Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has Fluttershy's "Demotion to Extra" reversed?

FirePuppy

According to TV Tropes:

"Hit by this in Season 5 where she speaks and appears the least of all the Mane Six. She would only get two episodes centered around her (one of which was shared with Twilight) and both of them didn't occur until well over halfway into the season."

The way I see it, though, she did kind of have, like, about 1 1/2 more episodes centered on her in the first half of that season, one of them with Discord.

"This continues into Season 6. Besides her solo episode airing within the first half of the season, her status and how much of a presence she had in this season is by-and-large the same as in Season 5 with only two episodes centered on her (one of which is shared with Applejack) as well as being absent or not speaking for roughly half the season."

However, in a reversal of fortune, Fluttershy did speak more than both Applejack and Rainbow Dash in Season 7, and pretty likely more than Pinkie Pie this season. I think the writers are caring more about her than they did in the past by now, don't you think?

7 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Hit by this? I'm puzzled by what that means.

In other words, she suffered to it. But in the last two seasons, a few other ponies suffered it more than she did.

4 hours ago, Kadeda said:

I'ma be honest. I don't notice whose speaking more than who unless someone tells me.

Ask Rainbowderp01 at the MLP Wiki.

Fluttershy is almost non existent in S8. In mane6 group episodes she often have 0 lines in entire episode. The episodes she does appear, have her go out of character like Fake it till you make it. They should had explore her knack for animal research and veterinary as well as explore her relationship with Discord. Instead she felt like completely pointless in all of season 8. I think i remember more of Yona in the whole season than any meaningfull Fluttershy moment.

6 hours ago, Conred said:

Fluttershy is almost non existent in S8. In mane6 group episodes she often have 0 lines in entire episode. The episodes she does appear, have her go out of character like Fake it till you make it. They should had explore her knack for animal research and veterinary as well as explore her relationship with Discord. Instead she felt like completely pointless in all of season 8. I think i remember more of Yona in the whole season than any meaningfull Fluttershy moment.

Pinkie Pie appeared less than Fluttershy this season. In her only other episode, Yakity Sax, all the rest of the Mane Six was seen as much as her!

For Celestia's sake, Fluttershy is a shy pony! Of course she isn't going to say as much as the mane six. I don't even know why one would assume she has demoted to extra, when I see no evidence of this. Just because one doesn't appear at all doesn't indicate a demotion of such, for all we know Fluttershy could dominate over every other character as the main protagonist of season 9.

Edited by EpicEnergy

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:28 PM, EpicEnergy said:

For Celestia's sake, Fluttershy is a shy pony! Of course she isn't going to say as much as the mane six. I don't even know why one would assume she has demoted to extra, when I see no evidence of this. Just because one doesn't appear at all doesn't indicate a demotion of such, for all we know Fluttershy could dominate over every other character as the main protagonist of season 9.

Frankly, characters like Mayor Mare and Mr. Cake are better candidates for being demoted.