Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Suggestion to improve birthday listing

Sparklefan1234

I think there should be a "Birthday" banner under a users name.

I'm sure I've missed wishing a lot of my friends happy birthdays because I didn't know when they were.

@Tacodidra also came up with the idea to receive birthday notifications for the users that you follow. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 4

I support the birthday banner idea. :) As well as the other one, though I think that's obvious since I suggested it in the first place. :P

The "Birthday today" column is what I use to check birthdays, but that has one problem: on some days, there are so many birthdays that a user who hasn't visited in a while might not be shown (considering that recent visitors are shown). On some days, a user who hasn't visited in a couple of weeks won't appear there, while on some others, there are users listed who haven't visited in years. Even the calendar doesn't appear to allow notifications for birthdays...

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 6

I don't know if the forum software even supports something like that. Someone who need to look into that is probably @Jeric because I would have absolutely no idea where to even start with that. It may very well be possible though so that would be nice.

• Brohoof 4

@up The visual modifications like some banners on user posts/profiles, highlighted names, as well as many other features would be doable. Not in the settings though, but via code. :mlp_icwudt:

One magical conditional and you're free to go. ;) 

Personally I think something like this in addition would be nice too:

zuntWdT.png

This is just an example; Look Taze, it's your birthday :pinkie:

The idea is to add little present icons before users, who have a birthday. :ticking:

As for notifications though... Now that's some higher-level science. YOg17Aq.png

Now wait for Jeric to say, that there are higher priority things to do first  gSghwib.png jk ofc

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 2