Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hurricane Florence

Creamy Arty

The dog days are not over.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/dangerous-category-4-hurricane-florence-likely-to-stall-and-pound-carolinas-virginia-for-days/70006011

4FA7D349-D55B-4D30-88F8-511C3FF4322F.jpeg

As most of you may know, what began as a tropical storm and is now a category 4 hurricane is making its way towards the US east coast. Areas affected are the Carolinas, Maryland, and Virginia. I'm in Richmond, Virginia, located in the dark orange band of the above image. We aren't supposed to get the worst of it, but from what I've heard it's going to suck. Last I knew, Florence is supposed to reach us sometime Thursday.

I hope all of you in the affected areas are prepared or evacuated.

• Brohoof 11

• The topic was pinned

Not often you get storms that strong with effects reaching that far north. 

If any of you on the Carolina and Virginia coasts are reading this, I do recommend leaving and leaving now. No guarantee you'll have a way out if you leave it till Wednesday night. 

• Brohoof 3

Now they're saying it could possibly make landfall as a cat 5. I have an aunt who lives right smack in the storm's projected path too, her house is practically on the beach. Hopefully she gets the heck outta there. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

I use to think being around 100 miles or so away from the coast would keep me safe from a hurricane. Hurricane Katrina proved me wrong. If you do plan to stay, have supplies, a backup plan, and a generator with fuel on standby. Stay safe out there.

• Brohoof 2

I'm currently in the path of this hurricane, so me and my dad have been working all day outside digging and other important tasks to prepare for it. I'm a few hours inland, but I'm also still in the red zone.

I also have plenty of family members in the red zone like my grandparents and cousins. They are also a few hours inland, but still in danger if the storm hits extremely hard on the red zone.

I have a feeling my weekend won't be a pleasant one, unless the hurricane losses it's strength very rapidly before it hits the center of North Carolina.

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, EpicEnergy said:

I'm currently in the path of this hurricane, so me and my dad have been working all day outside digging and other important tasks to prepare for it. I'm a few hours inland, but I'm also still in the red zone.

I also have plenty of family members in the red zone like my grandparents and cousins. They are also a few hours inland, but still in danger if the storm hits extremely hard on the red zone.

I have a feeling my weekend won't be a pleasant one, unless the hurricane losses it's strength very rapidly before it hits the center of North Carolina.

Be careful man 

• Brohoof 1

Latest information that I could find.

Current models predict that the hurricane will glance the lower coast of Virginia and miss the rest of the state. Both Carolinas are still in extreme danger.

My fellow Virginians should not take much solace in this. Florence predictions have changed drastically for better and for worse over the past few days. We won't know what's really going to happen until it comes to pass. Be prepared for a catastrophe, even if the current predictions show that you're going to be safe.

• Brohoof 2

• The topic was featured

Guys seriously, do NOT hang around for this. Get out if at all possible. Please do not risk your life just to keep an eye on your things or property.

They are just objects, and can be replaced. But you cannot be replaced. Board up your windows and go elsewhere if you can.

And whatever you do, NEVER EVER CROSS MOVING WATER IN A CAR!! It doesn’t even take an inch to sweep your vehicle away.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 6

It's down to a Category 3. Still that's bad, but we still have time. Hopefully it continues to die down. I'm right in Charlotte...so we've just been stocking up stuff. Duke Energy says over 400k customers will lose power, but I do have faith the power will not be affected. 

• Brohoof 1

My area experiences the same kind of storms under a different name. These are no joke as they can cause quite the devastation, one recemtly struck days ago and a lot of people are homeless.

Hope these people living in these affected areas stay safe.

• Brohoof 1

Please be safe out there!! The path of this thing keeps changing.. So keep an eye on it!!!!

Also don't be out in this when it hits,unless (like me) you are a first responder...its not safe!!

Be safe out there!!

• Brohoof 3