Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

7 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Prey never wants to be prey." Ruby pointed out "Why would you want to be weak after all." she had a feeling she knew where this whole thing was going, it would explain why Somnus felt so different to the other ponies regardless of not really being any better, but she dismissed it for now.

Somnus had no idea why. Unlike Ruby, he had no idea why he felt the way he did.

"The faster we get to the Wyverns, the faster we find out everything I need to know. I still don't get it though, why would my parents live with the wyverns?"

Somnus' thoughts went to that weird note.

"Wyvern, changeling, bat. I think that guy has a few screws loose."

2 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus had no idea why. Unlike Ruby, he had no idea why he felt the way he did.

"The faster we get to the Wyverns, the faster we find out everything I need to know. I still don't get it though, why would my parents live with the wyverns?"

Somnus' thoughts went to that weird note.

"Wyvern, changeling, bat. I think that guy has a few screws loose."

"Took you long enough to use your brain." Ruby stated "At this point it's too late to turn back, but I'm glad you finally realized the situation." regardless of the fact that she had a feeling about what was happening, she still didn't trust wyvers, like she didn't trust anything with more brains than mere instincts, since those that can think can lie and scheme.

30 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Took you long enough to use your brain." Ruby stated "At this point it's too late to turn back, but I'm glad you finally realized the situation." regardless of the fact that she had a feeling about what was happening, she still didn't trust wyvers, like she didn't trust anything with more brains than mere instincts, since those that can think can lie and scheme.

"Hey, I may lack in book smarts, but I'm smart in other ways. And yes, we've already made it this far, we should keep going."

"I'm smart in terms of tactics. Well, then again trying to fight Nightmare Moon was a stupid idea. No way I was ever going to win that fight."

6 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Hey, I may lack in book smarts, but I'm smart in other ways. And yes, we've already made it this far, we should keep going."

"I'm smart in terms of tactics. Well, then again trying to fight Nightmare Moon was a stupid idea. No way I was ever going to win that fight."

"You can say you are, but actions are more important than words." Ruby stated "So don't waste your breath and instead focus on seeming  intelligent too." "And no fight is unwinnable, Nightmare is a good example of an enemy who you need to outsmart instead of overpowering." 

On 4/10/2019 at 1:06 PM, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Well, I guess that means they can handle him."

"Yeah, let's go."

With that, Rose made her way out of the police station and waited for Arrow to follow suit. She then made her way to the Airship port

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"You can say you are, but actions are more important than words." Ruby stated "So don't waste your breath and instead focus on seeming  intelligent too." "And no fight is unwinnable, Nightmare is a good example of an enemy who you need to outsmart instead of overpowering." 

"I know that now, but even then, she's more experienced than I am. Also, you say no fight is unwinnable, but at the same time you say ponies stand no chance against dragons. Unless of course you mean it would be a difficult fight."

Just now, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

With that, Rose made her way out of the police station and waited for Arrow to follow suit. She then made her way to the Airship port

Arrow followed Rose. As he was following her.

"Remember when Yakyakistan tried to declare war on us because they didn't thing everything was yak enough and Pinkie through them a party? If it were up to you, what would you have done if they declared war?"

Just now, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Arrow followed Rose. As he was following her.

"Remember when Yakyakistan tried to declare war on us because they didn't thing everything was yak enough and Pinkie through them a party? If it were up to you, what would you have done if they declared war?"

"This is not a decision I can make on my own. I have to talk about this with Royalty in the first place."

Just now, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

"This is not a decision I can make on my own. I have to talk about this with Royalty in the first place."

"Fair enough. I just wanna say one thing though, we could've won pretty easily if they didn't back down. Magic creatures against non-magical creatures with a lack of tactics? That's a no contest."

3 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Fair enough. I just wanna say one thing though, we could've won pretty easily if they didn't back down. Magic creatures against non-magical creatures with a lack of tactics? That's a no contest."

"Definitely."

"By the way, you don't know where I come from, do you?"

5 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

"Definitely."

"By the way, you don't know where I come from, do you?"

"Something about a train or something?"

"I think it was mentioned once."

37 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I know that now, but even then, she's more experienced than I am. Also, you say no fight is unwinnable, but at the same time you say ponies stand no chance against dragons. Unless of course you mean it would be a difficult fight."

"No fight is unwinnable, but some wars have so small chance of victory that it can't be won." Ruby said "Eventually the side that can sacrifice more will win." "Ponies aren't ready to sacrifice most of their population to win a war, that would cause the system to collapse, but my kind for example, we would be ready to sacrifice everyone." 

2 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Something about a train or something?"

"I think it was mentioned once."

"I come from the Trains Empire. I was the highest ranking official back there. Have you seen a blue Alicorn stallion recently?"

