Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will the movie ever be televised?

ggg-2

I think I can see Discover Family and the higher up channels to show the movie. I think Discover Family has shown some movies in the past. I'm not sure if they still do, but it would still be pretty cool if they did. Most movies have appeared on HBO and Starz, but I think it takes a few months to a year, before they are aired on those networks. I still think they'll most likely be on those channels eventually. I remember watching Deadpool way too many times on HBO and Starz, so I'd make sure to do the same for the MLP movie. :laugh: ^_^ 

I guess that there have never been a single movie that woudn't have ended up being televised after some time have passed from it's theatre premier - if only any money can be made by doing so.

In the long run, selling rights to show your movie in different channels and different countries can even become more profitable than income made from box office or by selling DVD's. Who would buy, let's say a physical copy of old Bond movies or Jim Carrey's "Liar, Liar" in 2018? No-one. But how many of us have seen those same movies million times from tv?  

Since pink, cute, singing animals (despite their brand) will still have vast target audience long after FiM have lost it's relevancy and film's blu-ray sales have declined, the movie will most likely be televised sooner or later. It's just way too easy way to make money to bypass.

Movies don't usually air on basic and standard cable television (including Discovery Family) until two years after their theatrical releases. So the odds are, The Movie is gonna premiere on Discovery Family after Season 9 (marking the whole end of the TV series) is done.

Edited by FirePuppy

• 4 months later...

I already have the movie on DVD but I would love to see this movie on television. I would for sure record it on my DVR so I could watch it whenever.

I think it will within the next year. Most movies start airing on TV about a year and a half or so after its theatrical release. I think that the world premiere will be on Discovery Family as part of some sort of MLP marathon that leads into season 9. Could also premiere over on Freeform during one of their "Family Fundays" that they have a couple weekends a month.