Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who will win...Am I the only one who finds this annoying?

cuteycindyhoney

Who will win, random name X random name. Why litter the whole home page with it? I don't come to this site because I like or follow sports. I find it silly to set up some kind of playoff with random character names. Shouldn't all of this be in Cloudsdale Colosseum/Forum games?

Sorry, I had to say this.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Who will win, random name X random name. Why litter the whole home page with it? I don't come to this site because I like or follow sports. I find it silly to set up some kind of playoff with random character names. Shouldn't all of this be in Cloudsdale Colosseum/Forum games?

Sorry, I had to say this.

You can certainly feel that way, but it really is best to grin and bear it for the next for weeks because it isn't changing. It isn't random, the characters have been community voted since January. This is an official forum event that is actually going to be spilling all over MLPF. Not only that but in the recent months there is a larger focus on events and such so this sort of thing is going to be more common. As far as littering the front page, well ... I certainly don't want to be accused of hiding these topics when I start giving away stuff for participating .... like this 

41R9FArsBDL._AC_US218_.jpg 

Yep. Guess I'll let the cat out of the bag here. Not only will I begin random drawings to give away comics, gift cards, books, movies, art, and figures ... I am also giving away a Nintendo Switch bundle. I was going to announce the details later next week, but the business mind in me loves to take lemons and make lemonade. It's also Rarity Week so ... generosity!

• Brohoof 6

2 hours ago, Jeric said:

You can certainly feel that way, but it really is best to grin and bear it for the next for weeks because it isn't changing. It isn't random, the characters have been community voted since January. This is an official forum event that is actually going to be spilling all over MLPF. Not only that but in the recent months there is a larger focus on events and such so this sort of thing is going to be more common. As far as littering the front page, well ... I certainly don't want to be accused of hiding these topics when I start giving away stuff for participating .... like this 

Yep. Guess I'll let the cat out of the bag here. Not only will I begin random drawings to give away comics, gift cards, books, movies, art, and figures ... I am also giving away a Nintendo Switch bundle. I was going to announce the details later next week, but the business mind in me loves to take lemons and make lemonade. It's also Rarity Week so ... generosity!

Oh nuts. I won't win I guess.

:(

2 hours ago, Jeric said:

Would it include a free game to go with it? It is a bundle, after all. :P

• Brohoof 1

I think it's rather fun, and that's coming from someone who literally hates irl sports outside Tennis. :-D

Any participation in any kind of community event is far, far superior to this forum dying in stagnancy. I love the community focus that's been adopted here, it's why I'm back. If you don't like this event, just be patient, because before you know it this event will be over, and other, different ones will come along - ones that you may like.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Bas said:

Wat. Now this is awesome.

Now, regarding the topic; I think before I came more active, also in events, on the forums I felt similiar. What about a simple button to hide them, though? Collapsing, like forums quotes, with being remembered.

That’s not an option built into IPB.