Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

TheAnimationFanatic

Not all of these are likely to happen, but all of these would be great:

Twilight's old Canterlot friends reappear

Another background pony episode like "Slice of Life" for episode 200

Big Mac and Sugar Belle get married

Zecora's origin story

The pony counterparts of the Shadowbolt 5 (Sour Sweet, Indigo Zap, Sugarcoat, Lemon Zest, Sunny Flare) appear in FiM

More Autumn Blaze (Please don't let her be a one-shot character!!!)

Sunset Shimmer appears in FiM

Tempest Shadow appears

Queen Chrysalis returns for revenge once more

More StarTrix

Zephyr Breeze reappears

Scootaloo's family finally appears

Fluttershy's parents reappear and are given full names

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon trying to change their ways and become nice

An episode focused solely on Celestia and Luna

An episode focused on Cadance and/or Shining Armor

One more Flim and Flam episode

A three-part finale!!!

• Brohoof 3

Defiantly an apple themed wedding with big Mac and sugarbelle. But grand pair has to give sugarbelle away since he never got to with pair butter and it will reconcile all the wrong doings of the families past. (Then an awkward glance between granny Smith and grand pair that gets no further mention or screen time but ends the episode leaving us all wondering..:bea:..) 

Some cadence, shining armor, flurry heart shenanigans. 

A big super villain (probably groger) who kicks major pony ass but gets stopped by the student 6. And they also get a magic makeover like the equestrian girls do. 

Spoiler

Ahhh it was so refreshing seeing tirek in season 8 finally

Sunset shimmer in equestria!!!!

A groundhogs day themes episode. They are always so fun. 

AUTUMN BLAZE!!!!!!!!

• Brohoof 1

23 hours ago, shyabetes3939 said:

Not all of these are likely to happen, but all of these would be great:

Twilight's old Canterlot friends reappear

Another background pony episode like "Slice of Life" for episode 200

Big Mac and Sugar Belle get married

Zecora's origin story

The pony counterparts of the Shadowbolt 5 (Sour Sweet, Indigo Zap, Sugarcoat, Lemon Zest, Sunny Flare) appear in FiM

More Autumn Blaze (Please don't let her be a one-shot character!!!)

Sunset Shimmer appears in FiM

Tempest Shadow appears

Queen Chrysalis returns for revenge once more

More StarTrix

Zephyr Breeze reappears

Scootaloo's family finally appears

Fluttershy's parents reappear and are given full names

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon trying to change their ways and become nice

An episode focused solely on Celestia and Luna

An episode focused on Cadance and/or Shining Armor

One more Flim and Flam episode

A three-part finale!!!

• I'd rather have Applejack react to Big Mac and Sugar Belle's relationship.
  • Sunset Shimmer and The Shadowbolts are clearly Equestria Girls only characters. They most likely won't get pony counterparts.
  • Guest characters, like Autumn Blaze, will stay guest characters. It's not likely they'll get another full appearance.
  • Tempest Shadow is a Movie only character. Despite being mentioned in one episode, she will always stay a Movie only character.

I also must warn all you fans that no matter who your favorite characters are (like AlexanderThrond's are Rainbow and Rarity, FlareGun45's is Spike, and mine are Fluttershy and Pinkie, and there's many Starlight fans too), we're all gonna get the exact same episodes together.

Edited by FirePuppy
  • Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:
  • I'd rather have Applejack react to Big Mac and Sugar Belle's relationship.
  • Sunset Shimmer and The Shadowbolts are clearly Equestria Girls only characters. They most likely won't get pony counterparts.
  • Guest characters, like Autumn Blaze, will stay guest characters. It's not likely they'll get another full appearance.
  • Tempest Shadow is a Movie only character. Despite being mentioned in one episode, she will always stay a Movie only character.

