Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if Megan was the focus of EG?

ManaMinori

back in g1, there was a little girl named Megan who was brought over to the pony world to help save the world, by Firefly, and she (along with her little brother, Danny and sister, Molly) made frequent trips over into the ponyverse. Megan got a cameo in "rollercoaster of friendship", but what it she had been the focus of this spinoff series from the start? Suppose the events of EG's first movie play out the same- Sunset going rogue and finding a home in the human world, coming back to steal Twilight's crown, and baiting Twilight into the human world to retrieve it. But rather than clones of her friends, the first person pony Twilight meets is Megan, who might tell her that she's familiar with the little ponies, and believes Twilight who says she's from the pony world, at the beginning of the events.

Would Megan's presence and friendship with Twilight have any effect on the firs movie, and following media? Would it have any effect on FiM, if she frequently visited ponies in their world, in the past?

The way I see it, Megan served as an inspiration for Equestria Girls--outside of the obvious attempt at Hasbro wanting to compete with Monster High at the time--which reaffirms the point that humans and ponies in the world of My Little Pony have shared a connection since day one. Though, it isn't always apparent depending on continuity. Had Twilight encountered Megan first instead of Fluttershy--she was the first 'clone' in this context that Twilight met--I'd like to think that there would be some referencing to generation one but nothing more would likely come from it. The Megan we saw in Rollercoaster of Friendship was supposed to be a nod to her original iteration and not that version of Megan specifically.

• Brohoof 1

On 9/14/2018 at 4:31 PM, Ganondorf8 said:

The way I see it, Megan served as an inspiration for Equestria Girls--outside of the obvious attempt at Hasbro wanting to compete with Monster High at the time--which reaffirms the point that humans and ponies in the world of My Little Pony have shared a connection since day one. Though, it isn't always apparent depending on continuity. Had Twilight encountered Megan first instead of Fluttershy--she was the first 'clone' in this context that Twilight met--I'd like to think that there would be some referencing to generation one but nothing more would likely come from it. The Megan we saw in Rollercoaster of Friendship was supposed to be a nod to her original iteration and not that version of Megan specifically.

I actually thing that’s Megan, it’s just I believe she was put there for the upcoming (at the time) 35th anniversary of the franchise. The reasons I believe she wasn’t more than a nod, could be copyright, and the fact that MLP hasn’t used audience surrogate after the first show  :mlp_huh:

Well, I guess things would have gotten rather interesting if Twi encountered Megan first, as it would probably have made a different cast of main characters. It may have solved the problem of underdeveloped and flanderized versions of the Mane6, but we could have gotten a new cast of underdeveloped characters as well :mlp_huh:

• Brohoof 1