Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Theory on why the Royal Guard has been useless (slight School Raze spoilers)

ggg-2

After watching School Raze, i think i get why the Royal Guard has been useless up until now. A majority of the fandom seems to prefer the action-based episodes like the premieres and finales. Let's face it, if the Royal Guard did their job correctly before School Raze, the way i see it, it would put the Mane 6 out of a job. Thoughts?

• The title was changed to Theory on why the Royal Guard has been useless (slight School Raze spoilers)

It’s not an uncommon trope to make some form of professionals being written as incompetents in favor to the main characters. However, it’s quite annoying, as they rarely are given any depth at all

Really they are just for show. equestria is a utopia that has had peace and prosperity for a thousand years. The guard exist so no one tries anything but never expects to or knows how to actually do anything (ie when the princesses went missing they shat their pants and asked twilight what to do.) When an event does come up it is way beyond their paygrade, like tirek.

Spoiler

or tireks plans through a pen pal.

On 9/11/2018 at 6:03 AM, ggg-2 said:

After watching School Raze, i think i get why the Royal Guard has been useless up until now. A majority of the fandom seems to prefer the action-based episodes like the premieres and finales. Let's face it, if the Royal Guard did their job correctly before School Raze, the way i see it, it would put the Mane 6 out of a job. Thoughts?

The Mane Six was out of job all the time in this finale.