Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

17 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby moved her mouth a little but didn't say anything, but even though there was nothing Somnus could hear, Calti had turned towards Ruby's head and was quiet, and though neither of them did anything nor make a noise, Calti suddenly looked submissive like a foal that was getting scolded, and went back between Ruby's wings, trying to ignore the dog.

"Alright, Phillip. You can leave Ruby alone now."

The dog kept barking until Fluffball climbed out of the saddlebag and looked at Somnus.

Somnus quickly gave the dog a peanut, which caused him to stop barking.

"I guess he just wanted a peanut."

On 3/3/2019 at 5:03 PM, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Alright, I'll walk this time. Once I teleported to a train station and landed in a bag full of all kinds of weapons. Of course, since there is little to no room in bags and there were many sharp items in there, it was pretty clear I was off duty for a couple months."

Arrow started to walk out with Rose.

Both ponies were now out of the Castle. Some time later, they arrived at Canterlot's Hayburger. Rose made her way in.

Just now, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

Both ponies were now out of the Castle. Some time later, they arrived at Canterlot's Hayburger. Rose made her way in.

Arrow walked in with her.

"You know how you're all about respect? I've noticed that none of the guards really respect Ruby at all. Could that be part of the reason why Ruby is so cold?"

A ball of paper hit Arrow in the head. He uncrumpled the paper and it was a letter addressed to Rose.

Deer Roze,

yor ar meen an i dont liek yor athority.

- From Green Mace

"Green Mace is probably just mad that he isn't allowed to throw eggs at visitors."

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Alright, Phillip. You can leave Ruby alone now."

The dog kept barking until Fluffball climbed out of the saddlebag and looked at Somnus.

Somnus quickly gave the dog a peanut, which caused him to stop barking.

"I guess he just wanted a peanut."

Ruby didn't say anything as she didn't really care, but Calti seemed glad that the dog had finally shut up as she was finally able to continue her sleep. "It's a great view from up here" was suddenly said just beyond their field of view. Ruby looked to the direction of the voice, and surprise, it was the cat-pony from earlier, sitting on a rock not far from them "I can see why you dragons like mountains so much." 

44 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby didn't say anything as she didn't really care, but Calti seemed glad that the dog had finally shut up as she was finally able to continue her sleep. "It's a great view from up here" was suddenly said just beyond their field of view. Ruby looked to the direction of the voice, and surprise, it was the cat-pony from earlier, sitting on a rock not far from them "I can see why you dragons like mountains so much." 

"How long were you there?"

Somnus looked over at Ruby and whispered something.

"How does he do that?"

19 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"How long were you there?"

Somnus looked over at Ruby and whispered something.

"How does he do that?"

"Just arrived." the catpony just stated nonchalantly.
Ruby just shrugged at Somnus's question, it was like she had said in the treasury, she doesn't know. "You have a weird taste of names Somnus, naming your dog a Phillip."

Just now, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Just arrived." the catpony just stated nonchalantly.
Ruby just shrugged at Somnus's question, it was like she had said in the treasury, she doesn't know. "You have a weird taste of names Somnus, naming your dog a Phillip."

"Phillip is clearly a nice name for a dog."

Somnus was still confused about where the catpony came from.

"Think he will eat yarn if I give him some?"

23 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Arrow walked in with her.

"You know how you're all about respect? I've noticed that none of the guards really respect Ruby at all. Could that be part of the reason why Ruby is so cold?"

A ball of paper hit Arrow in the head. He uncrumpled the paper and it was a letter addressed to Rose.

Deer Roze,

yor ar meen an i dont liek yor athority.

- From Green Mace

"Green Mace is probably just mad that he isn't allowed to throw eggs at visitors."

Rose gave it a thought.

"You're right, that might be one reason. Though I doubt she'll ever care if I make the guards respect her. You know her."

"And what can I do about this? I'm just making sure Celestia's rule is applied, no more, no less."

"Phillip is clearly a nice name for a dog."

Somnus was still confused about where the catpony came from.

"Think he will eat yarn if I give him some?"

"Is your memory really that bad old guy?" the catpony asked "She already told you cats don't eat yarn yesterday." "But if it's a ball of yarn, I will play with it, they are fun." Ruby had at this point already turned back towards the specific direction. 

23 hours ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

Rose gave it a thought.

"You're right, that might be one reason. Though I doubt she'll ever care if I make the guards respect her. You know her."

"And what can I do about this? I'm just making sure Celestia's rule is applied, no more, no less."

