Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hurricane Florence

Creamy Arty

Florence has gone down to category 2, but to quote this article...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/09/13/us/hurricane-florence-south-east-coast-wxc/index.html

“And don't be fooled by the fact that Florence has weakened slightly to a strong Category 2 hurricane. Categories only represent the speed of sustained winds, and these are still destructive.

‘I don't care if this goes down to a Category 1. We're still going to have a Category 4 storm surge,’ CNN meteorologist Chad Myers said.”

• Brohoof 1

Finally got back home.... no power..but house is fine.

now over 840,000 with no power...

Now to get the wife settled and head out to start recovery work..

Be safe out there!!

• Brohoof 5

As a Floridian whose lived through countless hurricanes, I understand the fear and worry that arises during and after these storms. Most important thing is to keep your head held up high and just have faith that everything will get better, cause it will! Although the storm has faded to a tropical storm, there's still plenty of damage to recover from. To all those affected, I wish you all the best! 

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, TransitPony said:

Has anyone felt like this hurricane was over-hyped by the media? Because Florence wasn't as devastating as it seemed to be.

That's not really a bad thing. If the media hypes it up, then people will take it, and by extension their own saftey and preparations, seriously.

If the damage isn't as bad, great. But in case it does, it's good to have people be worried.  

• Brohoof 3

My father was actually working in North Carolina the day the hurricane struck. Thankfully, he evacuated in time and made it back home.

• Brohoof 4

30 minutes ago, Venomous said:

My father was actually working in North Carolina the day the hurricane struck. Thankfully, he evacuated in time and made it back home.

I'm glad that he was able to make it out in time.

• Brohoof 3