Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Vegan Pony Coffee Club Lounge (VPCCL)

Kind Claw

Hi Everypony!! :squee:

I made this forum lounge for Vegans Ponies and Ponies curious about Veganism/Plant Based Eating!! 

Feel free to drop by, chat and ask questions I'm happy to talk when available. I'll be making the occasional meme (feel free to potato chip in) :orly:

Fun Fact: All protein is plant protein, animal protein is simply recycled plant protein! :adorkable: (Here is a meme I made to demonstrate lol)

YEEEAH!!.jpg

Cool seems interesting Ive been a pescetarian for a while but do try to eat Vegan when I can. Though im curious what does vpcc stand for? vegan ponies  who are curious cats?

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Dabmanz said:

Cool seems interesting Ive been a pescetarian for a while but do try to eat Vegan when I can. Though im curious what does vpcc stand for? vegan ponies  who are curious cats?

Hi Dabmanz the name stands for "Vegan Pony Coffee Club"

That's so great you try Vegan food when possible it goes a long way to help reduce Pollution, Promote Good Health and of coarse helps the animals :squee:

What country do you live in? I'd be happy to search for Vegan goodies for you :) 

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Califorum said:

I never eat cheese, unless if it's on pizza. I also never eat meat, I have never consistently ate meat, it's a conscious decision.

I hear from studies on nutrition that milk products are addictive because they contain caisin and when it breaks down in the gut it creates caisomorphin an opioid like chemical. Cheese is worse because it is more concentrated.

okay good genetics aside I was vegetarian for two years and now vegan for over two years and in all that time I have not been sick a single day.

The common cold, flu ect infects me like anypony else but I get no symptoms and the infection is gone in a day!! My immune system is like hell for pathogens.

Has anypony else watched the documentary 'What The Health'?

Even tho I have been vegetarian for over 3 years now, switching to vegan is still kinda difficult. I would say my health didn't change, but that was okay, I pretty much only do it because I don't wanna eat animals.

However, I don't judge tribes who hunt wild animals for food, what bothered me is that I pretty much let other people kill the animals I eat, but I myself could never kill or even harm an animal myself. I don't think I'm morally better tho, diary production still causes a lot of harm and suffering, and if my older sister would not have went vegetarian first, I probably wouldn't have either. So I don't judge people who eat meat either, I'm not different to them, I just had that little push which made me turn vegetarian.

On 9/10/2018 at 2:35 AM, Kind Claw said:

I hear from studies on nutrition that milk products are addictive because they contain caisin and when it breaks down in the gut it creates caisomorphin an opioid like chemical. Cheese is worse because it is more concentrated.

I honestly start to think that too, giving up cheese and milk is waaaay harder for me then giving up meat was.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Br O N Y said:

Even tho I have been vegetarian for over 3 years now, switching to vegan is still kinda difficult. I would say my health didn't change, but that was okay, I pretty much only do it because I don't wanna eat animals.

However, I don't judge tribes who hunt wild animals for food, what bothered me is that I pretty much let other people kill the animals I eat, but I myself could never kill or even harm an animal myself. I don't think I'm morally better tho, diary production still causes a lot of harm and suffering, and if my older sister would not have went vegetarian first, I probably wouldn't have either. So I don't judge people who eat meat either, I'm not different to them, I just had that little push which made me turn vegetarian.

I honestly start to think that too, giving up cheese and milk is waaaay harder for me then giving up meat was.

@Br O N Y It always fills my heart with joy when I hear other Ponies wanting to go vegan out of love for the animals :squee:

I also don't judge tribes who hunt for food the primary focus is on the developed countries, states, cities ect.

Cheese is a hard one to give up on no doubt, but since you are more aware of what happens in dairy farms you have that extra motivation to want to stop :)

Have you watched any vegan documentaries? most are free and all are informative. a really good one is called What The Health it's on YouTube and Netflix here I'll post it on the Lounge chat. (note I don't own any right's to this documentary I am simply sharing it as any other video)

• Brohoof 1

47 minutes ago, Kind Claw said:

@Br O N Y It always fills my heart with joy when I hear other Ponies wanting to go vegan out of love for the animals :squee:

I also don't judge tribes who hunt for food the primary focus is on the developed countries, states, cities ect.

Cheese is a hard one to give up on no doubt, but since you are more aware of what happens in dairy farms you have that extra motivation to want to stop :)

Have you watched any vegan documentaries? most are free and all are informative. a really good one is called What The Health it's on YouTube and Netflix here I'll post it on the Lounge chat. (note I don't own any right's to this documentary I am simply sharing it as any other video)

Thank you, I also think about the fact that the animals used for meat production have feelings and emotions just like my pets I really love. From what I remember, I still think meat tastes really good, but the joy I would get from it is nothing compared to the suffering it causes. 

