Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The 2018 MLPF Pony World Cup

Jeric

I started this back in January of this year. After many delays caused by two hospitalizations, car accidents, and even deciding to come back to staff to do this sort of this more frequently (of the irony) ... well ... here we are. You guys took hundreds of MLP characters and slowly built 32 teams of three. Over the last nine months we have had some surprises Tom the Rock leading a team, Pinkie getting cut, and nopony picking Thorax) you realize that @~C. Discord~ is going to lose his shit when he realizes that his Love Bug King isn't even in this). Anyway, the surprises are not done yet. 

Teams and Division Structure

• There are 32 teams
  • There are 16 years per conference
  • There are 4 teams per division
  • Each team has three characters
  • Each team has one Captain that leads it. 
  • Each team will play their division rivals once each
  • Each team is playing three games
  • The best two records in each division move on to the elimination round.  
  • The elimination round is one and done. Lose and you are out. 

How this works

• Games are decided via a poll. Most votes wins. 
  • Games will be 24 hours long
  • Ties will extend the match by one hour
  • The top two teams in each conference will face each other 

What do I, as a spectator, do?

• Vote!
  • Post images, songs, text, and commentary surrounding characters on the teams you support
  • Cross your fingers your team wins. 
  • Follow this forum and the other main WC forum for Giveaway news. 

Giveaways

• I am giving away gift cards, Pony merch, and a Grand Prize throughout the World Cup. 
  • Each vote you cast is an entry in the general drawing . 
  • If you joined a team then each post you make will be an entry in the Grand Prize of a gaming console. 

Team Clubs

• Only staff can approve invites
  • Do not spam people to get them to join your team. 
  • Switching teams is prohibited 
  • Losing teams will have an opportunity to join the team that defeated them. 
  • Teams will not open regularly anymore as it was previously communicated that the join lock date was the start of the Top 32. 

buckball-game.png?w=600

• Brohoof 7
  • The topic was pinned
19 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

I hope the voting will be posted on the front page so we don't overlook any of it.

Follow the forum and check the calendar which is on the front page. Everything else depends on what else on on the front page and how busy it would look. 

• Brohoof 3

At last, all of these months of preparation has led to this moment. What kind of twists and turns will be expect to see in this tournament? Who knows as just like the World Cup that occurred in Russia, expect the unexpected and don't think the fan favourites will breeze through easily.

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Jeric said:

(you realize that @~C. Discord~ is going to lose his shit when he realizes that his Love Bug King isn't even in this)

Yeah, speaking of,

Changeling Kingdom.png

> Mfw there isn't a single changeling - let alone Thorax - on the Changeling Kingdom team signature.

medium.gif

You guys really did need me to come back, didn't you. :bea: This is why we can't have nice things, Jeric.

• Brohoof 7
On 9/2/2018 at 9:05 AM, Ganondorf8 said:

twists and turns

"Twists and turns are my master plan, then find the elements back where you began." 

:umad:

On 9/2/2018 at 8:16 AM, Jeric said:

12 hours

Woah I must keep my eyes open  so I don't miss any of the R matches:pout::grin:

• Brohoof 2

As the corresponding thread was closed with the poll, I am inclined to declare hither:

maxresdefault.jpg

Our most sincere gratitude to you all, fine pony folks!

The Night Crown is pleased by your trust and love!!!

With your support we promise to rock on and let the Night last... as long as it naturally doth, but being AWESOME... just as YE ALL ARE!!!

Thank you all, who supported us, for our joint victory in that match!

Dcr08pYWAAA7apN.png

• Brohoof 3
4 hours ago, Sunlight Glisten said:

This is fun, when does round 2 begin?

I'm going to guess that round two will begin when Jeric comes back from what he's doing in real life.

• Brohoof 1
56 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

I'm going to guess that round two will begin when Jeric comes back from what he's doing in real life.

In the mean time we'll just have to compete with our words. 

WHO DARES TO CHALLENGE TEAM MOON!

gamerluna_firstpost_7792.jpg.24e230277e250d78085b05ffb1760111.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Wait we aren't going to have Baltimare vs Maretonia then? Damnit I was going to make a good image for it. Eh...

large.png

Now I know it seems you aren't getting any wins here, but I've already anticipated something like this could happen, and I know what to do.

It's too late. We weren't good enough.

You're good friends with that Starlight, she's doing real well, maybe you should join her team?

large.png

And you ARE ready to look for a nice mare, yes? Hmm??? What about it?

• Brohoof 2
6 minutes ago, Soren Peregrine said:

Is there a way for me to join a new team? Ghastly Gorge is out and if the team captain, Soarin, gets picked up by another team, could I be allowed to join that team? Or once a team loses, and you were on that team, are you not allowed to join another team?

he will get picked(all of them will since it's half the teams gone, and they can only take the captains) and you will be able to join the new team, or any other if you so wish

Someone is gonna be stuck with Tom. I bet some of you are all like, “man I voted for Tom and Winona! Rats!.”

Also, I promise that this is not the final surprise. 

7 hours ago, Lord Valtasar said:

he will get picked(all of them will since it's half the teams gone, and they can only take the captains) and you will be able to join the new team, or any other if you so wish

Oh, and it looks like Starlight's team has Trixie too! It's too perfect!

8 hours ago, Jeric said:

me: Huh?
jeric: you'll be able to take a take a fourth member
YES!
Also, I promise that this is not the final surprise. 
MORE?
YES YES YES YES YES YES Yes Yes yes yes Yes Yes yes yes yes...