Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What will G5 be like?

Octavia_Melody2

Is anyone here looking forward to G5 of MLP? According to some leaks I may or may not have seen they're going to look alot like G4 except as  Clydesdale horses. If anything, I think G5 is going to strengthen the brony fandom and give new life to this series.

• Brohoof 1

I'll definitely check it out and see what it has to offer. I'm not going to get my hopes up for it being as good as G4; I've been burned too many times with things like that. It will strengthen the Brony fandom and expand on the scope of the whole MLP universe IF they do a good job with it. 

But I think Hasbro will try their best to please the fans, which will probably result in a show worth watching, whether it's as good as G4 or not. So yes, I am looking forward to seeing what they do with it. Definitely. 

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 5:32 AM, FalloutFloyd said:

let's put it this way, i highly doubt they would go for the more 80s "girls only" approach, especially after the massive success that g4 has been. if it will be good or not, i guess we'll have to wait ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To be fair I wouldn't call the 80s series girl only; unless you're referring to MLP Tales. That said I would assume they would go with something all genders would appreciate in some form considering how well G4 has done. Nothing can be assumed tho. *shrug*

• 3 weeks later...

according to the leaks it will be targeting an older audience and there will be more action and fighting in Gen 5 so if I were to Guess it's going to be similar to the original Teen Titans series

uiQALULigXxqqOD-1600x900-noPad.jpg?14363214196cb05376f6caa989e5d2379c47c9be2d.png

Edited by NathanW200

I mean I really want Gen 5 to start but at the same time I don't want G4 to end starting G5 and continuing G4 at the same time I think would be best so we can enjoy both and have more pony to see at once

Edited by NathanW200

2 hours ago, NathanW200 said:

according to the leaks it will be targeting an older audience and there will be more action and fighting in Gen 5 so if I were to Guess it's going to be similar to the original Teen Titans series

uiQALULigXxqqOD-1600x900-noPad.jpg?14363214196cb05376f6caa989e5d2379c47c9be2d.png

Dunno... needs work. Something is off. I don't know about anyone else, but for me, what is going to make or break this is in the eyes. Ignoring everything else that is different, I'm just not feeling it in that image. Still a concept piece though, so who knows. The whole changing their species thing still makes no freaking sense to me.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, heavens-champion said:

Of course, some people think it will be some subtle political propaganda cartoon.

The rumors about G5's goal having diversity (radical feminism and etc.) seems worrisome, at least to me and many others who would agree. I hope that Hasbro won't take that route that Crunchyroll is doing to their show/anime, "High Guardian Spice."

• 1 year later...

We know it will have a new cast. New ponies, so no more Derpy. And potentially 3D, at least the premiere which will be a movie, since they got a good track record in Equestria Girls movies and the Movie 2017

• Brohoof 1

I figure Hasbro won't fall into the trap of making the show too political.

I also figure Hasbro will add male main characters; it's one of the things they were rumored about doing years ago when the leaks happened, and it's clear from some of the toys they were putting out toward the middle of G-4 that they weren't just marketing them to girls, so I figure they'll branch out by adding male main characters.

Given that they'll want the G-5 toys to be visually distinct from the G-4 toys, I figure one of them will have deep cherry red fur, another will have deep forest green fur, and still another will have a dark chocolate brown fur coat.

• 1 year later...
On 2018-10-18 at 1:22 AM, TyladIsNotHere said:

The rumors about G5's goal having diversity (radical feminism and etc.) seems worrisome, at least to me and many others who would agree. I hope that Hasbro won't take that route that Crunchyroll is doing to their show/anime, "High Guardian Spice."

No crappy animation, dialogue, voice acting, nor in your face political agenda… I think we got to a good start :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Still no High Guardian Spice erm… “inspiration” now that we are at chapter 4 and god knows how many more TYT episodes :yay:. Can you imagine if G5 levels of fail and cringe otherwise :eww:? Glad that “other” show has been forgotten for the good of humanity and our beloved pastel horses >_>