Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

RP assistance

DivineMist1000

Well, do you have anything to go on right now, be it either a goal, a premise, a scene, a character - it can often be easy to build from a single seed, either as a starting point, or something to point to one.

Just now, Quinch said:

Well, do you have anything to go on right now, be it either a goal, a premise, a scene, a character - it can often be easy to build from a single seed, either as a starting point, or something to point to one.

Luna is the character I planned on using, since she's my favorite, and I was going to do a scenario where she helps somepony in need.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, DivineLuna1000 said:

Luna is the character I planned on using, since she's my favorite, and I was going to do a scenario where she helps somepony in need.

{nods} So we have a scenario outline. In the dream realm, in the waking world? It can be both, for that matter. Are there any traits or abilities she has that you particularly like?

Edited by Quinch

Heya @DivineLuna1000

Incoming brainstorm!  Get your umbrellas already!!  8D

But first...  a little dreamy instrumental music to 'storm to...  :)

Spoiler

There we go.  Now....

What role do the PCs (Player-Characters) play?  How many PCs do you want?  What is their motivation to be in this story?  What can they learn?

Who is the pony in distress?  Do they have something the thugs want?  If so, what?  Does this pony know the bullies or are they strangers?

Who are the thugs and why are they trying to hurt the pony?  Is it more than just them being bullies?

Where, specifically, does this take place and when (not just time of day or night, but time of year - is it snowy?  Rainy?  Clear?)?

Why is Luna involved at all?  Does she know the pony or the thugs or the PCs?  All of them?  None?

Do you have a gaming system you want to use (like Tails of Equestria) or something else?  Or are you going freeform (no dice)?

What can you add to the game to assist with its immersion and story?

I guess I'll stop there.  Hope this helps!  Games, after all, should be fun! :love:

Honor and fun,

Summer Storm

10 minutes ago, Summer Storm said:

Heya @DivineLuna1000

But first...  a little dreamy instrumental music to 'storm to...  :)

Reveal hidden contents

There we go.  Now....

What role do the PCs (Player-Characters) play?  How many PCs do you want?  What is their motivation to be in this story?  What can they learn?

Who is the pony in distress?  Do they have something the thugs want?  If so, what?  Does this pony know the bullies or are they strangers?

Who are the thugs and why are they trying to hurt the pony?  Is it more than just them being bullies?

Where, specifically, does this take place and when (not just time of day or night, but time of year - is it snowy?  Rainy?  Clear?)?

Why is Luna involved at all?  Does she know the pony or the thugs or the PCs?  All of them?  None?

Do you have a gaming system you want to use (like Tails of Equestria) or something else?  Or are you going freeform (no dice)?

What can you add to the game to assist with its immersion and story?

I guess I'll stop there.  Hope this helps!  Games, after all, should be fun! :love:

Honor and fun,

Summer Storm

Thanks a lot for the advice. All I'm trying to do is make a Luna RP for people to play along with

• Brohoof 1

18 minutes ago, Summer Storm said:

Weeeellll... maybe!

-stretches head into the thread, cartoon style-

These kinds of things can be useful, especially if you're planning to do a serious, or at least detailed kind of roleplay, and if it works, it can pay off better over time in a better story. On the other hand, it can also be fun to just wing things as you go along, even if they end up being out of character, contradicting themselves or ending up just plain silly - as long as everypony has fun, it's good enough. It's kind of like baking - you can invite a friend over to bake some muffins together and hope they know not to burn the kitchen down, or make a three-storey ice-cream surprise party cake and hope they're not lactose intolerant. For someone new to roleplaying, I actually recommend the first - it can feel less stressful, and there's plenty of chances for do-overs if anypony needs them.