Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is there a domestic horse breed in Equestria?

Unity

Not sure if i am using the term "Domestic" correct or not, but anyways.

Monkeys are pretty much the closest thing that humans have to a "Domestic" breed.

But is this the case in Equestria? could you go to a zoo in Equestria and see a domestic horse? (if they even have zoos)

We see granny smith wear a mask that very very very closely resembles what i am talking about 

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

Do you think that they do actually have a less intelligent race of Equine?

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, Totally An Admirer said:

You mean like 'regular animal' horses. I guess there is a possibility, but we may never see them in the show. 

It would instantly ruin the plot and the show itself, so you won't have any "regular" horses shown to the serial.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Iam said:

It would instantly ruin the plot and the show itself, so you won't have any "regular" horses shown to the serial.

That my friend a hundred percent fact. That would ruin everything including the main focus of the show. 

• Brohoof 1

Unity with the bizarre topics again.

Honestly, no. For Equestria, most bigger animals seem to be sentient. I REALLY don't think there is a non-sentient horse breed out there in the world of Equestria.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
16 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

Unity with the bizarre topics again.

Honestly, no. For Equestria, most bigger animals seem to be sentient. I REALLY don't think there is a non-sentient horse breed out there in the world of Equestria.

I may poop out a hundred topics a minute, but at least they leave things to be discussed and debated about. It doesn't hurt anyone, and they are genuine questions, is there a problem?

And also, that mask really really does look like a mom sentient horse, so I thought I may have it open to being discussed.

Edited by Unity

Just now, Unity said:

I may poop out a hundred topics a minute, but at least they leave things to be discussed and debated about. It doesn't hurt anyone, and they are genuine questions, is there a problem?

And also, that mask really really does look like a mom sentient horse, so I thought I may have it open to being discussed.

It's not that, I didn't mean to offend you. I'm just saying your basing your argument off a joke that the creators of the show did. I said what I wanted to say and that is that though.

3 minutes ago, Unity said:

Easy my friend, I don't think they wanted to offend you. It's just a little odd topic to bring up, and no one usually ask such questions as you. Hope you understand.

1 hour ago, Unity said:

We see granny smith wear a mask that very very very closely resembles what i am talking about 

I think, from Equestrian ponies' perspective, it's just a very distorted, grotesque and probably creepy image of a pony head. I don't think they have "animal equines" in Equestria.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
28 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

It's not that, I didn't mean to offend you. I'm just saying your basing your argument off a joke that the creators of the show did. I said what I wanted to say and that is that though.

I look at Equestria different than others, this has gotten me in trouble here. This is also why I hate those "ask the Mane 6" kinds of topics.

Whenever I see something I try to find out how it could be integrated into Equestria, to me it is a world, not a place in a show.

Edited by Unity

15 minutes ago, Unity said:

I look at Equestria different than others, this has gotten me in trouble here. This is also why I hate those "ask the Mane 6" kinds of topics.

Whenever I see something I try to find out how it could be integrated into Equestria, to me it is a world, not a place in a show.

Then you're pretty much in a same boat as I am (or rather was). But trust me, mixing this world with known reality will make things a little confusing for you as you may understand how. 

So, you like to ask, you should ask, but answer might not be always the one you'd expect. Try to enjoy the beautiful world if Euestria while you can, rather than thinking on how it works. 

Edited by Totally An Admirer

Twi mentions that the horse-turned mice where supposed to pull the carriage the Mane6 at Grand Galloping Galla in S1 finale, and the cuties sing a song of being strong as horses (despite ponies being proportionately stronger :dash:); so we at least know horses are around. There’s no evidence if they are intelligent animals or not tho :huh:. Maybe not, as Sunny had no issue in riding a horse in a music video :darling:

2 minutes ago, A.V. said:

Reminds me of a certain clip from EQG:

full.png

That’s the one. A human-turned pony has no problem in treating a horse like..... a horse :catface:

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Totally An Admirer said:

Then you're pretty much in a same boat as I am (or rather was). But trust me, mixing this world with known reality will make things a little confusing for you as you may understand how. 

So, you like to ask, you should ask, but answer might not be always the one you'd expect. Try to enjoy the beautiful world if Euestria while you can, rather than thinking on how it works. 

I come here to ask opinions but I believe what I do.

This path is one I suggest but i cannot explain here, I will go to the place i want.

My status update on September 19 will explain everything in a very common cipher, you must put in the effort to understand it though, if you want more information, look for that.

1 hour ago, SharpWit said:

The delegates from Saddle Arabia were horses which makes me wonder if Granny Smith's horse mask is unintentionally a ponified version of blackface.

Spoiler

I swear they refer themselves as ponies too :huh:. It’s not really detached from reality, the biggest ponies are almost as big as your average horse breed