I also must warn all you fans that no matter who your favorite characters are (like AlexanderThrond's are Rainbow and Rarity, FlareGun45's is Spike, and mine are Fluttershy and Pinkie, and there's many Starlight fans too), we're all gonna get the exact same episodes together. Rainbow, Applejack and Rarity each got the least of one of the first 3 seasons; as of after that, we had more of them than Pinkie and Fluttershy within even-numbered seasons, so it's expected the latter two will be more present in Season 9 than in Season 8.

Stop telling people what to expect as if you already seen Season 9. No one's seen it and all we literally have to go by is that season 9 exists

Edited by This Whomps

3 minutes ago, This Whomps said:

Stop telling people what to expect as if you already seen Season 9. No one's seen it and all we literally have to go by is that season 9 exists

Fine, I removed the last part of it.

Some more:

• Gimmicks. This show has changed so much, but it uses the same predictable plot structures, and way too often builds episodes as fables, which I think is a major source of bad character writing. I'd love the show to do more quirky stuff like "The Saddle Row Review." 
  • Episode where one of the mane six solves a problem of Starlight's. In the entire show, I think that happened maybe once. 

Another thing on my wishlist (That I just know will NEVER happen), is for Queen Chrysalis to be defeated by Twilight, Shining, and Cadence. It would be a fittingly personal end for the characters.

12 hours ago, AlexanderThrond said:

• Episode where one of the mane six solves a problem of Starlight's. In the entire show, I think that happened maybe once. 

I think having Starlight being captured by Queen Chrysalis and having to be rescued by Twilight and her family would be perfect.

Edited by Theanimationfanatic

17 hours ago, Theanimationfanatic said:

I think having Starlight being captured by Queen Chrysalis and having to be rescued by Twilight and her family would be perfect.

I had a slice-of-life/sitcom episode in mind, but okay, that would also be satisfying. 

• Brohoof 1

Main wishlist

1. Lightning Dust becomes good and join with Rainbow Dash
  2. Big Mac and Sugar Belle wedding
  3. Grogar appearance 
  4. Twilight becomes the true princess of friendship
  5. Ends with friendship things based on G1.

Note: Anything related to School Raze will be behind the Spoilers

- Obviously More Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie(Especially Pinkie acting like Bugs Bunny)

-The Student Six getting their own Friendship Mission

-Another Rarity/Pinkie Pie team up.  I enjoyed them in Season 6, I wanna see more.

-Another Starlight/Trixie team up.  Pit them against the Flim Flam brothers for once.

-Maybe another Starlight/Celestia team up

-More Discord

And now, the Spoilerish Wish-list

Spoiler

-A Tear Jerker/Heartwarming redemption arc for Tirek and Cozy Glow

-Hell, give Tirek, Cozy Glow and Discord a Friendship Mission involving Scorpan

-As with Tirek and Cozy Glow, Queen Chrysalis having a similar redemption arc

-Starlight taking up Cozy glow as her apprentice to help show he that she too went down that same path

-And of course, Mark Hamill as Grogar(I wish.  XP)

7 hours ago, SaburoDaimando said:

Note: Anything related to School Raze will be behind the Spoilers

- Obviously More Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie(Especially Pinkie acting like Bugs Bunny)

-The Student Six getting their own Friendship Mission

-Another Rarity/Pinkie Pie team up.  I enjoyed them in Season 6, I wanna see more.

-Another Starlight/Trixie team up.  Pit them against the Flim Flam brothers for once.

-Maybe another Starlight/Celestia team up

-More Discord

And now, the Spoilerish Wish-list

Reveal hidden contents

-A Tear Jerker/Heartwarming redemption arc for Tirek and Cozy Glow

-Hell, give Tirek, Cozy Glow and Discord a Friendship Mission involving Scorpan

-As with Tirek and Cozy Glow, Queen Chrysalis having a similar redemption arc

-Starlight taking up Cozy glow as her apprentice to help show he that she too went down that same path

-And of course, Mark Hamill as Grogar(I wish.  XP)

I do agree about the Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie part and I also think one more Starlight/Trixie team up is okay (as long as it only takes place in Ponyville), and the Discord part is also a great choice. The rest (including everything in your "Spoilerish Wish-list") I disagree on.

