Oooga Booga

Xhegu

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

fluttershy

How did you find MLP Forums?

I sought it out

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

Still uncertain

(Deep yawn) What time is it? (scratches bum). Alright look. Many moons ago when this show first became a meme, I watched it. Enjoyed it. Forgot about it. Didn't bother with the fandom portions of it as I didn't really feel the need for it at the time. Life's been turbulent since and I've decided to make a fresh start at things. I'm joining this forum because I'm at least familiar with the lore. A chronic problem of this information age is the tremendous difficulty making and keeping friends, (especially given how cutthroat politics have gotten. Don't worry that's ALL I have to say about that). The brony fandom is (in)famous for appreciation for friendship (big shock there), so if I'm gonna go looking for like minded people, this seems like a good place to start.

I like to write and wish I had more time and energy to focus on it. Alas I work full time. That also leaves little time for other hobbies like roleplaying (I'm partial to druids and barbarian types). I also write anime related fanfiction from and post it on ff.net if you're into that kind of thing. 

My favorite authors of all time include Harlan Elision, Robert E. Howard, Ray Bradbury, and Lovecraft; though my favorite book of all time is Lord of the Flies.

I admire Zecora for her tribal witchery. You'll find that to be a reoccurring theme for me. Fluttershy is easy to love for all socially anxious fellows shuffling their way through life, same for Miss Sparkle as well. Applejack's get it done attitude is also appreciable. Hard work pays off! Speaking of which, I've come to appreciate Rarity for her creative passion, even though I don't know or care about fashion. That spirit...that drive to create something GREAT, really resonates with me. 

Let's see...I liked that cheesy live action TV show Beastmaster, just about any movie with Vincent Price in it, I'm not religious and I'm an Oldtaku. Serial Experiments Lain and Berserk are my favorite series from the entire genre. I've less and less time to watch anime these days and well, it doesn't really appeal to my taste as it used to (kind of tired of teenagers and their high school woes. I'm in dire want of stories about grown men). And that's about all. What you're still here?

Oh I get it, let's play with the old man's head. He's half senile. He won't remember anything I sa....wait what was this about? 

• Brohoof 4

Why hello there, a new person has spawned in our forums? I wonder what type of pokemon they are.

Anyways, welcome to our forums and if you ever need to ask any questions, just message one of us.

since Zecora you admired on first sight
this welcome in her manner i will write

i'm glad your way here that you found
and hope that you decide to stick around

I also love the anime of old
Berserk close to my heart i'll always hold

and on the note of those with adult cast
i'd recomend you "Monster" it's a blast

• Brohoof 3

Oh no... I need to activate the crappy social application...

"bzzzrrrt- "Hello and welcome to -MLPFORUM- I hope you like it in here!

My favorite characters are -Discord- and -Starlight Glimmer- for their -personalities-!

Anyways, Welcome!"

and done ... One last thing that I love, RANDOMS QUOTES TIME!

Ninjas understand quantum mechanics a lot more than people realize. That was a controversial part of my dissertation.

You can never prove the absence of ninjas, only their direct presence.

Edited by A French Derpy full of Salt
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Lord Valtasar said:

since Zecora you admired on first sight
this welcome in her manner i will write

i'm glad your way here that you found
and hope that you decide to stick around

I also love the anime of old
Berserk close to my heart i hold

and on the note of those with adult cast
i'd recomend you "Monster" it's a blast

Weirdest thing. Writers are not poets. Thus, I cannot rhyme. I keep meaning to finish Monster but its exceptionally Grim Dark even for MY tastes. 

• Brohoof 2

Welcome to the forums Xhegu! I hope you'll enjoy your time here! :mlp_icwudt:

2 hours ago, Xhegu said:

The brony fandom is (in)famous for appreciation for friendship (big shock there), so if I'm gonna go looking for like minded people, this seems like a good place to start.

