Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

TheAnimationFanatic

So, now that Season 8 is winding down (or over for those of us who've seen the early releases) and Season 9 is all but confirmed to be the last, what are your hopes and desires for Season 9. 

Warning: There may be spoilers from the Season 8 finale.

Here's my Wishlist:

• At least one more episode written by Joanna Lewis and Kristine Songco, who were in my opinion, the best writers on the show.
  • One more sister centric episode for Rarity and Sweetie Belle and/or Applejack and Apple Bloom.
  • An episode with Spike, Smolder, and Princess Ember 

What about you guys?

• Brohoof 5

• One more Nightmare Night episode, preferably with Discord. I've love to see what the Master of Chaos can do with the Holiday, might be a fun chance for him to cut a little loose.
  • Can we please get some follow-up on Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon? We haven't gotten anything with them since Season 5, it's way past overdue.
  • I'd like to see a few other characters again before the end too, like Moondancer or Gilda, or Babs Seed.
  • An episode all about Celestia and Luna. We've gotten pretty close with episodes like "A Royal Problem" and "Horse Play", but I mean a full episode where the two of them are the main characters start to finish.
  • I'm stretching for this last one, but maybe Tempest Shadow in an episode? I don't care if they have to hire a new voice actor, I just want to see her again too.

Obviously I'm not expecting all, or even any of these to be fulfilled, I'll be happy as long as the next season is good, these are just a few of the things that would make me extra happy with it.

Edited by BasementSparkle
  • Brohoof 4

- Coloratura returns.

- CMC's teen designs! (overdue)

- The big apple wedding. (BigMac and SugarBelle). *I really don't care if the actual event is shown onscreen, but I would like the event to happen and see how it affects AJ.

• Brohoof 1

I know that it is kind of a long shot, especially since it will most likely be the last season, but i want a Lamiapony episode. Be it an actual race, or be it a Mane 6 being transformed, through twilight/starlight by accident.

Other then that, i hope that the finale will be great. A bad last episode always makes for a bad after taste.

• Brohoof 2

42 minutes ago, BasementSparkle said:
  • Can we please get some follow-up on Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon? We haven't gotten anything with them since Season 5, it's way past overdue.

I know the perfect way they can be used thanks to the Season 8 finale:

Spoiler

They can be recruited to try to reason with Cozy Glow, once power hungry manipulative problem children meet current power hungry manipulative problem child

It's perfect!:-D

And probably never going to happen....:blush:

• Brohoof 1

As a guy with a Changeling OC who officially hasn't gone butterfly, I only wish that Chrysalis would make at least one last appearance. Might be able to give closure between C. Will Guide and her.

• Brohoof 1

I'm fairly certain I care more about Equestria Girls at this point than Friendship is Magic. I'm kinda through with giving this show the benefit of the doubt. Still, a few things I would enjoy, if they're done well: 

• I still would like to see Lightning Dust reformed. I don't think I want to see more Lightning Dust if she doesn't reform. I don't want her to give up her recklessness, but a little more empathy and self-awareness would be appealing.
  • More Cadance. More Cadance? More Cadance. 
  • Rarity/Rainbow Dash episode where they actually get along, please. 
  • Rainbow Dash/Applejack episode where they actually get along, please.
  • Rarity/Applejack episode where they actually get along, please.
  • You know what, just do better with the mane six in general. Baffling that they introduced a whole new gimmick and still seem to have no clue what they're doing with these characters. 
  • Celestia+Luna bonding episode with minimal interference from other characters. 
  • Scootaloo's family
  • Names of Fluttershy's parents
  • Give Limestone Pie a boyfriend!
  • More experimentation in the songs. I swear, if I don't get my full rap song by the end of the show, heads will roll. 
  • More flashbacks to the mane six's past, maybe.
  • Twilight wearing glasses. 
  • A finale which doesn't place all of its focus on spectacle and drama. 
  • I would not mind if Ember and Thorax interacted again. 
  • Diamond Tiara trying to be nice. 
  • Oh, and continue presenting Chrysalis as an incompetent hothead. I swear, she gets better with each appearance. Reforming her would be such a waste of her Wile E. Coyote potential. 
  • More dorky and snarky Twilight. She can be such a drag since becoming an alicorn, so the moments where she just geeks out over something are always refreshing. Just let her be a total nerd, and let her get some of her original snark back.  

A few things which will never happen, but should:

• Sunset cameo
  • LyraBon kiss
  • More non-pony presence in pony urban centres. If I do watch G5, this is one of my main hopes for that series. 
Edited by AlexanderThrond
  • Brohoof 2

1. MORE Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie than in Season 8, definitely. I especially want to see them interact more with the Student Six.
  2. Pinkie Pie and CMCs episode where all four of them solve a friendship problem in Yakyakistan.
  3. NO Babs Seed.
  4. LESS Rarity and Rainbow Dash.
  5. LESS Spike.
  6. All Pinkie Pie episodes are not solos.
6 hours ago, AlexanderThrond said:
  • Rarity/Rainbow Dash episode where they actually get along, please. 
  • Rainbow Dash/Applejack episode where they actually get along, please.
  • Rarity/Applejack episode where they actually get along, please.

They already all have gotten more attention than both of my favorite ponies for at least three seasons so far. IMO, I think a FlutterPie episode is much easier to write than one where the three ponies you mentioned get along just like them. Therefore, I don't want another season where all this happens again, nor do I want any more combo episodes whatsoever for any of these three. Sorry about my behavior, but I can't stand these ponies anymore and I think it's best they're just meant to be this way.

Edited by FirePuppy
  • Brohoof 1

All I ask for is characters from the movie like Princess Skystar Queen Nova even Tempest to return in season 9 so if they do confirm season 9 to be the last season that we would at least see are favorite characters from the move before the series is over if season 9 is the last season then I would be satisfied with the series ending

1. My wish is for Sombra, Grogar, and/or Chrysalis to be involved in some fashion, and to be treated competently as their character development allows.

2. Sapient deer. Not asking for cameos of the comic deer; just want some intelligent deer on the series.

3. Would be nice to have something on the zebras; not just Zecora.

4. That said; at least one more Zecora-centric episode.

5. A cameo of some sort from both Sunset Shimmer AND Tempest Shadow; at least.

6. More StarTrix and RariDash; I just love these two combos. <3

7. More from the Student 6. I really think this group has a lot of potential still left.

4 hours ago, FirePuppy said:
  1. They already all have gotten more attention than both of my favorite ponies for at least three seasons so far. IMO, I think a FlutterPie episode is much easier to write than one where the three ponies you mentioned get along just like them. Therefore, I don't want another season where all this happens again, nor do I want any more combo episodes whatsoever for any of these three. Sorry about my behavior, but I can't stand these ponies anymore and I think it's best they're just meant to be this way.

You can feel however you want, but Rainbow and Rarity are two of my favourite characters, and I’d prefer to see them act more maturely.

13 minutes ago, AlexanderThrond said:

You can feel however you want, but Rainbow and Rarity are two of my favourite characters, and I’d prefer to see them act more maturely.

Even if you don't care, I certainly won't be happy if the staff keeps giving both of them the same big number of roles like in Season 8 and not enough for the other main characters. They're not meant to be side characters, you know.

Just now, FirePuppy said:

Even if you don't care, I certainly won't be happy if the staff keeps giving both of them the same big number of roles like in Season 8 and not enough for the other main characters. They're not meant to be side characters, you know.

I really don’t feel the others are treated that way.