• 2 months later...
On 9/10/2018 at 12:31 PM, AlexanderThrond said:

I really don’t feel the others are treated that way.

Of course they are!

Fluttershy hardly did anything at all in Sounds of Silence, and Pinkie hardly did anything at all in Yakity Sax. The only other episodes they each had in that last season were The Maud Couple and Fake It Til You Make It, which both were not very good.

If Rainbow, Rarity and Applejack keep getting a giant number of leading roles like you suggested, that would be even more unfair for fans of the other members of the Mane Six, like me. So no matter how much you are a fan of Dashie or Rarity, you have to let fans of the other characters be happy too.

12 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

Fluttershy hardly did anything at all in Sounds of Silence, and Pinkie hardly did anything at all in Yakity Sax. The only other episodes they each had in that last season were The Maud Couple and Fake It Til You Make It, which both were not very good.

I mean, you're not wrong, but I don't think that means as much as you think it means; they still had decent supporting roles and came up in all of the episodes the mane six spent together. I mean, they were in "Best Gift Ever" and Starlight wasn't, after all. That said, maybe my perspective is skewed by "Equestria Girls," where the cast is much smaller so the focus is more equal. 

12 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

If Rainbow, Rarity and Applejack keep getting a giant number of leading roles like you suggested, that would be even more unfair for fans of the other members of the Mane Six, like me. So no matter how much you are a fan of Dashie or Rarity, you have to let fans of the other characters be happy too.

Whoa, back up. I want specific Rainbow, Rarity, and Applejack episodes, not a "giant number" of them. My ideal would be for each main character to get an equal number of focus episodes. I love Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy and absolutely want to see more of them, but I don't want Rarity or Rainbow Dash to go away. 

With a Pinkie Pie/Fluttershy team up episode, I didn't find their dynamic interesting in "Buckball Season," but I'd love to see a better version of it in a new episode, as long as it doesn't involve a bunch of bickering. (I really do think that's likely what we'd get out of such an episode, not that it's any different from what other characters would give us.) I think each of the mane six should have a well-developed and humorous dynamic with each other. 

• Brohoof 2

A "Spitfire meets Daring Do" episode and a "Rainbow Dash wants to feel pretty" episode

1 hour ago, Midnight Solace said:

I want more Rainbow Dash and Twilight episodes. It's always cool to see the egghead and the athlete working together. :twismile:

They have some of the best chemistry in the show and it annoys me how they're not as utilized as other pairings in the show

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, This Whomps said:

They have some of the best chemistry in the show and it annoys me how they're not as utilized as other pairings in the show

Ignoring certain recent episodes, I'd actually call it my least favourite Rainbow Dash dynamic of the mane six, but that's a testament to how strong Rainbow's chemistry is with the entire main cast, or at least was until season 8. Wouldn't complain about more of that either. 

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Midnight Solace said:

I want more Rainbow Dash and Twilight episodes. It's always cool to see the egghead and the athlete working together. :twismile:

No way on that!

Can't you even see how much Rainbow Dash has done compared to the other main cast in the last season?

3 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

No way on that!

Can't you even see how much Rainbow Dash has done compared to the other main cast in the last season?

She appeared in many episodes because the animators used her as an antagonist, mainly because they were running out of bad guys. She did not interact with Twily much in the last episode, and it kinda disappointed me. I like to see them together, they make the perfect ship. But still, I just want to see Twilight and Dashie working together again, like in Top Bolt. Take it easy, It's just what I would like to see before FiM ends.

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Midnight Solace said:

She appeared in many episodes because the animators used her as an antagonist, mainly because they were running out of bad guys.

This is one of the things I definitely wish to see less of because it just can't keep going on like this.

Edited by FirePuppy