Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Queen Chrysalis pretty?

DivineMist1000

If only her attitude was as good as you see her appearance.

Too soon to show a color picture of a hypothetical Butterfly Queen Chrysalis. Darn this black and white "curse"

• Brohoof 5

15 minutes ago, Dreambiscuit said:

She has beauty in her character (even though she's a nasty thing). Inner beauty translates to outer beauty and so I would say yes, she is pretty. 

I hope in one of these episodes, she can reform. That would be so awesome

• Brohoof 2

Just now, DivineLuna1000 said:

I hope in one of these episodes, she can reform. That would be so awesome

Noooo! Please no! She's the last hold-out. We gotta have some baddies in Equestria, just to keep it interesting. And she's got such style as a villainess. 

But don't worry, I have total confidence she'll reform, they haven't missed one yet. :mlp_pout:

• Brohoof 4

8 minutes ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Noooo! Please no! She's the last hold-out. We gotta have some baddies in Equestria, just to keep it interesting. And she's got such style as a villainess. 

But don't worry, I have total confidence she'll reform, they haven't missed one yet. :mlp_pout:

Even if she doesn't, she'll go down as the best MLP villain!

• Brohoof 4

Objectively ("objectively", if you prefer) speaking, no, she is not pretty. The very purpose of her grotesque design is to make her stand out as a villain. I'm sure there are plenty of talented artists though who could make her look adorable. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 2

Chrysalis has been designed to look alien while also being aesthetically pleasing. She's slender, tall, with big eyes and long neck. The hairstyle is arranged in such a way that a lock of hair falls between her green eyes with what looks like eyeshadow makeup.

It's not so hard to realize what they were going for with her design.

Edited by They call me Loyalty
  • Brohoof 3

27 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some will find Chrysalis beautiful while others will find her hideous.

I think she's beautiful and definitely the best MLP villain.

1 hour ago, Pr0m4NV14 said:

I dunno. Her hair looks kinda greasy and she looks like she did some sort of drugs. 

Yeah I know, they're calling it "magic" these days!:orly:

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some will find Chrysalis beautiful while others will find her hideous.

In a particular light maybe? :laugh:

.....No. No she isn't. Of course not. Pre-reform changelings in general are depicted as evil hideous grotesque beings and, as revealed in the season 6 finale, are regarded in-universe as literally starving and incomplete. A surprising amount of Chrysalis fans still see her as a monarch who wants the best for her subjects, rather than the monstrous tyrant she truly is. https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/731527/why-mommy-chrysalis-is-dead-a-rant-on-certain-chrysalis-fans I have here an editorial written by a friend of mine on FIMFiction, detailing why the concept of "Mommy Chrysalis" is not only dead, but is and always has been flat out WRONG.

Edited by ggg-2

13 minutes ago, Lord Valtasar said:

I really like both her voice(she's Trixie of course i like her voice) and her design, that green saddle-like thing kinda bugs me but the rest is flawless

And I'm sure Chryssie would just "love" to meet you for that comment

IMG_0456.JPG

• Brohoof 3

32 minutes ago, starrymiss said:

I like her design and think she's really cute!

I thought her voice was a little smoker's voice-y though. It added to her whole image.

Well in Chryssie's case, her drug is love and she's definitely addicted to it!

• Brohoof 3