Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 10?

CastletonSnob

I believe the 9th season is the last full season. That won't, however, mean there won't be future movies and/or specials that could potentially celebrate anniversaries like what @BasementSparkle is referring to. Just because the main series ends doesn't mean there will never be any new official content.

• Brohoof 3

Partly, I'd like for S9 to be the last. FIM has reached milestones few shows did already. But it's kind of a waste to end just before it's decade as well tho

33 minutes ago, ~C. Discord~ said:

I believe the 9th season is the last full season. That won't, however, mean there won't be future movies and/or specials that could potentially celebrate anniversaries like what @BasementSparkle is referring to. Just because the main series ends doesn't mean there will never be any new official content.

Well, we know there are two specials post S9 coming at least  :huh:

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't mind if there was a tenth season but I'll accept the fact if the next one is indeed the last one. MLP has gone on for a long time and it's probably best to conclude it now before it becomes stagnant.

• Brohoof 6

Someone at the Equestria Daily Discord chat mentioned a rumor that there might be a 10th season.  Reason?

Spoiler

WOrd has it that MLP G5 is delayed, and they may consider 13 more episodes just to shorten the hiatus between G4 and G5.

• Brohoof 2

Season 9 is confirmed right?

I think that the show can easily get 10, 11 or 12 good seasons if risks are taken to tell new stories and/or shift the focus of the series. Of course those risks could have a big impact on the reception of newer seasons and the path would not be smooth at all.

The overall plot of the series has been Twilight's journey to become a great Equestrian leader alongside her best friends, and I think we are almost at the end of that journey (maybe finishing it already). If eventual seasons 10, 11 or 12 were to come, that overall plot would need to take another step and Twilight's journey would be affected, the question is how?

Instances of the kind of risk I'm referring to have already happened with Twilight's ascension and the introduction of Starlight Glimmer as a catalyst to Twilight's change of role, each risk taken comes at bigger stakes than the one before, and the next one(s) would need to change the status quo even more.

My conclusion is that even if I think good quality seasons can be done after season 9, it would be safer and cleaner to finish FiM at season 9, I love Twilight's journey as it is.

• Brohoof 3

I think it will get a tenth season. Be odd to choose to end it on season 9. I personally want it to keep going but at the same time... from what I'm hearing about G5, I'm pretty interested in it as well.

I guess I will say... i'm riding the ship no matter where it goes. MLP has grown to be one of my favorite shows and I'm not going anywhere.

• Brohoof 3

I wish for the show to end with Season 9 as well, this one hopefully being Fluttershy and Pinkie's biggest one.

Besides, who needs a Season 10 as long as every Mane Six pony has each gotten everything they need? I for one, don't really need a Babs Seed episode, and I'm already finished with the other four of the Mane Six I didn't mention here after 8 seasons.

Edited by FirePuppy

All signs point it to ending very soon. Will it be Season 9? Who knows, but we are at the end of the shows lifespan anyways.

Its done after S9. If you want more pony then wait until 2020 for G5 and a new format of episodes similar to Steven Universe and Adventure Time in which there is a single ongoing adventure arc.

On 9/8/2018 at 10:26 AM, TheTaZe said:

All signs point it to ending very soon. Will it be Season 9? Who knows, but we are at the end of the shows lifespan anyways.

Yes, it will, it was in the leaks. Mostly debating if there will be 26 or 13 episodes, 2 specials after it, and.....

Spoiler

Vectors of Cozy Glow with Tirek, Sombra, and Grogar, with some darker characters brainwashed by demon horse

On 9/8/2018 at 10:22 AM, FirePuppy said:

I wish for the show to end with Season 9 as well, this one hopefully being Fluttershy and Pinkie's biggest one.

Besides, who needs a Season 10 as long as every Mane Six pony has each gotten everything they need? I for one, don't really need a Babs Seed episode, and I'm already finished with the other four of the Mane Six I didn't mention here after 8 seasons.

Well, I won’t be happy if FIM ends without a decent exposure of bats, even if it’s a single character like Zecora is for zebras. We got glass horses, we got a demon horse, griffin/fish horses, fairy horses, bigger desert horses, and now dragon horses, and I won’t accept a good exposure of bat poneh missing, specially them being the oldest alt type of ponies officially shown :unamused:

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Yes, it will, it was in the leaks. Mostly debating if there will be 26 or 13 episodes, 2 specials after it, and.....

Hide contents

Vectors of Cozy Glow with Tirek, Sombra, and Grogar, with some darker characters brainwashed by demon horse

Well, I won’t be happy if FIM ends with a decent exposure of bats, even if it’s a single character like Zecora is for zebras. We got glass horses, we got a demon horse, griffin/fish horses, bigger desert horses, and now dragon horses, and I won’t accept a good exposure of bat poneh missing, specially them being the oldest alt type of ponies officially shown :unamused:

I heard those brainwashed characters were Spike, the Student 6, and the CMCs. Brainwashed darker characters? I didn't see the images themselves though.

23 minutes ago, FlareGun45 said:

Hide contents

I heard those brainwashed characters were Spike, the Student 6, and the CMCs. Brainwashed darker characters? I didn't see the images themselves though.

Spoiler

By darker, I mean the same characters got a darker color palette when brainwashed. And yeah, the images where there. Rather surprising how little they are discussed tho :huh:

Edited by Steve Piranha

Just now, Steve Piranha said:
  Hide contents

By darker, I mean the same characters got a darker color palette when brainwashed

In that case, I think this episode is gonna be Return of Harmony, but in reverse! Instead of the Mane Six being brainwashed, all their friends become brainwashed, the opposite of their former selves! Can't wait to see Spike's darker side, especially!

:D I'm having a hard time finding the image though. I know you can't link me here, but could you tell me where I could find it, please?

1 minute ago, FlareGun45 said:

Hide contents

In that case, I think this episode is gonna be Return of Harmony, but in reverse! Instead of the Mane Six being brainwashed, all their friends become brainwashed, the opposite of their former selves! Can't wait to see Spike's darker side, especially!

:D I'm having a hard time finding the image though. I know you can't link me here, but could you tell me where I could find it, please?

Last place I’ve seen it was in some russian brony site whose name I don’t remember :huh:. It doesn’t help that my laptop that registered it is gone shit :yuck:

48 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Last place I’ve seen it was in some russian brony site whose name I don’t remember :huh:. It doesn’t help that my laptop that registered it is gone shit :yuck:

I found a CMCs one, it's called Cutie Mark Crusaders Sombra Spell. I can only find them. Were there others at all, or was it just the CMCs?

28 minutes ago, FlareGun45 said:

Hide contents

I found a CMCs one, it's called Cutie Mark Crusaders Sombra Spell. I can only find them. Were there others at all, or was it just the CMCs?

Spoiler

Spike was among the victims, and maybe the Young 6 as well :mlp_huh:

There has to be a reason for them to stretch the show for 10 seasons, it won't take long for it to become filler episodes and it quickly loose everything that makes it special.

I am an optimist and I think that whatever they are planning for g5 hopefully it's going to be really good.