Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fashion Week - Trivia

Ganondorf8

Welcome to the Fashion Week Trivia here on the MLP Forums. :-D

Rarity has graciously asked me to handle this little sub-event so now you get to deal with me. How many of you here would like a special badge that Rarity herself personally designed and approved for the forums? Judging from those excited smiles, I'd say that would be a yes. However, earning this badge isn't going to be simple. If you want it, you must answer some questions that are dedicated towards everyone's favourite fashionista.

These questions were personally chosen by Rarity and focus on her adventures--both Friendship is Magic and Equestria Girls--so you'll be getting a bit of everything.

To win the badge, you must answer all seven questions correctly. There is also a bonus question for the truly dedicated fan. If you answer this one correctly, then you have earned the eternal praise of Rarity. You can also use this bonus as a substitute correct answer if you got one of the initial seven questions incorrect.

You must submit all answers to @Rarity if you wish to go for the badge. I cannot stress this enough. If you do not send her a PM with your answers then you won't be able to get the badge. You should also label your PM subject 'Trivia' so that Rarity knows what it means.

Also, you will have 24 hours to partake in this trivia. Once 24 hours are up, this thread will be locked. But, if you're late in submitting your answers, Rarity has decided that she will accept them up until the end of Fashion Week. That's just how generous she is.

Here are your questions.

1) When Rarity was creating her gala dress for AJ in Suited for Success, what hoofware did Applejack insist on Rarity using? 

2) What fictional heroine stars in Rarity's favorite book series? 

3) What special gem did Spikey Wikey give Rarity at the beginning of Secret of My Excess 

4) What fashion theme did Rarity focus on when she opened her dream shop in Canterlot? 

5) What are Rarity's Rules of TLC (what does TLC stand for)? 

6) What famous actress in our world inspired these looks from Rarity. 

Note: Here are two images that will help you with this one.

1273059__safe_screencap_rarity_the+gift+

img-2383101-1-a_lovely_day_for_camping_b

7) In Dance Magic, why was Rarity upset with the Shadowbolts?

Bonus What famous pony periodical did Rarity become a cover pony of? (correct answer will replace a wrong answer above)

Good luck with the trivia.

Again, submit your answers to @Rarity.

Please do not post answers on this thread.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here.

• Brohoof 6

• This topic was featured and pinned

i'm not sure i understand what the bonus question is asking, periodical probably means something else than what i have in mind
anyway it's a bonus question so i'll go with what i think it means and we'll see

• Brohoof 2

@Lord Valtasar @Dynamo Pad

A periodical in what I'm guessing you're think of as a scholarly journal found in library databasess. But there are also popular periodicals more commonly referred to as magazines as they publish a new issue after a designated period (weekly, monthly, annually)

So the question is asking about a popular magazine in the show Rarity was on the cover of.

• Brohoof 2

32 minutes ago, KH7672 said:

@Lord Valtasar @Dynamo Pad

A periodical in what I'm guessing you're think of as a scholarly journal found in library databasess. But there are also popular periodicals more commonly referred to as magazines as they publish a new issue after a designated period (weekly, monthly, annually)

So the question is asking about a popular magazine in the show Rarity was on the cover of.

@Nye Oh, okay and I think I know the answer to it. Thank you for clearing that up. :) 

Trust me, I am absolutely oblivious to famous actors @ShadOBabe. I doubt there are many who can answer all of this from the top of their heads. Especially a question as obscure as periodical which I just happened to remember which episode it was shown in ;D

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Passion said:

Trust me, I am absolutely oblivious to famous actors @ShadOBabe. I doubt there are many who can answer all of this from the top of their heads. Especially a question as obscure as periodical which I just happened to remember which episode it was shown in ;D

I actually DID know the periodical one, but yeah, I don't watch EQG stuff and I'm clueless about the actress.

But thank you!! I do know how to get the answers!! <3

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Wait... is it cheating to go research the answer? :mlp_confused:

we encourage you to go do some research, it's all part of the fun, unless you want to make it a bit hared for yourself, in which case you can chose not to

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Are we allowed to collaborate with others on the answers? I wasn't sure if working together is allowed or not. 

It'll be up to you if you decide you want to collaborate with someone else. I mean, there is no rule saying you can't but then the difficulty will vary depending on what you end up doing anyway.

27 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

I actually DID know the periodical one, but yeah, I don't watch EQG stuff and I'm clueless about the actress.

But thank you!! I do know how to get the answers!! <3

It's a real world super famous actress not from EqG, and one of her film titles  character shares a name with a certain teenage witch. 

PathfinderCS, your lack of classic film knowledge is contagious! 

• Brohoof 3

3 minutes ago, Jeric said:

It's a real world super famous actress not from EqG, and one of her film titles  character shares a name with a certain teenage witch. 

PathfinderCS, your lack of classic film knowledge is contagious! 

LOL!! No I know, Jeric. Those where two separate facts.

I don't know EQG stuff. I don't know classic actresses. But I don't know modern actresses either. I'm very meh on most famous people.

But my MOTHER knows classic celebrities. She helped me out. XD

Answers submitted!

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not confident about the actress, even with the hint. I know I've seen the shots that it references from, though. Still... need to throw my hat into the ring, so best guess is still a guess.

Edited by Quinch

Hooray for Trivia! 

I'll give this one a shot, considering I did the Twilight trivia thing last month. That and I'm a sucker for badges. 

(Vito Corleone's accent)  psst, if anyone is looking for the answer to number 6, I'm the right guy. But of course it will come with a hefty price. Not too serious or anything but ehh...an information for an information? Sound reasonable right? Right. If it's a deal, you know where to find me.  

• Brohoof 1

Okay, I took my best guesses and sent 'em in. I feel confident about most of them, but I'm not 100% certain. In any case, I look forward to seeing the results, for better or worse. Always lots of fun turning one's thoughts to The Rare One. Good luck to all of you, everypony! Enjoy the event! :mlp_grin:

Well, I don't intend to miss out like what nearly happened with Twilight. At this very moment, I have a little less than 10 hours. 

But there are 2 or 3 concerns I hope someone will answer soon. Someone like...

@Ganondorf8

1. (More a satement than a question) With half the seasons missing from Netflix (the later seasons especially, I'm going to be at a disadvantage. Still, I'll think of something

1. The question about 

What fashion theme did Rarity focus on when she opened her dream shop in Canterlot? 

Sounds like a trick question. Are we talking about when Rarity first open the store BEFORE or AFTER Sassy Saddles's interference? I ask because there are at least 3 episodes that featured that particular store, and it wouldn't be fair if the vauge question ruins this one.

2. The Actress question: UPDATE: I think I got it. No hints needed for this one.

Most of the other answers, I have the most confidence in. I should be fine with them

Edited by Will Guide
Update in seeking advice.