Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Ok, so where exactly does technology stand in Equestria?

Unity

I know that it is usually just "they have mixed technology" and all, but i found something that changes that, sort of.

So, we know that phones are not very common at all, we know that they have knowledge of tanks, bullets, and they also  hazmat suits (of sorts).

But i have never even heard someone say that computer may be a thing in Equestria.

But maybe they are alot more advanced than we thought, they have knowledge of computer grids, or at least screen like grids.

But i was re-watching Magic duel, and i noticed something.

At about 5 minutes in, Trixie does a magic spell that makes a mouse cursor appear, it then drags pinkies mouth off and puts it in a trashcan, she made both the cursor, and the trashcan appear, both very heavily resembling what we have no in terms of icons.

here is a clip

Spoiler

I have never seen this mentioned before.

We have seen that they even have old school(to us) arcade machines.

I have never seen this brought up before, so i thought maybe it was worth re-debating technology, as well as what you think this means.

Because, to us, this is very recent technology(computers pretty much).

Although, maybe this means a lot less than i think it might, as deleting a portion of something or someones body, is likely to cause problems, in this case, death.

So maybe i should learn that while i try not to, maybe i should leave some things as not meant to be looked further upon.

But if this is someting not meant to be over loked i would say i just think that they have alot more advanced technology than we think, but they skipped a huge period in which they developed it.

But, another theory i made is that the Alicorn Amulet that Trixie was using could have given her otherworldly knowledge, thus showing her something she could have done.

Anyway, whatcha think?

• Brohoof 1

I think that was just a joke and not meant to be taken seriously at all.

Something like:

Storyboarder 1: "In this scene Trixie cast a spell which takes away Pinkie's muzzle so she can't speak". 

Storyboarder 2: "I'm sure we can put some joke in there so it eases up the implications".

Storyboarder 1: "Being Pinkie and all... there's always the 4th wall breaking possibility, we could use the old 'back of the pencil eraser' gag".

Storyboarder 2: "Good idea, but that's too cliched and old-school, let's make it a XXI century 'drag&drop to the recycle bin' gag instead".

• Brohoof 2