Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Things in games you're sure only you did.

CastletonSnob

What were some things that you did in a game that you're pretty sure you're the only one who did it?

In Turtles in Time for the SNES, after I beat the first boss, I would try to move my turtle to the middle of the level, as close to where he is when it tallies your score and health as possible.

• Brohoof 1

In the original Legend of Zelda, I would collect the Triforce shards when I had really low health so as to allow my health to get fully restored before the screen would go black and eventually take me back outside of a labyrinth. Sure, it would waste time, and the health restoring sound effect can get annoying, but I thought it was something unique.

I once eliminated all 42 other cars in a race in NASCAR Thunder 2004. Caused a massive pileup that blocked the track and caused AI cars to automatically drop out of the race. I completed the race as the only car on the track, a couple hundred laps ahead of the car that was scored as the second place finisher.

• Brohoof 1

In Sonic 3 there are level transition cutscenes. There's one in particular that I always manage to jump out of. You can't actually progress until you jump into the hole that activates the transition, but it's still fun to do.

• Brohoof 1

In the Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask Remake for 3DS, I managed to gain all 7 bottles, bottled up all 7 Zora eggs within the Pirate's Fortress and Pinnacle Rock and deliver them to the lab to be hatched properly to teach me their song with only minutes of real-world time to spare before the Moon would crash all within a single 3 day cycle. Well, technically Bottle #1 was obtained during a earlier cycle when I was focused in the swamp (red potion to help the Witch sisters in the nearby forest). But all the other bottles, I got them all within the same cycle.

#2 from playing the Witches' target shooting game,
#3 from helping the ranch girl protect the cows from the aliens,
#4 from winning the Goron Race in the Mountains
#5 from beating the Beaver Bros. in a race at the top of the Waterfall near the Western Coast,
#6 from letting the Mayor's Wife know her son's safe by personally delivering a High-priority letter, and
#7 (exclusive to the 3DS remake) for helping the Troupe Leader after getting sick from his regrets of this troupe not being able to perform at the carnival.
All the while I got the eggs. It felt so satisfying to do so much in just 3 in game days that made so many people happy even with the Moon on a collision course with Termina.

And that's also including me updating my sword at the Smithy over the 3 days and using the gold dust prize from the Goron Race nor reuniting two seahorses together leading to a piece of heart.

I wouldn't be surprised if anyone else did the same thing that I just did. If they have, I just haven't met them yet.

Edited by Will Guide

never saw anything in there times when I did this

MGS2

What happens if you disarm the bomb on the H on the Heliport and then use the short time before the cutcene by jumping of the heliport and die?

I got curious and tried it out:

Result: The game over screen appears as normal...just that your screen is black trough the normally starting cutcene. You still can press the button to continue and it works fine after.

Uncharted Golden Abyss

By thinking a place above me has a collectable hidden, I tried over and over getting up there, until I somehow did done that...but that part is actually not part of the official map and keep running leaded to not textured areas and if too far falling to death XD

Uncharted 4

With rainbow graphics and no gravity in-game mod, in one scene i suddenly flew out of the map and had to dive up over and over again to not drown, when I "swam" to far away I fell and died XD

Maybe more stuff, dunno

I 1v3ed a Scout, a Pyro, and a Spy in TF2 as a sniper with just a Shahanshah. Seriously, pro TF2 players say that knife is worthless, but it's f***ing amazing in situations like those because most of the time you'll end up being in the bonus damage threshold, and you can literally one shot a freaking medic with it (I've done that before too).

Edited by Dusk Noire

Repeatedly throwing people from their cars in GTA (III-V) -- not to actually steal the cars, but just for the sake of throwing the people around (and, in particular, seeing CJ smack the passengers' heads on the dashboards -- best carjack animation).

Edited by A.V.

5 hours ago, Nanotek said:

I stop my car in Grand Theft Auto, whenever a Lamp goes red and try to drive according to the rules. Except if im playing a Mission of course.

I would do the same thing. It was hard. I liked project Gotham racing on the first Xbox or San Francisco rush on n64 I'd have my Ferrari and I'd try to stay in my lane and drive 45 mph. It was ridiculously hard. 

• 2 months later...

In Spyro the Dragon, I would find the minimum charge needed from a speed ramp to take out the fat wizards in Wizard Peak. You would know it after hitting the wizard. Spyro would recoil backwards as if hitting a wall but the wizard was taken out. :laugh:

On 8/31/2018 at 6:44 PM, VG_Addict said:

What were some things that you did in a game that you're pretty sure you're the only one who did it?

In Turtles in Time for the SNES, after I beat the first boss, I would try to move my turtle to the middle of the level, as close to where he is when it tallies your score and health as possible.

I almost always did a flip when I was hit by an explosion. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

Globally? I doubt theres very much if anything. But in the early 90's pre-internet days, your school was essentially your "world"

First person to fly under the oil rig and also to successfully land the aircraft in the Mig29 flight sim game.

Spoiler

First person to complete Pacmania in a lunchtime including bonus levels

Spoiler

First person to complete Twin World

Spoiler

In GTA: San Andreas

Spoiler
  • Input the "Never Wanted," "Chaos Mode," and "Invincibility" cheats and start a free-for-all between the NPCs.
  • Get a motorbike, find K-Rock, and loop the highway, destroying cars with my submachine guns.
  • Destroy cars with a bat/chainsaw
  • Make NPCs cough with the spray can
  • Repeatedly run over everyone on the boardwalk.
  • Use the "Circus" cheat, turn CJ fat, and recruit a bunch of chickens and clowns
  • Start fights with and between the hotdog venders, AKA Jim

In GTA 4

Spoiler
  • Harass or get the hamburger vendor arrested
  • Get people arrested

In Bully (PS2)

Spoiler
  • Start fights with the prefects
  • Start fights between the students
  • Sit and watch as the prefects chase after other students
  • Take down all the prefects with the slingshot
  • Give a swirly to every prefect
  • Pull the fire alarm repeatedly and spray people with the fire extinguisher as they come out.

Edited by Slasher Panzy

Me and some guys on a forum somehow managed to all join the same team in TF2 (before they made that a feature), play as pure Combat Medics and somehow kick the enemy teams ass, with me being the most dominant force (I main Medic)

Also beat Pokemon Fire Red with just a Farfetch'd. It might sound kinda cool, but it was actually stupidly easy after awhile since my level got high level to one-shot and out-speed virtually everything...