• Pegasus / Breezie
    • Earth Pony / Yak
    • Unicorn / Diamond dog
    • Alicorn / Sphynx
    • Changeling / Snake pony
    • Bat pony/ Vampire pony/ Spider pony
    • EqG Human(Kinda)/ Kirin

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 2018-09-02 at 01:00 PM

Art Contest Poll

This is the voting poll for the art contest traits, the participants will have to try and whip up something that embodies all the winning traits it can be one character or multiple, but at least one must have all 3 traits. The poll will be active for 24 hours so that ponies from all the corners of Equestria and beyond will have a chance to vote, and I'd like to encourage everypony to vote, not only those who will take part.

Participation

Once the traits are locked in you can start with your art and submission (which can be sent in here). 

I know that some of you might be thinking, "Eh, I can't art". As far as I'm concerned I'd also like to encourage everypony to take part in trying your hoof at this art event -- even if you aren't an experienced artist. This event is more about the fun of taking part than it is about winning. You will notice most options have multiple choices, (this / that) you don't have to put both traits of those, rather you can chose any one of them so that we have more variety. 

Clarification: Any form of visual art is accepted, be it digital or traditional drawing/painting, sculpting, or any craft that you may think of, if you are not certain just send me a message and i'll be sure to verify it.
you can create a new Character. or use one of the pre-existing ones, if they fit the traits, you can also take a character and tweek them to fit the traits. anything goes
if you use bases, please state so, and link back to the artist that made them,
Art theft will not be tolerated, and if you're caught submitting someone else's artwork, you will be banned from this, and all future Art contests

Have fun and good luck

• Brohoof 8

• The topic was featured

Okay, the instructions are a little confusing, so I just want to clarify.

You said we have to use all the traits, but said it could be one character. So how does someone drawing one character use both the, say, Alicorn AND Sphinx?

Or is it that you pick which of the two traits to use? But if we pick one, we aren’t using all of them...

My attempt to understand the rules has made me more confused... :lostit:

2 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Okay, the instructions are a little confusing, so I just want to clarify.

You said we have to use all the traits, but said it could be one character. So how does someone drawing one character use both the, say, Alicorn AND Sphinx?

Unless I'm misunderstanding, I believe it's the opposite, thankfully.

1 hour ago, Lord Valtasar said:

You will notice most options have multiple choices, (this / that) you don't have to put both traits of those, rather you can chose any one of them so that we have more variety. 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. So if I understand correctly, it could be a Yak Ninja Crying with joy.

Edited by Quinch
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, ShadOBabe said:

You get to pick which one when there is a slash in between. Using all the traits means you have to use winning Occupation, winning Emotion, and winning Species. In some cases you will have two listed and it is artists pick. 

So you could go Drunk Musician Alicorn or Mischievous Composer Sphinx

2 minutes ago, Quinch said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. So if I understand correctly, it could be a Yak Ninja Crying with joy.

Bingo 

3 minutes ago, Jeric said:

You get to pick which one when there is a slash in between. Using all the traits means you have to use winning Occupation, winning Emotion, and winning Species. In some cases you will have two listed and it is artists pick. 

So you could go Drunk Musician Alicorn or Mischievous Composer Sphinx

OHHHHHH GOT IT!! Thank you guys, I got all turned around. XD

• Brohoof 2

13 minutes ago, PacificGreen said:

By "pre-existing ones" do you mean any of the canon characters from the show/comics/movies?

yes, also any OC you may have, you don't need to make a new character if you have one that you'd like to use

@Unity Pegusai walk on clouds. Logic flies out the window when it comes to how wings work!

Think the crux there though is that “vampires” (only the term zombie has been confirmed in Pony language so far. Our only example thus far was more fruit bat, really.) are intended to be more predatory & purely magical in origin.

By which I mean, if you were to art a Vampire Pony, you couldn’t do cute or anything less than threatening. Batponies are just batlike ponies. They can be OCs live among others.

I remember the idea of batponies being a different race rather than just costumes drove me crazy because it seemed too great of a leap for something that appeared during a holiday that's basically dedicated to dressing up but I've of course fallen in love with them long since. :fluttershy:

900317__safe_artist-colon-andypriceart_a

2 hours ago, Widdershins said:

By which I mean, if you were to art a Vampire Pony, you couldn’t do cute or anything less than threatening. Batponies are just batlike ponies. They can be OCs live among others.

Sorry, had to. Couldn't help myself. 

• Brohoof 2

The results thus far are certainly...interesting. Oh boy.

This may have been asked before, but once the poll locks, how long do we have to submit the artwork?

Aw shucks, none of my selected categories are winning.  Come on people, who doesn’t want to see a sports fan/ sports playing crazy/drunk bat pony/ vampire pony/ spider pony?!!!!???! I mean really now. :mlp_pout:

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

A happy unicorn with a generic profession all year every year -_-

Can't you people do random draws?

I mean basically what’s winning right now is Octavia with a horn, and... yeah, not like we have any shortage of art of her. :bea:

12 minutes ago, Lord Valtasar said:

Not like we cant draw a smug Diamond dog drummer. Thats why there are multiple options

Yes, but next time a lucky creature will still have its victory tied to a unicorn.

@Batbrony  Well, Technically, all spiders are vampiric. So, either choice there, you win!

And really. When you’re drunk, isn’t everything a sport?

@Jeric 

Say WhaaaaAAAaaat?!!? Since when has being an attention-seeking, rabble-rousing, mouthy, sass machine been associated with us draconequui?

I would gladly share the spotlight to see some wonderfully creative artwork of such a theatrical, expressive, totally fandomricated species as the Batpony!

... Is... is that...?... one moment...

Yes. Yes, it is. That’s Rarity cosplaying as Vampirella. Who I’m pretty sure was a... uuh... “originally designed with dubious intent.”

(Gotta love the Spike gargoyle!)

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, BloodDrops said:

Ok so I'm going to draw from the following winning votes. If it does change then welp, i'm already in drawing phase so :P

Musician / Composer

Happy / Ecstatic

Unicorn / Diamond dog

Don’t feel rushed. You’ve got all month.