to eat for example a gem bigger than himself, he wouldn't feel too good."

19 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby didn't comment on the whole Somnus returning to duty thing, but it did make her to see him in bit of a better light, as it showed that he wasn't scared of an injury.
"He may be immune to illness and damage, but I still would say that if he was to eat for example a gem bigger than himself, he wouldn't feel too good."

"True, he can still feel discomfort. He once tried to eat a rock that gave him discomfort and I had to take him down to the vet to get it removed."

The guard returned with the armor and spear.

"Got your armor and spear. I had another guard send a message down to the captain."

Somnus gave him an approving nod and put on his armor.

11 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"True, he can still feel discomfort. He once tried to eat a rock that gave him discomfort and I had to take him down to the vet to get it removed."

The guard returned with the armor and spear.

"Got your armor and spear. I had another guard send a message down to the captain."

Somnus gave him an approving nod and put on his armor.

Ruby still had her head buried in the treasure, but she could figure out what was happening based on what she could hear. "I hope that the obnoxious mare doesn't come here to complain about your decision." "I have have pretty much gotten fed up with ponies for today"

5 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby still had her head buried in the treasure, but she could figure out what was happening based on what she could hear. "I hope that the obnoxious mare doesn't come here to complain about your decision." "I have have pretty much gotten fed up with ponies for today"

"I have no idea how she will react."

"Everyone has been quite annoying today."

"Anyway, how are you able to breathe with your head in that?"

3 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I have no idea how she will react."

"Everyone has been quite annoying today."

"Anyway, how are you able to breathe with your head in that?"

"Treasure doesn't form tight enough pile to stop air from getting in." Ruby mumbled from the treasure "And my every exhale opens a momentarily route for the air to come in, as you can see from the falling things." a random pieces of treasure started rolling down the pile from same place now and then.

14 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Treasure doesn't form tight enough pile to stop air from getting in." Ruby mumbled from the treasure "And my every exhale opens a momentarily route for the air to come in, as you can see from the falling things." a random pieces of treasure started rolling down the pile from same place now and then.

"Ok then. Have you ever caught someone attempting to break into the treasury? Besides that one changling, he doesn't count since he is too stupid to manage such a thing."

"Also, are you allowed to eat anyone attempting to break in?"