Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

@Lucid_Nightlight

"I'm surprised you'd even consider doing that to me, it's not like I have been any nicer to you than anyone else." Ruby said, sounding genuinely surprised "But I'm not too worried, Luna has made it clear from the start that she doesn't like me, and she has more than once tried to change Celestia's mind." she showed her teeth with omnious smile "But she understands that I'm not going anywhere that easily."

@Catpone Cerberus

"If you are impying what I think you are implying, I wouldn't use violence, you'd probably get somewhere at first and then lose in the end. That's usually what happens."

He added something else.

"Besides, I really don't want to end up having to fight you. It'd bad for everyone involved."

@Lucid_Nightlight

"I know I'd lose eventually, and I wouldn't really want to bother to fight either, but if they try to take what is basically my everything, I won't go quietly." Ruby explained "I have the ability to destroy everything in this room, and I will if it comes to that." she smirked, in dragon form it looked rather threatening "After all, I've promised to protect it like it's mine."

@Catpone Cerberus

Somnus wasn't too worried, but since it was his job, he wrote something down on what one could assume to be a watch list.

"Noted."

"Anyway, why do dragons like gems? I know some eat them, but you don't seem to do that. If you don't use them, isn't it no different than going into a forest and claiming all the trees as your own?"

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

@Lucid_Nightlight
Ruby exhaled amused, did this guard really think he could do something about it.

"First thing first, we don't eat gems, we're proud carnivores and the Equestrian freaks are disgrace of our kind." she looked almost disgusted about the thought "And secondly, it's not just gems, where I come from, dragons, including me, like everything that shines." "And why? I don't know, it's part of us, we want them from our first breath until our last breath, there is no choice included" she dug her claws into the treasure pile "And what we do with them?" "What you think, we enjoy their beauty, why do you ponies collect art? I don't see you eating paintings and statues." 

@Lucid_Nightlight
"Not only unsure, I have no idea where it comes from, but don't worry, it's not pony, I can tell from experience." Ruby smirked, "And Fire extinguishers aren't that useful against my flames as you think, but I guess you could try to suffocate me with it."

Ruby looked confused after the guards box comment "Complaint boxes? what?" "I have no Idea what you're talking about."

@Catpone Cerberus

"Well, they are more like suggestion boxes. They are added a couple years ago for some reason. Someone has been filling the boxes and I'm pretty sure it's one pony who was putting so many complaints."

He held one he grabbed from one of the boxes the other day.

Why do so many guard look all serious?

"He hasn't caught on to one thing. The serious face is just an inside joke where we do it to annoy any non-guards. We're actually allowed to speak."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"Well, I haven't been filling them, I didn't even know they existed." Ruby said matter-of-factly "If I have something to complain, I go straight to Celestia about it"

"I know we are allowed to, don't forget that I'm considered a guard regardless of me being a dragon." "But I had figured that your constant seriousness was because of Luna's orders, after all, she seems to be bit too serious to my taste." she continued with a smirk "In every meaning of the word."

@Catpone Cerberus

"Back in the day, things were pretty serious. After coming back from the moon, she came back to something completely different. It could take many years to fully adjust. Celestia basically gives advice to Luna on ways to manage her guards, which explains why we the rules aren't too strict."

Her being considered a guard did a raise a few questions.

"How come I haven't seen you during the weekly movie nights and Ice Cream Sundays?"

@Lucid_Nightlight
"I just enjoy the treasure and sleep, it would be nice to battle or hunt now and then too, but apparently it's not allowed here." Ruby explained.

She didn't show any reaction to the guards question, she just replied with nonchalant tone "Isn't asking weight as rude as asking age for you ponies?" "You really don't seem to know your own manners." she looked curious for a moment, but returned to her emotionless state as she continued "But to answer your question, I have no idea how much I weigh, it's not something I'm concerned about, but I'm lot lighter in the pony form, after all, its point is to make me indistinguishable from ponies."

Edited by Catpone Cerberus

@Catpone Cerberus

"Hey, maybe if the castle is invaded, maybe you can have all the fun you want. You should at least look for something fun to do. Are you not to allowed to leave when you are not on duty? I'm pretty sure guards are supposed to have at least one day off per week."

He didn't know if it applied to Ruby or not, but given that she's a guard, he assumed that it would.

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

@Lucid_Nightlight
"Maybe, but it's very unlikely to happen." Ruby shrugged "And look for what exactly? Everything I find fun is either illegal or otherwise looked down upon by you ponies." "I was offered the free day but I declined, sure I'm still allowed to leave since Celestia insisted I'd take it anyway, but besides getting my food and possible new treasure here, I never really leave."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"I tried several types of pony entertainment back when I lived among you before I was found by Princesses." Ruby explained nonchalantly "None of them were that entertaining."

"No, and I won't." "Sure it would give reactions, but my pony form is called disguise for a reason, if common ponies knew that there was dragon hiding among them....well, nobody would be happy with the possible results."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"Of course they do, Equestrian kind is lot nicer than us." Ruby pointed out "But have you tried to ask them what they would think about meat eating dragon?" "I don't see any timberwolfs being accepted by ponies."

"Eat what exactly?" it sounded like it was a legitimate question "I rather don't eat any of your garbage if I don't have to, which I don't if I stay here, and I can't exactly eat meat  in public, hay, you probably couldn't handle seeing it if I did it here." 

Edited by Catpone Cerberus

@Catpone Cerberus

"Eh, some ponies just need to have less standards is all. Besides, you eating meat is no different than a lion eating meat, it's just the food chain... or food web if you are overly complicated."

Somnus thought he'd point something out.

"Really, the reason ponies don't eat meat isn't because it's wrong, it's more because we're not built for that sort of food. If anyone says something, just tell them to stop being a baby."

@Lucid_Nightlight

"Lions don't talk nor do they live among you." Ruby pointed out "It really isn't the same thing."

"And I never said ponies think it's wrong per say, but you can't deny that most of your kind get sick watching it." she transformed to her pony form "But I have a feeling you won't leave me alone, so wait a moment." she walked deeper into the treasury, and soon came back carrying pair of saddlebags "I need to seal the treasury before I can leave, so get out."