• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

https://mlpforums.com/calendar/event/42-%7B%3F%7D/?module=events

Title: Dragon Quest
Air Date: March 17, 2012
Synopsis: Spike goes on a journey of self-discovery by joining the Great Dragon Migration. But does a rough and tumble gang of teenage dragons really hold the key to the questions Spike has about his identity?

Another Spike episode ey? Sounds good to me, especially considering that we're likely to see a few adult dragons, in addition to more unique lands beyond that of Ponyville. Also, by the sounds of the title, there's possibly some RPG references incoming too. Edited by DashForever

This episode's premise has me feeling a little stumped as to where it might lead to. Unlike other episodes, where the blurb gives plenty of launch-off points, this one...doesn't quite so much.

For example, what exactly is this Great Dragon Migration? Is it akin to bird migrations where it is a bi-annual movement of dragons from one part of the world to another? Or is this a unique event, dragons moving out of more populated lands to settle in some unpopulated new land elsewhere on the globe? How far will it take Spike from Ponyville, and if it takes him super far away, how does he get back, because we all know he's going to end up back with Twilight by the end of the episode.

Why does Spike join the migration? Is this another case of him running away from home, a repeat of what we saw in Owl's Well That Ends Well? Or is it something deeper, him questioning his own identity as a dragon versus the way he's grown up living amongst ponies his whole life? Will there be plenty of soul-searching on Spike's part?

How much will the relationship between he and Twilight be touched upon? This entire season has had an individual focus for the most part rather than the group focus the first season had, a focus that while good in its own right has left a few episodes feeling like they're missing something. I hope that this episode touches greatly on the relationship between the two, as Sisterhoove Social did for Rarity and Sweetie Belle.

In any event I'm looking forward to this episode. I had a Spike analysis I'd whipped up a couple weeks ago or so, but it was so abysmal that I wanted to rewrite it entirely, and an episode like this, if it does involve a lot of character development, would give me much more fuel than what I have so far. He is so difficult for me to understand, compared to the Mane Six. I wish to understand him better.

I have a feeling that this episode should offer some amazing expansion on either the FiM universe or at least the nature of the characters and relationships between characters (namely, the Twilight-Spike dynamic).

No matter which way it goes, I can't imagine it will be bad! Season 2 has been impressing me left and right so far, so another dragon-centric episode should be awesome. Hopefully we'll at last leave with some more definitive knowledge on dragon culture, and even the connection between dragons and Canterlot academics.

"Spike joins the Great Dragon Migration to discover his true identity, but it might not be what he really needs."

Hmmm, but it might not be what he really needs, this sure is interesting. Giving us a hook to allow for a little suspense/speculation, I see what they did there xD. Sounds like another great episode though! I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens with spike :P Also its good to get some background information on this Great Dragon Migration thing.

It'll be interesting to hear a little more about Dragon mythology, I think.

Yeah. I just hope I don't have to see grown up Spike again. I didn't like that at all D:

I have a feeling that this episode should offer some amazing expansion on either the FiM universe or at least the nature of the characters and relationships between characters (namely, the Twilight-Spike dynamic).

No matter which way it goes, I can't imagine it will be bad! Season 2 has been impressing me left and right so far, so another dragon-centric episode should be awesome. Hopefully we'll at last leave with some more definitive knowledge on dragon culture, and even the connection between dragons and Canterlot academics.

Yup, im expecting a lot of both world and character building. That kind of stuff little girls dont care about but we love so much. I'm looking forward to this episode

This sounds like an interesting episode!

A Spike Centric ep 'ey...This should be interesting.

Another Spike episode, it should be interesting

Well well...This guarantees to be rather interesting indeed.

It'll be interesting to hear a little more about Dragon mythology, I think.

Hmmm, but it might not be what he really needs, this sure is interesting. Giving us a hook to allow for a little suspense/speculation, I see what they did there xD. Sounds like another great episode though! I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens with spike :P Also its good to get some background information on this Great Dragon Migration thing.

Was there a sale at the "interesting" store? lol

Im ready for another Spike episode, the poor little guy has a habit of doing one of three things: Having the episode be about him, being the butt of the joke, or not appearing at all. I for one am ready for him to choose option 1 again.

I'm glad to see another Spike episode as well as hearing more about dragons. I wonder if there'll be any reference to 'Secret of my Excess' in it? What with dragons' greed-powered puberty and all.

Was there a sale at the "interesting" store? lol

Yes, 2 bits apiece until the end of the month. x3

Edited by Jadefire

I'm glad to see another Spike episode as well as hearing more about dragons. I wonder if there'll be any reference to 'Secret of my Excess' in it? What with dragons' greed-powered puberty and all.

Yes, 2 bits apiece until the end of the month. x3

Don't forget with every ten interestings a free Paraspite is included! :P

New extended synopsis on ED: "In the new episode “Dragon Quest,” Spike goes on a journey of self-discovery by joining the “Great

Dragon Migration.” But does a rough and tumble gang of teenage dragons really hold the key to the

questions Spike has about his identity? Rating: TV-Y"

I sense a peer-pressure and/or gangs are bad moral coming.

New extended synopsis on ED: "In the new episode “Dragon Quest,” Spike goes on a journey of self-discovery by joining the “Great

Dragon Migration.” But does a rough and tumble gang of teenage dragons really hold the key to the

questions Spike has about his identity? Rating: TV-Y"

I sense a peer-pressure and/or gangs are bad moral coming.

...I am greatly disappointed by this new synopsis...primarily because I had expected something far grander based on the original blurb we were given. I wanted to see massive world building.

Instead...well, I suppose this will probably still be a good episode, and it's a good thing I heard this now, instead of only finding out when I watched the episode. I might have railed against the episode as being horrible otherwise thanks to it not living up to my expectations.

Still, we should at least get some more insight into Spike's psyche.