DivineLuna1000

I wish Luna never became Nightmare Moon

Recommended Posts

After seeing how kind and sweet and caring she is for everypony, especially her sister, it makes me sad to see somepony so amazing as Luna and have something so terrible and tragic happen to her. All because of a misplaced jealousy towards Celestia and the sun.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, if Luna hadn't become Nightmare Moon, the Mane 6 may never have come together to bear the Elements of Harmony. So if Luna never became NightMare Moon, there'd be no MLP:FiM. That'd be pretty sad.

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And sometimes it is the past of somepony that shapes their future - not just the mane 6, but Luna herself was shaped by the experience, and for some time defined herself as being the not-nightmare-moon; her guilt led not only to the creation of the Tantabus, but also gave her the empathy she shows when (for example) dealing with the CMC and their fears.  While she aided 'tia in shaping Twilight into the princess she would become, she was also very much Twilight's pupil in becoming herself a better pony.

  • Brohoof 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, shyabetes3939 said:

Well, if Luna hadn't become Nightmare Moon, the Mane 6 may never have come together to bear the Elements of Harmony. So if Luna never became NightMare Moon, there'd be no MLP:FiM. That'd be pretty sad.

Then that show would be all about Celestia and Luna!

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DivineLuna1000 said:

Then that show would be all about Celestia and Luna!

Not /opposed/ to a show about the royal sisters - after all, they defeated Discord and Sombra, without full access to the powers of the elements -or- the crystal heart - but I doubt we could stretch that to eight seasons and counting.

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cypherhoof said:

Not /opposed/ to a show about the royal sisters - after all, they defeated Discord and Sombra, without full access to the powers of the elements -or- the crystal heart - but I doubt we could stretch that to eight seasons and counting.

Just turn it into a talk show or a sit-com and you're golden!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some things may were bad (in context of the things that somepony had done), but those things can bounce and you can have even more good things instead, more things than you would have without those bad incidents. As an example I can show with my finger Discord, Starlight and Changelings.

Just now, DivineLuna1000 said:

Just turn it into a talk show or a sit-com and you're golden!

That wouldn't be a high-quality show anymore I suppose. Also, the target audience shall be adjusted in that case.

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, DivineLuna1000 said:

After seeing how kind and sweet and caring she is for everypony, especially her sister, it makes me sad to see somepony so amazing as Luna and have something so terrible and tragic happen to her. All because of a misplaced jealousy towards Celestia and the sun.

 

It would be quite boring then if it never happened. A story with no conflict ends up just being pretty boring.

  • Brohoof 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Such tragic past, it just turns you into a villain, like poof.

1048552972_HorribleSubsMadeinAbyss-111080p.mkv_snapshot_03.33_2017_09.16_17_47_50.jpg.7f8d055be123491d4cb0b7561761296c.jpg

I too wish these ponies were not just frail fools that crumbled at the first non-issue they've encountered.  And I wish somepony like Cozy received the power of shadows instead of some naggy fool. The forces of darkness deserve better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luna becoming Nightmare Moon and subsequently being banished was the catalyst that would eventually bring the Mane Six together thus giving us FiM. Had this not come to pass, events would've happened a lot differently with certain characters assuming different roles in the grand scheme of things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Join the herd!

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.