Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Any Sonic the Hedgehog fans?

DivineMist1000

9 minutes ago, Nanotek said:

Im a Sonic the Hedgehog Fan, i have already played Sonic Mega Collection Plus, Sonic Gems Collection, Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic 2006 and Sonic Unleashed.

I enjoyed pretty much everything so far, but i sadly havent played anything recent and i have never realy watched something in the Sonic franchise, i still have to catch up a lot, which i plan to do one day.

You should play Sonic Mania if you're looking for a terrific Sonic game!

• Brohoof 3

Just now, DivineLuna1000 said:

You should play Sonic Mania if you're looking for a terrific Sonic game!

Thanks for the recommendation, but if i would start to play the Sonic Franchise again, i would plan on playing all his games in order. Since most of the old Games were released in Collections, it isnt that hard to collect...well except for Knuckles Chaotix, i would need an extention to my Sega Mega Drive for that.

• Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, Nanotek said:

Thanks for the recommendation, but if i would start to play the Sonic Franchise again, i would plan on playing all his games in order. Since most of the old Games were released in Collections, it isnt that hard to collect...well except for Knuckles Chaotix, i would need an extention to my Sega Mega Drive for that.

Which Sonic games haven't you played yet?

• Brohoof 2

Just now, DivineLuna1000 said:

Which Sonic games haven't you played yet?

From the old Games it would definitely be Knuckles Chaotix, than im missing the Sonic Adventure Games, the Sonic Riders Games, pretty much every game for ps 3 and upwards and im also missing all Game Boy Advance and upwards games. So, i still havent played a lot.

From the Catoons and Movies i have watched nothing, except for a few Episodes of Sonic Boom.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

I've been a huge fan of Sonic since his debut almost. I've played a lot of the games, read a lot of the comics, seen most of the cartoons. Hell, I've read quite a few fan comics as well and usually enjoy the fanart. I haven't played many of the most recent ones so far. I recently played Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric and I'll probably get Sonic Forces soon. Until I played Sonic Boom the last I had played was Generations which I really liked.

I'm actually currently watching The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog via DVD. Of the cartoons this one is probably my favorite. It's quality is the best. SatAM is nice and all but it pales in comparison to the Archie comic universe it's based on.

• Brohoof 4

14 minutes ago, Snowflurry said:

... Love the cartoons. I've read 70% of the comics. Played nearly all the games. I have StH merch. And I'm super stoked for the new movie. :mlp_icwudt:

Even if it was for a moment, when Sonic showed up in Wreck It Ralph my inner fanboy went SQUEEE

I forgot all about the movie. I don't think I've even seen a trailer yet, just knew that it was coming.

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, A.V. said:

Sonic R has one of the most-underrated soundtracks of all time.

Example:

Probably one of the first games that convinced me that lyrical, non-video game music could work in a video game. Hell, at this point I generally prefer it to regular video game soundtracks. You can bet I also loved when future games did the same, if only for major bosses.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Discordian said:

Probably one of the first games that convinced me that lyrical, non-video game music could work in a video game. Hell, at this point I generally prefer it to regular video game soundtracks. You can bet I also loved when future games did the same, if only for major bosses.

I love Sonic R's soundtrack! Super Sonic Racing and Can You Feel the Sunshine are awesome tracks!

• Brohoof 3

12 minutes ago, DivineGlow1000 said:

I love Sonic R's soundtrack! Super Sonic Racing and Can You Feel the Sunshine are awesome tracks!

As soon as it was brought up Super Sonic Racing got stuck in my head. :D

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

This thread has inspired me to go back and play some Sonic games. I installed Sonic Generations (The console version. I have already played and completed the 3DS version) and I may purchase Sonic Forces once I get a Nintendo Switch.

• Brohoof 2

7 hours ago, Cash In said:

This thread has inspired me to go back and play some Sonic games. I installed Sonic Generations (The console version. I have already played and completed the 3DS version) and I may purchase Sonic Forces once I get a Nintendo Switch.

Sonic Generations is the best Sonic game!

• Brohoof 2

14 hours ago, Cash In said:

I still have some catching up to do on the franchise so that, the 3DS Sonic Boom games and maybe Sonic Mania will be my next few purchases.

• Brohoof 1

On 12/1/2018 at 4:55 PM, Discordian said:

SatAM is nice

I adore this version. I admit I'm not familiar with the other animated series. I just love this one! When I was little, I played a little Sonic II on Saga Genesis, but I'm not much of a gamer.

Knothole_Freedom_Fighters_SatAM.png

• Brohoof 2

21 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

I adore this version. I admit I'm not familiar with the other animated series. I just love this one! When I was little, I played a little Sonic II on Saga Genesis, but I'm not much of a gamer.

Knothole_Freedom_Fighters_SatAM.png

Don't get me wrong, I love the series. It's just not quite the same as the comics which flesh things out so much more.

• Brohoof 1

49 minutes ago, DivineGlow1000 said:

What’s Sonic Boom? Never heard of that game!

A game that took Sonic into a completely different direction again. It kinda tried to be more of a ruins exploration type of game with a bit more focus on combat and building a new world (which a TV series by the same name would be based on later) but the game was shoddily made by a developer who clearly had no idea what they were really doing. I don't know how the 3DS games will be but I liked Sonic Boom for what it was trying to be and I'm definitely willing to give the subseries a chance to be itself. I'll also have to watch the TV series at some point too but so far I can't find a decent DVD collection for it and I'd rather avoid watching it online.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Discordian said:

A game that took Sonic into a completely different direction again. It kinda tried to be more of a ruins exploration type of game with a bit more focus on combat and building a new world (which a TV series by the same name would be based on later) but the game was shoddily made by a developer who clearly had no idea what they were really doing. I don't know how the 3DS games will be but I liked Sonic Boom for what it was trying to be and I'm definitely willing to give the subseries a chance to be itself. I'll also have to watch the TV series at some point too but so far I can't find a decent DVD collection for it and I'd rather avoid watching it online.

Nope! Never heard of it... 

• Brohoof 2

Just now, DivineGlow1000 said:

Nope! Never heard of it... 

Oh I see what you're doing. Took me reading through the old posts to get it. :P

Still, I also enjoyed Sonic 06 for the same reasons. I was able to look past the bad development and see the real game underneath.

• Brohoof 1