Oh, don't you worry, we will suffocate you with kindness and friendship :mlp_wink:

Edited by Divine plywood

8 minutes ago, Xhegu said:

Weirdest thing. Writers are not poets. Thus, I cannot rhyme. I keep meaning to finish Monster but its exceptionally Grim Dark even for MY tastes. 

unfortunately adult anime tend to be dark in general, Ghibli has some lighthearted ones like Only yesterday and Porco Rosso, but i'm sure you already know of those

Just now, Lord Valtasar said:

unfortunately adult anime tend to be dark in general, Ghibli has some lighthearted ones like Only yesterday and Porco Rosso, but i'm sure you already know of those

*dignified chuckle*

When you get older little surprises you any more, the dark stuff doesn't shock anymore but can be depressing in the wrong mood. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing though. More and more western animation is becoming too cheery at times. Preachy and condescending at worst. Adult anime is best taken bits at a time. Then again you can have stuff like Warhammer 40k which is tongue in cheek with its bleakness. Then it becomes fun again! A good example of that is that one anime, I forget the name, about the two moe characters bumbling around a post war nuclear winter. 

if you liked that one, you'd probably love Made in Abyss and sunday without god, Steins gate is another good example of modern-ish anime with adult's in mind, and if you're willing to go a bit further back, there's requiem for the phantom and Darker than black(which despite it's name is not very dark) and then there are the classics like Ergo Proxy, Trigun and Ghost in the Shell

On 9/13/2018 at 4:42 AM, Xhegu said:

(Deep yawn) What time is it? (scratches bum). Alright look. Many moons ago when this show first became a meme, I watched it. Enjoyed it. Forgot about it. Didn't bother with the fandom portions of it as I didn't really feel the need for it at the time. Life's been turbulent since and I've decided to make a fresh start at things. I'm joining this forum because I'm at least familiar with the lore. A chronic problem of this information age is the tremendous difficulty making and keeping friends, (especially given how cutthroat politics have gotten. Don't worry that's ALL I have to say about that). The brony fandom is (in)famous for appreciation for friendship (big shock there), so if I'm gonna go looking for like minded people, this seems like a good place to start.

I like to write and wish I had more time and energy to focus on it. Alas I work full time. That also leaves little time for other hobbies like roleplaying (I'm partial to druids and barbarian types). I also write anime related fanfiction from and post it on ff.net if you're into that kind of thing. 

My favorite authors of all time include Harlan Elision, Robert E. Howard, Ray Bradbury, and Lovecraft; though my favorite book of all time is Lord of the Flies.

I admire Zecora for her tribal witchery. You'll find that to be a reoccurring theme for me. Fluttershy is easy to love for all socially anxious fellows shuffling their way through life, same for Miss Sparkle as well. Applejack's get it done attitude is also appreciable. Hard work pays off! Speaking of which, I've come to appreciate Rarity for her creative passion, even though I don't know or care about fashion. That spirit...that drive to create something GREAT, really resonates with me. 

Let's see...I liked that cheesy live action TV show Beastmaster, just about any movie with Vincent Price in it, I'm not religious and I'm an Oldtaku. Serial Experiments Lain and Berserk are my favorite series from the entire genre. I've less and less time to watch anime these days and well, it doesn't really appeal to my taste as it used to (kind of tired of teenagers and their high school woes. I'm in dire want of stories about grown men). And that's about all. What you're still here?

Oh I get it, let's play with the old man's head. He's half senile. He won't remember anything I sa....wait what was this about? 

Greetings and welcome, o acolyte of the equine!

Surely with you among our ranks the world stands no chance against our grim march of iron and death and hugs.

Not that it would've stood a chance even with you directly opposing us, but that's no ill reflection upon your strategic value; the Legion are relentless and the Legion are eternal.

Key among your warfare-worthy traits are your awe-inspiring wordcrafting powers (the closest any mortal can ever come to creating universes at will), love of the Lovecraft wordcrafter's words (his books have been nothing short of inspirational for our interior designers), and alleged allegiance to  a l l   t h e   h o r s e s  (and also bestzeeb).

I am more than willing to assist in your training, if friendships alliances you indeed desire (failing to desire them is heresy; you've come to the right place).

Enjoy your bleak future being ground into tear-streaked dust to further the cause of Harmony! :icwudt:

Protip: Corpses are quite a versatile resource around here, so do try to be more useful to us alive.

Edited by Duality
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...