Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Best and worst alcohol/tobacco/food combinations?

Octavia_Melody2

Here's one that I might do on Monday, since it's a holiday and I have nowhere to be.

There's a beer called Dead Rise from Flying Dog. It's a summer ale infused with Old Bay seasoning. Might not sound that great, but I like it and so does everyone else I know. Where we differ is that they could only drink it in combination with the right meal, but I wouldn't mind sipping it on any hot day, all day long. Gonna get me a 6-pack or two and drink it with some grilled corn and some shrimp that are also steamed with Old Bay, with some clarified butter on the side for dipping. That Dead Rise really ties it all together, I'm telling you.

• Brohoof 1

"Hipster scene"? Don't let any self-respecting home cook or old-school French grandmother hear you calling food and wine pairing with that term  :laugh: 

One recipe I found myself getting back to time and again is Coq au Vin Blanc or just "throw whole rooster/chicken/whatever fowl in the kettle, drown the poor b*stard in white wine or sherry, bombard it with sliced lemons and crushed garlic and forget the whole thing in the owen". Works every time, the best bird dish you'll ever get to lay your hands on. :-P 

Some other mouth-watering and worth of testing combos could be coffee-stout tiramisu or mussels cooked and served alongside German weisbier

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...