However, I don't judge people in my life who eat meat, since I also did it for the first 17 years of my life, and without my sis, I would still do it. It's also mostly laziness which prevents me from going vegan, cause I would have to learn how to cook and can't just get food at any place I'm atm. It's also difficult to give up some diary foods, like pizza, especially if everyone else around you eats them. Tbh, sometimes it's still a little painful for me to see my family eat something with meat, like burgers, chicken and stuff like that, but it's not a big issue tho.

Just don't get arrogant since you're vegetarian or vegan, we aren't inherently better then the rest. If I would still eat meat, I doubt that I would have the motivation to stop it now. 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Br O N Y said:

Thank you, I also think about the fact that the animals used for meat production have feelings and emotions just like my pets I really love. From what I remember, I still think meat tastes really good, but the joy I would get from it is nothing compared to the suffering it causes. 

However, I don't judge people in my life who eat meat, since I also did it for the first 17 years of my life, and without my sis, I would still do it. It's also mostly laziness which prevents me from going vegan, cause I would have to learn how to cook and can't just get food at any place I'm atm. It's also difficult to give up some diary foods, like pizza, especially if everyone else around you eats them. Tbh, sometimes it's still a little painful for me to see my family eat something with meat, like burgers, chicken and stuff like that, but it's not a big issue tho.

Just don't get arrogant since you're vegetarian or vegan, we aren't inherently better then the rest. If I would still eat meat, I doubt that I would have the motivation to stop it now. 

Going vegan is a blessing, oxford university research says that a plant based diet can reduce your carbon footprint by 73% and the personal health benefits are staggering you become as healthy as a horse (or pony) ;)

I personally worked in a slaughterhouse and it made me vegetarian then later on I went vegan through research into the egg, dairy and fish industry there is a popular saying on social media that sums why many people go vegan "I went vegan not because I think I'm better than everyone, but because I know I'm not better than anyone else" (paraphrased lol) 
When I stopped eating cheese it about a month before I completely forgot the taste and then later on got into eating vegan cheese with much enjoyment because as far as I remembered it was basically the same to my taste buds. So my advice would be, don't get into vegan cheese until you have forgotten the taste of cheese then order the vegan cheese at Dominos Pizza and you'll be blown away with delight! :pinkie:

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Kind Claw said:

Going vegan is a blessing, oxford university research says that a plant based diet can reduce your carbon footprint by 73% and the personal health benefits are staggering you become as healthy as a horse (or pony) ;)

I personally worked in a slaughterhouse and it made me vegetarian then later on I went vegan through research into the egg, dairy and fish industry there is a popular saying on social media that sums why many people go vegan "I went vegan not because I think I'm better than everyone, but because I know I'm not better than anyone else" (paraphrased lol) 
When I stopped eating cheese it about a month before I completely forgot the taste and then later on got into eating vegan cheese with much enjoyment because as far as I remembered it was basically the same to my taste buds. So my advice would be, don't get into vegan cheese until you have forgotten the taste of cheese then order the vegan cheese at Dominos Pizza and you'll be blown away with delight! :pinkie:

Dominos has vegan cheese? I hope they have that in Australia that would be something I could try.

• Brohoof 1

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:57 PM, Dabmanz said:

Dominos has vegan cheese? I hope they have that in Australia that would be something I could try.

@Dabmanz

I live in Australia and there vegan pizzas are amazing!!
Also there Vegan cheesy garlic bread is divine :D

I went to my first vegan activism workshop the other day it was really good to connect with fellow vegans who want to start engaging with the public.
I personally have been working out everyday to show others that you don't have to eat innocent animals to be strong.

• Brohoof 1

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:36 PM, Dabmanz said:

Hi Just dropping in this is Dabmanz... oh wait I wrote that. :P In any case how you all doing?

Hi Dabmanz sorry I haven't gotten the change to check my lounge it's been a busy time with work and volunteering for a mlp convention in Adelaide.
how have you been?

• Brohoof 1

I got into a civil argument about veganism on canterlotavenue it was in regards to a member (who will be nameless) posting a meme mocking the physical strength of vegans.
What is the strongest land animal? the Elephant in fact the strongest animal in relation to their size is the Hercules Beetle both are herbivorous the stigma that Vegans are weak because they don't eat animals is false not only in terms of physical strength but also mental strength.

Anyway it is true I was arguing in relation to a meme but felt the need to defend a way of life that through science has proven it Is a more sustainable, ethical and healthy lifestyle.

I mean come on! Vegans are weak? What do think? 

On 9/29/2018 at 7:20 AM, Kind Claw said:

Hi Dabmanz sorry I haven't gotten the change to check my lounge it's been a busy time with work and volunteering for a mlp convention in Adelaide.
how have you been?

I have been doing fine thank you how was the convention?

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:36 PM, Dabmanz said:

I have been doing fine thank you how was the convention?

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:01 PM, Dabmanz said:

The New Vegan Cheeseburger at Hungry Jacks is awesome.

The convention was an amazing and unforgettable experience! I made so many friends!! and now things are really looking up :squee:

That vegan cheese burger is pretty good the mayo is spot on and for fast food it's pretty healthy :wub:

• Brohoof 1