Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[CLOSED FOR NOW] Seeking Voice Actors for Doctor Whooves: Living Legacy Audio Drama

Tone Shift

Dr_Whooves_Living_Legacy_Title.png

ALL ROLES FOR EPISODE 1 HAVE BEEN FILLED. THIS CASTING CALL IS NOW CLOSED.

What This Project Is.

Doctor Whooves: Living Legacy is a planned 12-episode crossover radio drama / audio play between Doctor Who and My Little Pony: Friendship is magic. What sets this version of Doctor Whooves apart from others is the fact that the Doctor in this story is not, in fact, the same doctor as from Doctor Who. He is instead someone who met The Doctor as a foal, and through an unfortunate string of events, winds up absorbing several of the Doctor's traits and memories. These include a longer life span and regeneration. He then becomes the Doctor's living legacy in this other universe.

The story will follow the second incarnation of The Legacy Doctor, as he is called, as he works to figure out who he is, and whether or not he truly wants to be the Doctor of the MLP universe. Alongside him are, of course, his companions. In this case, they are Lyra Heartstrings, Bon Bon, and on occasion, Derpy Hooves.

As of the writing of this casting call, the scripts for Episodes 1, 2, and 3 are all written, and an outline for the whole series has already been written up.

What I Am Needing.

As things are, I am capable of handling the assembly of the episodes, the writing of the scripts, and maybe even to a lesser extent episode artwork (Although I would rather someone more skilled than I take on that job.) I also have the capacity to voice several of the characters in the series, including the main villain and some of the side characters in individual episodes. However, I cannot do every conceivable voice under the sun. As such, this post is written so I can see about getting voice actors on board for this project.

There are three documents I will link to, and each one contains a list of characters, their personalities, voice types, and audition lines. The first document contains a list of the main cast members, the second document the supporting and secondary cast members, and document three has a list of voices for episode 1 only.

MAIN CAST ROLES

SUPPORTING AND SECONDARY CAST ROLES

EPISODE 1 ROLES

Audition Guidelines.

1. Feel free to audition for as many characters as you want.
  2. Please supply each character audition in a separate .wav file containing however many takes of each of the audition lines as you feel is appropriate.
  3. Supply a different file for each character you are auditioning for. This will make it easier on my end for organizing the auditions.
  4. Send your Auditions to Skijaramaz@gmail.com.
  5. Alternatively, you can submit your auditions at the Casting Call Club website here: Link to CCC Audition Page.

Additionally...

Here is a link to the Public Discord Server for discussing this project and keeping up-to-date with announcements and other specific progress.

If you are chosen for a part, then you Must be willing and able to use the Discord messaging app, as that is how I am keeping in communication with all members of the team.

THE CURRENT DEADLINE IS THE 9TH OF SEPTEMBER!

Edited by Tone Shift
Marking the casting call as closed.
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, ChangelingProduction said:

Hey, where do you want us to send the audio? (Made an account to try and join)

As attachments to a post on this thread. I mentioned that in the Audition Guidelines. Point 4.

Just now, ChangelingProduction said:

How do I attach files through the chat?

When you are writing a reply to the thread there should be a section near the bottom o the reply window with a paper clip image and some text saying 'Drag filed here to attach or choose files...' You would then click on 'choose files' and find your audition file.

7 minutes ago, ChangelingProduction said:

There is no paper clip. Is it because the account is new? (Also sorry for being so difficult, I have no idea what I'm doing.)

@ChangelingProduction I dunno. Are you on a Mobile device? That might have something to do with it, if so. Also, here is an image of what the attach thing should look like.

the_ting.png

There's a couple of posting limitations for Blank Flank users if I recall correctly. If so, I'd suggest to employ external sources to upload the audio. Just in case I'll ping @PathfinderCS and @Jeric to make sure that this is a limitations matter and not a bug.

(edited)

@Shadow Beam Alright, thanks. Out of curiosity, do you know if it's against forum rules to post my email address in the forums? I ask mainly because that could be another way for people to send in their auditions on this, but I don't wanna accidentally break some security rule or something.

Edited by Tone Shift

5 hours ago, Tone Shift said:

@Shadow Beam Alright, thanks. Out of curiosity, do you know if it's against forum rules to post my email address in the forums? I ask mainly because that could be another way for people to send in their auditions on this, but I don't wanna accidentally break some security rule or something.

Posting your email is not against the rules at all. And yeah we had some recent trolls so I had to temporarily limit Blank Flanks for a bit. 

8 hours ago, Jeric said:

Posting your email is not against the rules at all. And yeah we had some recent trolls so I had to temporarily limit Blank Flanks for a bit. 

Alright, thanks for the heads up! Editing the first post.

Also since you are specifically asking for voice actors I'll move this topic into Trixie's Tricks, as that is the section where they mostly dwell.

Have a lovely day now, and good luck!

7 minutes ago, Shadow Beam said:

Also since you are specifically asking for voice actors I'll move this topic into Trixie's Tricks, as that is the section where they mostly dwell.

Have a lovely day now, and good luck!

Thank you for that.

• Brohoof 1