Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Introducing the Readers!

Hi everyone! This is a very long time coming but I'm finally on it.

Everyone's noticed the Golden Oaks Library and the readers therein. There have been quite a few readings since we opened up, but what many may or may not know is that the readers are themselves staff and you know what that means around here. ^_^

First I want to introduce the readers who were already staff members. We have quite a few- there was no shortage of people on staff who liked the idea of the library. :-D

TheTaZe: TaZe is actually the first person to become a reader which I think is a pretty neat distinction to have. Today is also his birthday so please leave him a lot of love on his profile. ^ ^

Jeric: And then there's this guy... > >
J has been involved in so much you may not have expected to see him pop up on this list, but he did! Our very own MLPF force of nature has no shortage of hands to stick into the many cookie jars around the staff washroom.

PathfinderCS: You're probably expecting a deer pun. :mlp_icwudt:
I'm almost expecting Path's first story to involve Spyro the Dragon. Or Bambi fanfiction. Or Something pertaining to King Sombra. Hard to say since he's been so busy. What do you think? :ooh:

Dark Horse: Mr. D. Horse, Esquire himself! I hear he likes ponies. And tea! :ooh:

Batbrony: The plot thickens!
You want to know how meta having Batbrony on this team is? He approached me outside of the application thread and after a short back and forth very quietly snuck his way into the reader staff chat. Yep, that's Batbrony alright. cx

From our community, however, we had a relatively decent turnout of applications. From those applications we've managed to find a few incredible people, if I do say so myself! :-D

Quinch: Quinch is one of our more levelheaded readers and I'm actually pretty thankful for that. He also has a really interesting voice. I have a lot of recommendations for him, but we'll see if my slow drip of Twilight Sparkle fanfiction drive him crazy. (Or recruit him... as planned... > > )

Clod: So... I was listening in to what I thought was Quinch's reading session yesterday and I needed to step away for a while. I came back and Clod was reading the US constitution... Expect anything from this one!

Mesme Rize: Expect sneks. Lots of sneks. :nom:
Seriously, the very first story he told me he's be reading involved snakes and hypnotism. I guarantee you know what you're coming for when Mesme is reading even without looking at the story beforehand. cx

I'm very proud of and thankful for all of you. This was originally just a silly thing I did with ponies elsewhere before I came to MLPF but I'm really happy to see this starting to gain a bit of traction here. I know this announcement was a long time coming but I hope that everyone knows how much it means to at least me having you all here. Thank you all very much. <3

• The topic was featured

congratulations, i haven't had the chance to listen to everyone here yet, but the ones i have, were awesome, looking forward for more awesome story narations from you all

• Brohoof 4

Muahahaha! Now as staff, I can take over the fo-... What do you mean I don't get any powers? Dang...

Anyway, ignore that please. Definitely not planning anything. Nope.

So uh... yeah. Nice to be here. Readin' for people. Somethin' for me to do, and I get to possibly entertain people (i dunno if it's working lol) or at least give 'em something to listen to. It's great. Excited to see where this goes :squee:. Thanks for letting me be part of this.

• Brohoof 3

Wowie, I almost forgot I was the first reader. I wish I could read a bit more but my schedule has me a bit tied up. Anyways, thanks rosie for the introduction! :muffins:

• Brohoof 7

way to be spoilery about my first story. :mlp_maud:

Seriously though, i thought it would be a good first story to read about something i really like. But i try to put in some variety into my readings. :P

Eitherway, i am happy to belong to the group, especially with people like Jeric and bestest friend Darky Horse. :3

Hope to see you guys soon. ;)

Hiss Hiss

• Brohoof 8

3 hours ago, Sunset Rose said:

Quinch: Quinch is one of our more levelheaded readers and I'm actually pretty thankful for that. He also has a really interesting voice. I have a lot of recommendations for him, but we'll see if my slow drip of Twilight Sparkle fanfiction drive him crazy. (Or recruit him... as planned... > > )

Level-headed?! How dare you try to pigeonhole me into a single trait! I am a person! I am not some one-dimensional cutout who can't sustain a pretended mockery of outrage for comedic effect!

Oh, wait, yes I am.

Hi folks!

{good luck, Rarity is still and always will be best pony}

Edited by Quinch
  • Brohoof 5

Really liking the new 'Librarian' rank that the readers have been given--those who weren't already staff of course--and of course, congratulations to the new readers. Yours is a difficult path to take but one that you have chosen because you know how best to handle it.

• Brohoof 6

16 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Really liking the new 'Librarian' rank that the readers have been given--those who weren't already staff of course--and of course, congratulations to the new readers. Yours is a difficult path to take but one that you have chosen because you know how best to handle it.

Heh, I didn't even notice up until now.

• Brohoof 3

That library makes me feel like back in school - no talking, better keep track of the text, because you may be next! :D 

Even though I'm not a bookhorse, I do really like that idea. It's a cozy corner, that gathers some users together. Glad to see the library sparkling. :mlp_grin:

Congratulations and have a good time! ^_^ 

P.S. My rank is better. I'm a changeling, so I can change my badge to whatever I want whenever I want, even to alicorn. :mlp_pout:

• Brohoof 3

medium.jpg

The day may come where our books burn on assaults from evil centaurs, our spines laid torn and our pages lost to the winds, but that day is not today. A day may come where our fair treehouse is threatened by forces far greater than mother nature, herself, but that day is not today.

Today we read. We shall read to them on the beaches, we shall read to them on the seas and oceans, we shall read to them with growing confidence and strength in our majestic treehouse. We shall read to them in the gourges, in the thickest parts of the Everfree Forest, and we shall read to them in the fields of apples found aplenty across this fair land.

And we few, we happy few, we bands of misfit spirits and bright-eyed ponies alike; we shall not cease, until all pony stories are read.

• Brohoof 5

Hey everypony, glad to be one of our readers.  Just had my first session tonight, and it was quite a lot of fun if I do say so myself.  I hope everypony else had as much fun listening as I did reading.  Down the road I plan on reading some much longer fics (in multiple installments, of course), and I'm very much looking forward to that, but for now I'm happy to say that I'm having a lot of fun already and this was definitely worth signing onto.  Let's make our brand new, sparkling library an awesome place to be! :muffins:

• Brohoof 3

Just want to say welcome to @Clod and @Quinch and welcome back to @Mesme Rize

The Golden Oaks Library concept is a labor of love and vision by @Sunset Rose and also managed by @~C. Discord~. Rose has quickly become a the nucleus and catalyst behind many of our renewed focus toward having some fun together, and this is a piece of a grander initiative to do some different community centric activities. 

i-love-this-plan-im-excited-to-be-a-part

• Brohoof 7

On 9/4/2018 at 12:22 PM, ~C. Discord~ said:

And we few, we happy few, we bands of misfit spirits and bright-eyed ponies alike; we shall not cease, until all pony stories are read.

And then we'll write and tell new stories!  Raaaawr!  Congratulations, everypony!

I had the fine opportunity to hear Quinch and TheTaZe during their readings.  Both readings were time well spent!  Plus, ponies have been pretty friendly about warning me (new pony to MLP) to spoilers and the like.  Thanks a bunch - that's nice of you!  =)

Honor and fun,

Summer Storm =)

• Brohoof 4

• The topic was unfeatured
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked