Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Who's looking forward to Streets of Rage 4?

KillerKingBakudan

Of all the things I saw online after coming home from a grueling day at work, I did NOT expect this.

I can't believe Sega's finally pulled their heads out of their asses and acknowledged people want a new Streets of Rage. Ask any old-schooler, and they'll tell you this is one of the best beat-em-up series ever. It's literally been 24 years, and since then, we've had nothing but ports for the old Genesis trilogy, mostly SoR2.

I'm beyond stoked to see this, of course. And not just because the combat is looking to be just as good as it always was, or the Western comic-style art; the market needs more 2D beat-em-ups. This is a genre that has been almost totally forgotten, and for reasons that were completely unjustified. Beat-em-ups are quick and addictive, simple to play, yet highly strategic and challenging to master. And they get even better with co-op. It's the perfect arcade experience that always keeps you coming back for more. Because GAMEPLAY is what matters most, not hours of pointless cinematic bullshit.

If this is getting a Steam release, this will be a day one pre-order for me.

What say you all?

• Brohoof 2

I'm not even a fan of Streets of Rage and I'm looking forward to this. :P It's great to see classic fighting game franchises like this finally getting a revival, just like with Double Dragon, something I am a fan of. And of course, who could forget Shaq Fu? :love:

• 4 years later...

I'm embarrassed to say that I still haven't played Streets of Rage 4, despite being a huge fan of the first two games. I've heard only good things about it, but I just haven't had a chance to play it yet.

• Brohoof 1

Street of Rage is one om my favorite game series, both game design and music design. I might have been looking forward to the 4th game, but that was a long time ago. I think some fan created stuff had done right, and some had missed the point.

• 1 year later...
On 2023-03-25 at 10:08 PM, Cash In said:

I'm embarrassed to say that I still haven't played Streets of Rage 4, despite being a huge fan of the first two games. I've heard only good things about it, but I just haven't had a chance to play it yet.

Guess who played it finally! :P

But yeah, Streets of Rage 4 is really good and I honestly think it's the best in the series. I played through the story via co-op mode with a friend. We used to play SoR2 together years ago, so it was a really cool experience.

Cherry has to be my favourite character. Her speed makes her a blast to play.

This is how I'd rank the series:

SoR4 > SoR2 > SoR1 > SoR3

• Brohoof 1