Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 10?

CastletonSnob

Honestly, so long as the quality of the show remains good (I respect that some people believe otherwise, which is fine) I don't mind it continuing to run. Like just about everyone else, I don't want it to go on far longer than it should and get completely milked, but if the creative team needs extra time to wrap up the story of Twilight and her friends in the most satisfying way possible for the fanbase, I say give them that extra season. It can't possibly suffer the same fate as The Simpsons with G5 so close around the corner anyways, so I see no reason to worry. :maud:

• Brohoof 2

Let's be real, FiM has had significantly more episodes than what is considered typical for an animated series.  It has had a pretty good run and a huge amount of content.  I don't think it really needs a season 10.  I would rather see it end on a high note than pull a Simpsons and outstay its welcome.

• Brohoof 1

On 9/8/2018 at 12:54 AM, SaburoDaimando said:

Someone at the Equestria Daily Discord chat mentioned a rumor that there might be a 10th season.  Reason?

Hide contents

WOrd has it that MLP G5 is delayed, and they may consider 13 more episodes just to shorten the hiatus between G4 and G5.

Well, that’s quite possible to be true 

I think there will probably be a season 10. There's no way Hasbro would end a show simply so they can start a reboot that has zero chance of success. No one is that foolish.

The show won't last forever, but it probably won't end at season 9 either. And they certainly won't end the show just to start some reboot that looks like it was made in GoAnimate.

I hope so. 10 is a nice round number and number of years to end the series on. People keep referencing The Simpsons and Spongebob when there really is not a point of comparison to be made. The structure, tone and format are radically different and the show has avoided seasonal rot thus far with the constant innovation of the writers.

Edited by ShadowPhoenix
  • Brohoof 1

Let it rest. After 9 seasons, we have to close the book, because while i enjoyed most of season 8, the show is really overblowing with characters to squish inside episodes and that can hurt.

If Season 9 will be a good one and has a great series finale, i can look positively into the future.

• Brohoof 3

• 2 months later...

The show has started dying ever since Season 8 started, so I wouldn't mind if it ended soon, but I would like there to be a Season 10, because that would mean Flim and Flam would have to have another episode, hopefully a good one, that would make up for that abomination Friendship University. Also, it would mean more opportunities for old characters to return.

On 12/13/2018 at 11:12 PM, Bas said:

This reply isn't only to you, but...

I might have been more critical on a season 9 if it wasn't for how good actually the second half of s8 has been. Don't get me wrong, I really didn't like the first third, but considering what they have done with the other episodes I have no doubt they could find awesome design space for a season 9.

TBH, I don't think you should downtalk g5 before having seen any of it. There is no way to tell whether it might be even better than FiM other by watching!

Yeah, the second half was way better than the first half. It still only had four good episodes in it, so the season overall wasn't good. I do hope they have more good episodes in Season 9.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...