Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

@Lucid_Nightlight

"I don't really have anything to say about that." Ruby simply said "I don't know, or really care why your species has made so odd choices considering where and how you live." "I think that without all the powerful magic you have, you wouldn't be able to keep this up, if you would have gotten to this point in the first place."

@Catpone Cerberus

"Yea, magic is pretty useful. This really powerful yellow guy that I know told me about a universe with weird things that stand on two legs. Their technology could probably rival magic from what I hear."

"They got these flying machines, weird shooty things, and these explosives that can destroy cities. Needless to say, I wouldn't wanna fight those things."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"You shouldn't believe everything you hear." Ruby pointed out "And even if it was true, I wouldn't worry about it." she laid down on her back, staring towards the roof "And to be honest, I would want to test myself against someone like that, maybe they would be able to at least tickle me." It was becoming clear that Ruby wasn't the most humble dragon out there. 

@Catpone Cerberus

"If you could destroy an entire city with a single hit, I'll be impressed. Well... actually I wouldn't since my friend could destroy a continen if he wanted to."

Obviously he wouldn't expect his friend to do that, but having the ability is quite impressive.

"All I can really do is use a spear which can't do all the cool stuff. The armor can take some hits by moderate unicorn magic though. Of course due to the armor covering a limited amount, you could probably burn me alive pretty easily."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"I could, I could even if it covered you fully." Ruby said nonchalantly, still laying on her back "After all, it's made of metal, so without some kind of heat resistant spell, you would be roast regardless." she smirked "But it does stop me from eating you with one bite so I guess you have that going for you." she took a coin from the ground and threw it into the air, letting it land on her chest "But then again, you wouldn't be able to do anything to me with a spear because my scales are too hard for it to penetrate them, so what would surviving few seconds longer really do for you."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"Ah, the old good hit them in the eyes." Ruby said as she rolled on her side, pony-body wasn't designed for laying on one's back "All that would do is to make me blind and angry, and trust me, you don't want that, it seems that we are even more dangerous when we don't know what we are doing." she paused for second "And cannons?" "They could do some damage for sure, but small dragons like I would be too fast for you to actually manage to hit us, if you would even manage to load the cannon before we'd be through your defenses." she laughed a bit "But you don't need worry about it, we aren't really known for cooperating"

Edited by Catpone Cerberus

@Catpone Cerberus

"Fair point, but a ballista would do the trick! Ever been hit by a ballista? It really hurts!"

The ballista incident 200 years ago was not fun.

"Arrow is always talking about how he took an arrow to the knee while I took a ballista threw the ribcage and let me tell you that is was not a very pleasent experience."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

@Lucid_Nightlight

"Sure that would hurt, but it still suffers from the same problem as the cannons, or any big weapon you have in that matter, they are too slow against us smaller dragons." Ruby pointed out "Your weapons would be pretty much useless if we somehow came along long enough to attack." she continued without a pause "But!" "Magic in other....hoof?...You have plenty of powerful spells you could easily destroy us with" she looked displeased "In all honestly, that's the only reason why I didn't just attack and take everything I wanted, I may be greedy, but I'm far from an idiot." 

@Lucid_Nightlight @DivineLuna1000
"Getting a lock to the treasury door would be a good start." Ruby said rather coldly "You ponies keep coming in here like there is no door at all." she got back up sitting, she didn't show any more respect to Luna that she did to the guard, she didn't believe in the whole royalty thing, and only respect she gave was in form of doing what princesses told her to do because of the deal, if it didn't require acting like they were her greater than her. 

@Catpone Cerberus Luna looked at Ruby with a dissatisfied look for using these words, but still found it best not to say anything... yet.

"Well, if it's that much of an issue, why was it not brought to my attention?"

"Surely, since you are the proud keeper of this room, Ms. Ruby, it would have been easier than belittling my guard' would it not?"

• Brohoof 1

@DivineLuna1000 @Catpone Cerberus

"Eh, I wouldn't say she was being belittling anyone, she's just a bit more direct than most others."

He looked over to Ruby.

"Although you legally have every right to say what you want, one would think that you'd have a little more respect for the princesses."

He looked back to Luna again.

"Now, some better training for the new guards would be useful. We could also have some guards act as recruiters and help gain more guards. Also, our equipment. We need to advance in military technology. Guards have been using these spears since I was 20, and that was 1,480 years ago."

@DivineLuna1000 @Lucid_Nightlight

"Because I'm technically part of Celestia's guard and not yours." Ruby simply replied to Luna's question, "And respect?" she laughed "Only things I respect here is the treasure and the deal we made." "I don't care if you're a princess or a poor peasant, for me you all are just ponies."  "And that's something that'll never change."

@Lucid_Nightlight @Catpone Cerberus "I'm glad to see where your priorities stand and understand the fact that you wish to guard our treasury, but remember that not only did my sister hire you, I did as well and while I wasn't exactly happy about having a DRAGON in our castle, I assumed you would do your job and you have done that very well, but the job isn't just what was told to you."

"A job of this magnitude requires not only a firm grip on that which you guard, but also a firm and steady heart."

• Brohoof 1

"I would disagree." Ruby said nonchalantly "There is no need for a heart if only creatures I see are those who for some reason want talk to me" "It's not like I'm trying to make friends." she shrugged "Besides, you both were fully aware of my nature when the deal was made, so it shouldn't be a surprise to you that I'm not the friendlies creature around." she then looked at the guard "So don't waste your time trying to change me, I think your guard for example had rather good suggestions, we were just actually talking about how useless your army is equipment wise."

Ruby didn't show reaction to Luna's insult, and waited for the guard's reply before saying anything. "I'm flattered princess, but my wisdom doesn't include building weapons." "But I do have a suggestion." she didn't seem to care if they wanted to hear it or not "Your guard is in right direction, but I would say you have to try to come up with something that doesn't rely in magic." "Because if you were to lose your magic for some reason, I alone would be able to destroy your whole race, because your fast weapons are too weak, and your powerful weapons too slow." she was fully aware that Luna had said it sarcastically, but she simply didn't care.

Edited by Catpone Cerberus

@Lucid_Nightlight @Catpone Cerberus "Something that doesn't rely on magic? Hmm, well this just a rumor, but I have heard of this race of beings quite unlike anypony and their only name given is 'Hu-mans'. They walk on TWO feet if you can believe that, they have these sticks that shoots fire and can create explosions using only their hands."

Luna looked back at Ruby.

"So if you really wish to improve our defenses, perhaps you should look into that."

• Brohoof 1

Ruby laughed again "I don't wish anything, I don't care about your defenses, I just told you what's wrong with them, since once upon a time I actually planned to go against them....like you know." she shrugged "Besides, I'm just a guard, it's not my job to look into anything other than doing my job." she then added without giving anyone time to argue "And before you even bring it up, I only follow your orders if it doesn't go against the deal." she then walked back on top of the treasure pile and changed back to dragon.

@Catpone Cerberus @Lucid_Nightlight Luna laughed as Ruby said this.

"Then perhaps it's best if we find ourselves a new treasury keeper. If you are going to be so ill-mannered and uncooperative, i don't know if we should continue to employ you. Trust that i will be speaking to my sister about this."

Luna walked away and left the other two to themselves.

Edited by DivineLuna1000
  • Brohoof 1