"I think Ruby might be trying to trick Somnus. Maybe pretending to care about him so that she could hurt or maybe eat him. It doesn't feel right."

A stallion at counter spoke up.

"Welcome to Hayburger what would you like to order?"

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, cat that I'm still tempted to pet, did you walk or teleport here?"

He whispered to Ruby.

"Does he leave a scent? Maybe we can find out where he goes when he disappears."

11 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Hey, cat that I'm still tempted to pet, did you walk or teleport here?"

He whispered to Ruby.

"Does he leave a scent? Maybe we can find out where he goes when he disappears."

"What does it matter." The catpone replied, sounding almost ominous, before licking his hoof dismissively. 

"The scent appears and disappears with him, that's why even I can't sense him before he speaks." "That's why I was sure i was hallucinating until you confirmed his existence."

7 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"What does it matter." The catpone replied, sounding almost ominous, before licking his hoof dismissively. 

"The scent appears and disappears with him, that's why even I can't sense him before he speaks." "That's why I was sure i was hallucinating until you confirmed his existence."

"That's pretty weird. How can someone disappear without their scent being left?"

"That's pretty weird. How can someone disappear without their scent being left?"

"If I knew I wouldn't have thought I'm imagining it." Ruby pointed out "But what I also found weird is that Calti doesn't seem to mind him, even when I tried to make her to do so, while she agrees with my judgement with everyone else"

13 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"If I knew I wouldn't have thought I'm imagining it." Ruby pointed out "But what I also found weird is that Calti doesn't seem to mind him, even when I tried to make her to do so, while she agrees with my judgement with everyone else"

"Cats are weird like that. She probably thinks in a similar way to him and views him as normal."

On 3/21/2019 at 9:44 PM, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I think Ruby might be trying to trick Somnus. Maybe pretending to care about him so that she could hurt or maybe eat him. It doesn't feel right."

A stallion at counter spoke up.

"Welcome to Hayburger what would you like to order?"

Rose made quite the upset face when hearing Arrow.

"I seriously hope this is not the case, because this would lead to consequences you don't wish to happen."

She looked at the stallion working here.

"Hmm, I'd like the Double Burger please."

13 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Cats are weird like that. She probably thinks in a similar way to him and views him as normal."

Ruby just shrugged, "Maybe, or maybe she just knows something I don't." The Catpony had started throwing a small rock around and jumping after it. Calti had moved away from Ruby's wings and was now sleeping on her head.

18 hours ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

Rose made quite the upset face when hearing Arrow.

"I seriously hope this is not the case, because this would lead to consequences you don't wish to happen."

She looked at the stallion working here.

"Hmm, I'd like the Double Burger please."

"Then again I could be wrong."

A random guard walked in with a mischievous smile came in.

"I think you're right. Ruby is acting and wants to kill Somnus just like you guessed. I mean do YOU trust Ruby? She did break his leg after all."

That guard was lying, but he was VERY clever when it came to that. Using their mistrust toward the dragon and the training yard incident to his advantage, there was no real way to know he was lying.

Arrow looked at Rose.

"He has a point."

The guard walked out and Arrow looked over at the guy at the counter.

"Oh! I'll have the Smile Meal and a Hay Cola! And I want the boy toy, NOT the girl toy!"

"That'll be 10 bits."

Arrow placed 10 bits on the counter and sat down at a table.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

18 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby just shrugged, "Maybe, or maybe she just knows something I don't." The Catpony had started throwing a small rock around and jumping after it. Calti had moved away from Ruby's wings and was now sleeping on her head.

"Maybe the catpony wants to eat you."

Fluffball looked at Somnus for a second.

"What do you mean he probably couldn't do that? Never underestimate a cat!"

6 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Then again I could be wrong."

A random guard walked in with a mischievous smile came in.

"I think you're right. Ruby is acting and wants to kill Somnus just like you guessed. I mean do YOU trust Ruby? She did break his leg after all."

That guard was lying, but he was VERY clever when it came to that. Using their mistrust toward the dragon and the training yard incident to his advantage, there was no real way to know he was lying.

Arrow looked at Rose.

"He has a point."

The guard walked out and Arrow looked over at the guy at the counter.

"Oh! I'll have the Smile Meal and a Hay Cola! And I want the boy toy, NOT the girl toy!"

"That'll be 10 bits."

Arrow placed 10 bits on the counter and sat down at a table.

"That's what I thought. I'll just wait for signs revealing she's in kill mode. Somnus won't ever be able to stop me this time."