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"No fight is unwinnable, but some wars have so small chance of victory that it can't be won." Ruby said "Eventually the side that can sacrifice more will win." "Ponies aren't ready to sacrifice most of their population to win a war, that would cause the system to collapse, but my kind for example, we would be ready to sacrifice everyone." 

"We could win by doing a war of attrition. If we make the war really long and painful, they will eventually decide it isn't worth it. It is very effective."

"If I was out in charge of fighting such a war, I'd use hit and run tactics. It's how a weaker army win wars against stronger armies."

------------------------------------------------------------

1 hour ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

"I come from the Trains Empire. I was the highest ranking official back there. Have you seen a blue Alicorn stallion recently?"

"Not that I can recall. I'm not too good at remembering faces. I sure hope that aiprship has a giftshop. I promised someone that I will buy them a cactus."

11 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"We could win by doing a war of attrition. If we make the war really long and painful, they will eventually decide it isn't worth it. It is very effective."

"If I was out in charge of fighting such a war, I'd use hit and run tactics. It's how a weaker army win wars against stronger armies."

"Depends on enemy." Ruby pointed out "Again using my own kind as example, we have no systems that could collapse, nor do we use weapons, so the only thing we need is food, and we eat meat, and you know what there is plenty on a battlefield? meat, we can eat our enemies and our own fallen troops." "So in that hypothetical situation, you would only harm yourself by making the war last longer."

"And again, the right tactic depends on the enemy, you can't outsmart something smarter than you, and you can't outrun something faster than you, instead you need to outsmart the faster one and outrun the smarter one."

3 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Depends on enemy." Ruby pointed out "Again using my own kind as example, we have no systems that could collapse, nor do we use weapons, so the only thing we need is food, and we eat meat, and you know what there is plenty on a battlefield? meat, we can eat our enemies and our own fallen troops." "So in that hypothetical situation, you would only harm yourself by making the war last longer."

"And again, the right tactic depends on the enemy, you can't outsmart something smarter than you, and you can't outrun something faster than you, instead you need to outsmart the faster one and outrun the smarter one."

"You can't kill what you can't see. Sure your sense of smell might be amazing along with your hearing and other senses, but what about when we make ourselves undetectable with magic? Can't hear us, smell us, see us, or feel our presence. This makes hit and run tactics very useful. With the right leadership and strategy, we could win. Besides, Arrow use to fight dragons all the time, so we know that there are ways to defeat a dragon."

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"You can't kill what you can't see. Sure your sense of smell might be amazing along with your hearing and other senses, but what about when we make ourselves undetectable with magic? Can't hear us, smell us, see us, or feel our presence. This makes hit and run tactics very useful. With the right leadership and strategy, we could win. Besides, Arrow use to fight dragons all the time, so we know that there are ways to defeat a dragon."

"We can always study the spells needed to sense magic."  Ruby stated "And even without that, if we are in lets say a forest, you may hide yourself with magic, but you walking causes noise, flying causes noticeable air movement, and if you make one of us frustrated, they may just lit everything around on fire, and even if you have armor that can stand that, you can't get past it unnoticed." "And when it comes to Arrow, that experience will be his downfall, because if one of us does something he doesn't expect, he's done."

42 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"We can always study the spells needed to sense magic."  Ruby stated "And even without that, if we are in lets say a forest, you may hide yourself with magic, but you walking causes noise, flying causes noticeable air movement, and if you make one of us frustrated, they may just lit everything around on fire, and even if you have armor that can stand that, you can't get past it unnoticed." "And when it comes to Arrow, that experience will be his downfall, because if one of us does something he doesn't expect, he's done."

"I'm not saying Arrow could win the war by himself. We're talking about what? Thousands? No way he could do such a fight on his own, he would eventually either get overwhelmed or grow tired to the point where he can no longer fight to the best of his ability. What he COULD do though is train everyone to fight dragons the way he does. And looking at it from a strategic standpoint, having him teach everyone to fight dragons would be a good move. Or he could teach a certain group of ponies to fight dragons so THEY can teach more soldiers to fight them."

"Besides, what are they gonna do when our allies come to our aid? The Changeling Hive and the Dragon Lands are no joke. Equestrian dragons are more organized and could actually put up a fight with tactics other than hit and run. Changelings in their base forms might be weak, but they can turn into things that are extremely deadly. If there is ANY advantage we have, it's allies. More allies, more power."

15 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"I'm not saying Arrow could win the war by himself. We're talking about what? Thousands? No way he could do such a fight on his own, he would eventually either get overwhelmed or grow tired to the point where he can no longer fight to the best of his ability. What he COULD do though is train everyone to fight dragons the way he does. And looking at it from a strategic standpoint, having him teach everyone to fight dragons would be a good move. Or he could teach a certain group of ponies to fight dragons so THEY can teach more soldiers to fight them."

