Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Demon Sunset Shimmer or Midnight Sparkle?

Octavia Heartstrings

Demon Sunset Shimmer or Midnight Sparkle?  

40 users have voted

1. 1. Best evil alter-ego?

• Demon Sunset Shimmer
    • Midnight Sparkle

4 minutes ago, shyabetes3939 said:

Whose evil alter-ego was better in your opinion? Sunset's or Sci-Twi's?

1724853068_demonsunsetshimmer.thumb.jpg.61526636fa95efba08d9f5b4b2be8113.jpg1845068302_midnightsparkle.thumb.jpg.811a54d96680acae0b229778847278bd.jpg

My vote would have to go to Midnight Sparkle, she's just too awesome and sexy!

My vote would have to go to Midnight Sparkle...

She's super sexy and just fucking look at her!!!!!

• Brohoof 2

I prefer Midnight Sparkle too. :adorkable: I think the design is a big reason for that – Midnight Sparkle's design is more pleasant (though still fitting for a villain) and instantly recognizable as an evil version of Twilight (which I can't say about demon Sunset, apart from her hair).

• Brohoof 4

Gotta go with my World Cup team mate. 

Demon Shimmer, in both design and personality, was pretty generic. Evil villain becomes eviler. The bullying she witch is given a look that reflects the monster she is on the inside. It's been done before. And invading equestria with an army of school children, all so she could stick it to her mentor? Bland motive. Dumb plan. Vague stakes. 

In contrast, Midnight is more complex of a figure, even tragic in a way. Her struggle is surprisingly relateble. Sunset was a lot like Principal Cinch. Using her power to force others to her will. Twi would've been one of those people being forced. A brilliant young prodigy who has her hopes and insecurities twisted by those around her. Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. But what does absolute power do to someone who's powerless? Far more compelling that a world domination plot.

That, and Midnight is a far more attractive character. 

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/292098/waiti-was-sexy

• Brohoof 2

Midnight Sparkle's main drive was curiosity, not power.  That makes her more intriguing to me.  She didn't want to conquer Equestria, she just wanted to learn about magic.  Who knows where that would have gone.

• Brohoof 3

I do like Sunset Shimmer more than Sci-Twi, but in terms of their villainous One Winged Angel forms, Midnight Sparkle is my choice. Even when first watching EQG1, I thought that Sunset's Demon form seemed a little out of place. Although, Sunset's Phoenix form is even better!

• Brohoof 3

4 hours ago, shyabetes3939 said:

Now that is a very tough choice!

Only way to make it easy is to throw in a Fluttershy version of either of those two!

In equestria there is flutter bat. Maybe in the human world we could have vampireshy? 

Edited by Sunlight Glisten
  • Brohoof 1

Midnight. Sunny sucked as a villain, and Demon Sunny didn’t give her any points in that regard. Plus her demonic face took away her sexyness card, something she at least had it going from start  :mlp_icwudt:

Midnight, she was hammy, rather stereotypical, but at least opening portals to an alternate dimension where most are horses, and we went from a cute nerdy next-door girl, to evil is sexy incarnate   :bedeyes:

• Brohoof 1

On 2018-09-06 at 12:34 AM, Steve Piranha said:

Plus her demonic face took away her sexyness card,

Yeah, they should've gone back to the drawing-board for her facial features (like in the fanart I referenced above).

Edited by Anti-Villain
  • Brohoof 2

13 minutes ago, shyabetes3939 said:

Found this, this made my day:

476214127_eqgfluttershyfemmefatale.thumb.png.4c49f9ae8124d59798d62a7131b1c049.png

Simply too damn sexy! :wub:

Flutterbat is hot, I'll admit that
**Twilight peeks over**
Not as hot as Midnight, but close
**Twilight hides again**
But the pony version of Flutterbat is hotter than human version but that's the same with anything