Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

TheAnimationFanatic

16 hours ago, AlexanderThrond said:

Ignoring certain recent episodes, I'd actually call it my least favourite Rainbow Dash dynamic of the mane six, but that's a testament to how strong Rainbow's chemistry is with the entire main cast, or at least was until season 8. Wouldn't complain about more of that either. 

STILL is.

I want season 9 to either learn how to make a good story arc or just not bother. MLP has never had a satisfying one season story arc because that's not what the show wants to be.

The Crystal Empire could've set up a story arc based on the concepts introduced, but the season kept with simple slice of life. Twilight becoming an alicorn was ignored during season 4. Starlight was ignored during season 5 and didn't get as much development as she should've during season 6. There wasn't even a story arc in season 7 until halfway through. Season 8 tried to have its story arc run through the entire season, but the students never pushed past basic archetypes even after the entire season and Cozy never pushed past a generic kid antagonist.

This show has proven that it doesn't care about its story arcs, so the best thing it can do is focus on what it's good at and cut out the fluff.

1 hour ago, Theanimationfanatic said:

STILL is.

I'll admit that she was fun with Applejack in "Grannies Gone Wild" and with Twilight in "The Washouts," but "The End in Friend" was explicitly about how weak her relationship with Rarity is, and even you don't like "Non-Compete Clause." But she does have a strong base with all of her friends that I don't think is true of, say, Applejack. 

2 hours ago, Soccer star 123 said:

I just want every character to have a chance to shine.

Many fans do, but with so many characters now here as of S8, it's just not as easy as it was very early in the show.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, FirePuppy said:

Many fans do, but with so many characters now here as of S8, it's just not as easy as it was very early in the show.

It’s true  sadly.  Not  everyone will get a chance to shine in season 9. But  I at least hope everyone does something. 

On 12/22/2018 at 4:22 PM, Soccer star 123 said:

It’s true  sadly.  Not  everyone will get a chance to shine in season 9. But  I at least hope everyone does something. 

I think there's a chance for everyone to shine in season 9! It just takes the correct writing methods and the correct story! Are these writers smart enough to pull it off though? ;)

This is a stretch, but I'd like to see one of the mane six turn into a Nightmare version of themselves.  They could have something extreme happen that drives them to it, or maybe causes them to turn against their own will (kind of like in the comics).  Having to fight their own friend would be great character development for the other five.  And that's an arc they could do in two or three episodes.

Edited by SBaby

1. See Sombra 
  2. See Grogar 
  3. See Luna and Celestia in action
  4. Discord finally getting his moment to shine 
  5. Chrysalis getting her revenge and so her defeat
  6. No reformations
  7. Sunset coming back to Equestria in the show
  8. The sirens return to Equestria 
  9. A emotional ending of the show
  10. Spike moving on about Rarity
  11. Rarity getting a boyfriend, stallion
  12. The rest is about music:
  • Some music made by fans, like MelodicPony, Aurelleah, Aeplise etc.
  • Returning music from previous seasons
  • Performed by a real orchestra
  • Daniel collaborating with other artists
Edited by Hierok

• 2 weeks later...

With how long the cartoon has gone on, I really can't say that I have big wishes I'd like to see it fulfilling. Most of what the cartoon will throw my way next season will be a bonus.

The only things I fell the cartoon could still do, or do better than it has already done are only two:

1- If the Student Six will still remain, I would like to see an episode where they're just being together, so that they can interact without a bigger plot over them. In a similar way Discord, Starlight Glimmer, Trixie and Thorax did in To Where and Back Again.

2- It would make a very happy fan if the cartoon let Celestia have a moment of awesomeness. And I mean REALLY let her have HER moment. She is said to rule Equestria, and to be the one that can raise the sun, but I don't really know what is her weight in the cartoon's universe. Since I doubt that Celestia is going to fix the problem of income inequality, federal debt, health care and poverty any time soon; and that her ability to raise the sun is basically moot because nobody really cares as far as the cartoon is concerned, I would like to see a negative example of the effect she has on the world.

What happens if Celestia vanishes? I can't, off the top of my head, think of an episode that isn't worried with another plot to really let this develop, and there were episodes were that should've mattered. For example, in A Royal Problem, Celestia's job is played for laughs and the worst that happens because she wasn't there is that Luna commits a few social gaffes; and in Cutie Re-Mark ponies don't even care that Nightmare Moon banished her (gods know how), and the episode doesn't even bother to show that the plant life is dead, or anything of the sort.