"Besides, what are they gonna do when our allies come to our aid? The Changeling Hive and the Dragon Lands are no joke. Equestrian dragons are more organized and could actually put up a fight with tactics other than hit and run. Changelings in their base forms might be weak, but they can turn into things that are extremely deadly. If there is ANY advantage we have, it's allies. More allies, more power."

"Actually I'd disagree on the Dragon Lands part, the local dragons are a joke." Ruby stated "And I haven't studied the abilities of the changelings enough to comment on that." "But ultimately it is foolish to not make sure you will survive alone because you currently have allies, they can, and eventually will betray you." "Think about the local dragons for example, they are greedy like my kind, so what if the attacker makes a deal with them that they can't refuse? Even if that tiny leader would refuse it, it's foolish to think that others will blindly follow her."

6 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Actually I'd disagree on the Dragon Lands part, the local dragons are a joke." Ruby stated "And I haven't studied the abilities of the changelings enough to comment on that." "But ultimately it is foolish to not make sure you will survive alone because you currently have allies, they can, and eventually will betray you." "Think about the local dragons for example, they are greedy like my kind, so what if the attacker makes a deal with them that they can't refuse? Even if that tiny leader would refuse it, it's foolish to think that others will blindly follow her."

"And what if they have more? Even if they didn't, why would they trust the attackers? Couldn't they just take over their land and get even more? And what if we offer something better?"

"Also, Thorax is too nice to betray us."

"And what if they have more? Even if they didn't, why would they trust the attackers? Couldn't they just take over their land and get even more? And what if we offer something better?"

"Also, Thorax is too nice to betray us."

"You naive little creature." "It's foolish to think that having a nice leader means that that species will never betray you." Ruby said calmly "I again don't know about changelings, but dragons won't stay nice forever, there is certain natural needs rooted in every kind of intelligent lizards, and it will take over eventually."  

22 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"You naive little creature." "It's foolish to think that having a nice leader means that that species will never betray you." Ruby said calmly "I again don't know about changelings, but dragons won't stay nice forever, there is certain natural needs rooted in every kind of intelligent lizards, and it will take over eventually."  

"Yes, I heard about dragons amd how they are the same. Well, except wyverns, their level of greed is similar to ponies. Depends on the individual. Other than that, they have instincts that other dragons have."

"Also, do you know that thing where Equestrian dragons get all shiny and itchy? I think whoever leads them has the ability to do that, which I think is probably a way to keep them in line or something. As long as Ember is in power, we won't be betrayed."

He decided to add one more thing.

"I wasn't going to add this point since I wanted to allow you to be able to make some good points, but we could always ask Discord to do something. He would probably turn all of the dragons into geckos."

"Yes, I heard about dragons amd how they are the same. Well, except wyverns, their level of greed is similar to ponies. Depends on the individual. Other than that, they have instincts that other dragons have."

"Also, do you know that thing where Equestrian dragons get all shiny and itchy? I think whoever leads them as the ability to do that, which I think is probably a way to keep them in line or something. As long as Ember is in power, we won't be betrayed."

He decided to add one more thing.

"I wasn't going to add this point since I wanted to allow you to be able to make some good points, but we could always ask Discord to do something. He would probably turn all of the dragons into geckos."

"Ah, Discord, the unpredictable wildcard." Ruby said "He's very confusing one, since he hasn't really done anything to help your kind, but still is your ally." "He could have ended so many problems for you but he was nowhere to be seen." "Then there was the whole Tirek thing."

20 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Ah, Discord, the unpredictable wildcard." Ruby said "He's very confusing one, since he hasn't really done anything to help your kind, but still is your ally." "He could have ended so many problems for you but he was nowhere to be seen." "Then there was the whole Tirek thing."

"Well, he can help, but only when he actually needs to step in. The only reason he hasn't yet is because he never needed to. Once he does need to though, he can handle the situation pretty quickly."

And the thing about Tirek?

"Discord was fooled by Tirek once. He isn't going to fall for the same trick twice. That, and I doubt they would be able to pull off such a trick. Even if they could, they'd be defeated before having the chance."

11 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"Well, he can help, but only when he actually needs to step in. The only reason he hasn't yet is because he never needed to. Once he does need to though, he can handle the situation pretty quickly."

And the thing about Tirek?

"Discord was fooled by Tirek once. He isn't going to fall for the same trick twice. That, and I doubt they would be able to pull off such a trick. Even if they could, they'd be defeated before having the chance."

Ruby just shrugged "He's spirit of chaos, I wouldn't say anything is impossible with him." this was conversation after all, and in the end Ruby couldn't care less what the end result would be, since she only cared about herself.