Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Longest Gaming Drought

Phosphor

I took about a 6 year hiatus from gaming during and after college. Life got incredibly busy and stressful as I was working my way thru college and establishing a career. I returned to casually playing video games a few years ago after things settled down. I still don't play near as much as I did as a teenager, tho.

Anybody else go thru a long period of time without touching a video game?

Yes, I know exactly how you feel man... well maybe not to that extreme. Life got busy roughly half a year a go or so and ever since then I can't find the time nor drive to setup a game anymore, with the exception of World of Warcraft with my best friend. Usually I just sit on YouTube all day, and when I find some drive to setup a game, it only lasts an hour before I turn it off and go back to YouTube.

• Brohoof 1

Hardly any time for games since I work, I don't know how I'll have any room during college!

Planned matches or events on these forums would be a great way to touch into moments what was thought to be lost.

I maybe up for a game of 'ARK' :toldya:

• Brohoof 1

I haven't played a video game since my first roommate moved out a year ago, and I don't plan to play again anytime soon. I don't like gaming and only participate as a favor to others, and right now that's not a factor. So I'm blissfully free of it for the foreseeable future, I hope.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

I guess I'm lucky. I've been going through one. Technically it's been about 4 months as of right now. But that may end soon enough if my dad fixes my computer. At least I'll have a few games, namely: 

• Fallout New Vegas
  • Borderlands
  • Borderlands 2
  • Team Fortress 2

Also I may have a Game Boy Color emulator and a Game Boy Advance emulator. It's potentially possible as well that I may have a working DS emulator.

Edited by Santa Barik
  • Brohoof 1

2014 was a particularly terrible year for gaming that wasn't Nintendo. Only games I remember getting was Smash and Bayonetta(though there were other notable games like South Park and Mario Kart 8). In fact I remember a lot of big games that year being really underwhelming Dragon Age, Shadow of Mordor, the original Titanfall, Assassin's Creed Unity, Lightning Returns, Metal Gear Ground Zeroes being a glorified demo

• Brohoof 1

Close to three years and counting. I haven't delved deeply into a game since Legends Of Equestria did it's open server betas. I dedicated whole weekends to that. But even before then my interest in games waned, so it'd be closer to six years. I gave them up as I had felt they were part of the reason I flunked college. And with me advancing in work from part time to full time to over time, along with my other interests and of course spending time on here, I no longer have the time to dedicate towards being an avid gamer anymore. If I'm gonna pick up a game again, I'd like to do it justice by dedicating the time I need to be fully invested. 

• Brohoof 1

The longest I've ever gone without gaming is a week. It was self-imposed but you can be sure I'll never go through that again. Gaming is my lifeblood and I don't go a day without it. :P

• Brohoof 1

I’ve became less interested in video games these last few years because of the lack of content, quality and flood of microtransactions. In addition, just the overall style of games lately I’m not interested in. I like modern games set in a realist environment, but lately it’s all futuristic settings or alternat realities.

I also don’t get that much time to play with working full time.

• Brohoof 1

Back a few years ago, I went without games for almost an entire year. That meant not logging into Steam and such.

• Brohoof 1

I went a few years without gaming mostly cause I didn’t really have a counsel to play on.... (other the my  3ds but I didn’t like playing on it much) finally got my PS3 back in 2014?

Now I play on Steam mostly. 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

If I omit mobile games, I didn't play about 6 months because I started trying making games, then I got into 3D. Now I play on weekends

I remember times when even one day without playing games was a torture for young me, I would throw a tantrum when my mom wouldn't let me play because of bad marks. Thankfully I overgrew it

• Brohoof 1