Failing that, how about just letting her properly kick someone's ass? After this season where she simply lowered her head to some jerk and the season's villain was a child. Or even easier: actually showing that Celestia sitting at that throne has a positive effect on Equestria, because she actually knows what she is doing with her crown.

5 minutes ago, Metemponychosis said:

With how long the cartoon has gone on, I really can't say that I have big wishes I'd like to see it fulfilling. Most of what the cartoon will throw my way next season will be a bonus.

The only things I fell the cartoon could still do, or do better than it has already done are only two:

1- If the Student Six will still remain, I would like to see an episode where they're just being together, so that they can interact without a bigger plot over them. In a similar way Discord, Starlight Glimmer, Trixie and Thorax did in To Where and Back Again.

2- It would make a very happy fan if the cartoon let Celestia have a moment of awesomeness. And I mean REALLY let her have HER moment. She is said to rule Equestria, and to be the one that can raise the sun, but I don't really know what is her weight in the cartoon's universe. Since I doubt that Celestia is going to fix the problem of income inequality, federal debt, health care and poverty any time soon; and that her ability to raise the sun is basically moot because nobody really cares as far as the cartoon is concerned, I would like to see a negative example of the effect she has on the world.

What happens if Celestia vanishes? I can't, off the top of my head, think of an episode that isn't worried with another plot to really let this develop, and there were episodes were that should've mattered. For example, in A Royal Problem, Celestia's job is played for laughs and the worst that happens because she wasn't there is that Luna commits a few social gaffes; and in Cutie Re-Mark ponies don't even care that Nightmare Moon banished her (gods know how), and the episode doesn't even bother to show that the plant life is dead, or anything of the sort.

Failing that, how about just letting her properly kick someone's ass? After this season where she simply lowered her head to some jerk and the season's villain was a child. Or even easier: actually showing that Celestia sitting at that throne has a positive effect on Equestria, because she actually knows what she is doing with her crown.

I have to agree with both. Seeing the Young Six having just some time to spend together is good. And Celestia could use a hero episode.

Some more mane 6 episodes, less school, more episodes with the princesses.

speaking of princesses i'd like another flurry heart episode, to see whats up I guess.

so yeah

idk

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

Well, Minty and Toon Boom Horses are off the list. Now, Ambermoon and Lilymoon, and bat poneh are practically the last things I want to see in FIM before the end  :adorkable:

On 12/26/2018 at 3:39 AM, Hierok said:
  1. See Sombra 
  2. See Grogar 
  3. See Luna and Celestia in action
  4. Discord finally getting his moment to shine 
  5. Chrysalis getting her revenge and so her defeat
  6. No reformations
  7. Sunset coming back to Equestria in the show
  8. The sirens return to Equestria 
  9. A emotional ending of the show
  10. Spike moving on about Rarity
  11. Rarity getting a boyfriend, stallion
  12. The rest is about music:
  • Some music made by fans, like MelodicPony, Aurelleah, Aeplise etc.
  • Returning music from previous seasons
  • Performed by a real orchestra
  • Daniel collaborating with other artists
Spoiler

Well, you can scratch the first two  at least :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2018 at 12:52 AM, lyrabetes3939 said:

Not all of these are likely to happen, but all of these would be great:

Twilight's old Canterlot friends reappear

Another background pony episode like "Slice of Life" for episode 200

Big Mac and Sugar Belle get married

Zecora's origin story

The pony counterparts of the Shadowbolt 5 (Sour Sweet, Indigo Zap, Sugarcoat, Lemon Zest, Sunny Flare) appear in FiM

More Autumn Blaze (Please don't let her be a one-shot character!!!)

Sunset Shimmer appears in FiM

Tempest Shadow appears

Queen Chrysalis returns for revenge once more

More StarTrix

Zephyr Breeze reappears

Scootaloo's family finally appears

Fluttershy's parents reappear and are given full names

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon trying to change their ways and become nice

An episode focused solely on Celestia and Luna

An episode focused on Cadance and/or Shining Armor

One more Flim and Flam episode

A three-part finale!!!

I agree with ONE HUNDRED PERCENT of this besides Startrix. We SO need more of Flim and Flam, Autumn Blaze, Zephyr Breeze, Tempest Shadow, Queen Chrysalis and Twilight's Canterlot friends, and yes, of course, Zecora's backstory, and that Big Mac and Sugar Belle should get married! One HUNDRED percent yes!

• Brohoof 1

On 2/27/2019 at 7:15 PM, Steve Piranha said:

Hide contents

Well, you can scratch the first two  at least :mlp_icwudt:

Yeah, I'm finally excited for mlp again!!! :ticking: