Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I wish Luna never became Nightmare Moon

DivineMist1000

After seeing how kind and sweet and caring she is for everypony, especially her sister, it makes me sad to see somepony so amazing as Luna and have something so terrible and tragic happen to her. All because of a misplaced jealousy towards Celestia and the sun.

• Brohoof 3

And sometimes it is the past of somepony that shapes their future - not just the mane 6, but Luna herself was shaped by the experience, and for some time defined herself as being the not-nightmare-moon; her guilt led not only to the creation of the Tantabus, but also gave her the empathy she shows when (for example) dealing with the CMC and their fears.  While she aided 'tia in shaping Twilight into the princess she would become, she was also very much Twilight's pupil in becoming herself a better pony.

• Brohoof 3

7 minutes ago, shyabetes3939 said:

Well, if Luna hadn't become Nightmare Moon, the Mane 6 may never have come together to bear the Elements of Harmony. So if Luna never became NightMare Moon, there'd be no MLP:FiM. That'd be pretty sad.

Then that show would be all about Celestia and Luna!

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, DivineLuna1000 said:

Then that show would be all about Celestia and Luna!

Not /opposed/ to a show about the royal sisters - after all, they defeated Discord and Sombra, without full access to the powers of the elements -or- the crystal heart - but I doubt we could stretch that to eight seasons and counting.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Cypherhoof said:

Not /opposed/ to a show about the royal sisters - after all, they defeated Discord and Sombra, without full access to the powers of the elements -or- the crystal heart - but I doubt we could stretch that to eight seasons and counting.

Just turn it into a talk show or a sit-com and you're golden!

• Brohoof 1

Some things may were bad (in context of the things that somepony had done), but those things can bounce and you can have even more good things instead, more things than you would have without those bad incidents. As an example I can show with my finger Discord, Starlight and Changelings.

Just now, DivineLuna1000 said:

Just turn it into a talk show or a sit-com and you're golden!

That wouldn't be a high-quality show anymore I suppose. Also, the target audience shall be adjusted in that case.

• Brohoof 1

43 minutes ago, DivineLuna1000 said:

After seeing how kind and sweet and caring she is for everypony, especially her sister, it makes me sad to see somepony so amazing as Luna and have something so terrible and tragic happen to her. All because of a misplaced jealousy towards Celestia and the sun.

It would be quite boring then if it never happened. A story with no conflict ends up just being pretty boring.

• Brohoof 3

Such tragic past, it just turns you into a villain, like poof.

1048552972_HorribleSubsMadeinAbyss-111080p.mkv_snapshot_03.33_2017_09.16_17_47_50.jpg.7f8d055be123491d4cb0b7561761296c.jpg

I too wish these ponies were not just frail fools that crumbled at the first non-issue they've encountered.  And I wish somepony like Cozy received the power of shadows instead of some naggy fool. The forces of darkness deserve better.

Luna becoming Nightmare Moon and subsequently being banished was the catalyst that would eventually bring the Mane Six together thus giving us FiM. Had this not come to pass, events would've happened a lot differently with certain characters assuming different roles in the grand scheme of things.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

It's true.  When tragedies like that are overcome, that's the stuff that good stories are made of.  The deeper the tragedy, the more epic the story is for overcoming it---I think that's what drew a lot of us to FiM in the first place!