8 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Maybe the catpony wants to eat you."

Fluffball looked at Somnus for a second.

"What do you mean he probably couldn't do that? Never underestimate a cat!"

"I doubt it, he's clearly not a threat." the catpony rolled on her back, which caused him to roll behind a rock, and he never came back to view. Ruby could tell he was gone as his scent was gone again. "But I do wonder why he keeps bothering me all of the sudden."

3 hours ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

"That's what I thought. I'll just wait for signs revealing she's in kill mode. Somnus won't ever be able to stop me this time."

"Somnus is very experienced. Plus, there is a dragon we could be dealing with. Ruby, I'm sure I can handle, I use to fight dragons all the time. I doubt I could ever be a match for Somnus."

A pony set the food on the table.

"I mean, it's not like this is some misunderstanding and Ruby and Somnus would be acting in self defense, right? That would totally never happen."

Arrow opened the the Smile Meal and started playing with the toy.

----------------------------------------------------------------

1 hour ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I doubt it, he's clearly not a threat." the catpony rolled on her back, which caused him to roll behind a rock, and he never came back to view. Ruby could tell he was gone as his scent was gone again. "But I do wonder why he keeps bothering me all of the sudden."

"He's pretty weird. How does he just disappear like that?"

Fluffball was now asleep in the saddlebag.

"I remember when I was up during this time every night. Ever since the events of Nightmare Moon, I've been guarding during the daytime."

27 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Somnus is very experienced. Plus, there is a dragon we could be dealing with. Ruby, I'm sure I can handle, I use to fight dragons all the time. I doubt I could ever be a match for Somnus."

A pony set the food on the table.

"I mean, it's not like this is some misunderstanding and Ruby and Somnus would be acting in self defense, right? That would totally never happen."

Arrow opened the the Smile Meal and started playing with the toy.

"I know Somnus is experienced. What I mean is as Captain I am responsible of everyone's safety in the Castle. This is what the Royal Guards are for. That means I get to do what is best for everyone's safety, whether Somnus is happy with that or not. And if I'm forced to convince Celestia about Ruby being too dangerous to stay, I'll do it even if Somnus hates me after this. This is just hypothetical though and I'll only do it if Ruby starts attacking."

Edited by Emperor Blu Traincrown
Grammar error correction

17 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

"I know Somnus is experienced. What I mean is as Captain I am responsible of everyone's safety in the Castle. This is what the Royal Guards are for. That means I get to do what is best for everyone's safety, whether Somnus is happy with that or not. And if I'm forced to convince Celestia about Ruby being too dangerous to stay, I'll do it even if Somnus hates me after this. This is just hypothetical though and I'll only do it if Ruby starts attacking."

"We will just have to wait for signs since we aren't exactly allowed to do anything without proof."

A pony in a police uniform walked in.

"Hey, Arrow. Have you seen someone committing vandalism?".

Just a week ago, this guy was a royal guard. He must've went into law enforcement after his contract was over.

"Oh, hey Foedus, did Somnus put soap in another fountain?"

"No, I already gave him a ticket for that last night. I'm looking for some pony who keeps going around breaking windows. He's red and green."

"He's pretty weird. How does he just disappear like that?"

Fluffball was now asleep in the saddlebag.

"I remember when I was up during this time every night. Ever since the events of Nightmare Moon, I've been guarding during the daytime."

Again Ruby just shrugged.
"I usually hunted at night." "Most predators star moving then so there was more creatures to hunt during it." "And at night I didn't need to worry about my shining red appearance making my hunt harder."

3 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Again Ruby just shrugged.
"I usually hunted at night." "Most predators star moving then so there was more creatures to hunt during it." "And at night I didn't need to worry about my shining red appearance making my hunt harder."

"Yeah, that shiny red does make hiding difficult. It's quite a disadvantage."

"Think your cat likes wet or dry food?"

6 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"We will just have to wait for signs since we aren't exactly allowed to do anything without proof."

A pony in a police uniform walked in.

"Hey, Arrow. Have you seen someone committing vandalism?".

Just a week ago, this guy was a royal guard. He must've went into law enforcement after his contract was over.

"Oh, hey Foedus, did Somnus put soap in another fountain?"

"No, I already gave him a ticket for that last night. I'm looking for some pony who keeps going around breaking windows. He's red and green."

Rose nodded at Arrow's reply.

"Exactly."

She looked at the police officer 

"A red and green pony? Is it a stallion or a mare? Please be a little more specific."