Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the worst injury you have ever had?

Reecejackox

Still don't know how it happened, but I was stepping over a chair, hit my head on the wide door frame, knocked down the curtain rod over it, and a vase on a high shelf, which surprisingly didn't break. That hurt the worst, but somehow I cut my eyebrow open and had to get some stitches on it.

The other time would be this one.

https://mlpforums.com/followed/?type=blog_entry&change_section=1 

Got bit in the leg twice by a large dog when I was 12. I had to go to the ER and get a tetanus shot and stitches. It was very painful and the bleeding didn't wanna stop on the way to the hospital.

I had it with skateboarding, i lost my balance and the board rolled out of me, I fell on my left ankle. It toke two weeks to recover to a level I can walk. That was the last time with skateboarding.

My worst injury was when I broke my arm in a football accident, when I was 12. 

Completely snapped the Radius & Ulna bones in my left forearm, so my forearm was completely bent to a 90 degree angle. Spent overnight in hospital so they could rearrange the bones. Wore a full-length cast for 7 weeks. :mlp_blink:

Wasn't a pretty sight, trust me. :yuck: 

Worst injury I have had happened when I was a kid. I crashed to the ground and both of my incicors broke. Luckily they were only deciduous /milk teeth and new ones grew at their place.

Worst wound as an adult was probably a broken ankle couple years ago...

I tripped while running around as a kid and fell over a small stone fence at home. I tumbled over onto a roll of barbed wire that had been sitting there for years. It rusted with age and went almost completely through my ankle. I went through quite a few soaked medical wraps at home and a trip to the doctor to make sure I didn't die from infection. I still have a scar too and I am glad it is in such a hidden area on my body as it is quite noticeable.

I was walking down an outdoor staircase with my hand on the wood railing. I managed to get a decent sized splinter underneath my fingernail. This doesn't sound too bad but the piece of wood was lodged underneath pretty good. I had to go to the immediate care center to get it removed.

When I was really young I fell several feet on my head and almost died. So there's that. Then just some years later I broke my middle finger playing with blocks (not the little toy blocks with letters on them and stuff, they were these blocks that were made for math). I have no recollection of how that even happened, but my mom recently explained that it was me tripping holding one or something.

I don't know if this counts as an "injury", but it certainly happened after I did a lot of walking that was unusual for me at the time... I got something called plantar fasciitis in my foot. For several months the worst part of it was getting up in the morning, but it has evolved pretty much being an all-day condition now and gets really bad whenever I lift the foot for any reason. I've been to doctors, got treatments, got inserts, but... Here I am, still hurting. I'm in, dare I say, worse condition than when I started seeing doctors. I don't blame it on them at all, I just find it frustrating and helpless at this point. I'm walking around the house with a cane, dreading showers because I feel like I'll slip and fall at any second (and there are some cases where it would have happened if I hadn't luckily had something to hold onto), am struggling working, and overall just want to spend all of my time in my bed and not have to get up for anything.

• 1 month later...

That depends on how you define injuries. Do you mean in terms of bodily damage, or how much pain you were in?

Because the most damage I've suffered was from getting hit by a car. I was a typical 13-year-old then; stupid, and thinking nothing this serious could possibly happen to me after having jaywalked dozens of times without ever getting hit on the way home from school. I was so wrong. In fact, I can still remember it like it only happened this morning. Luckily, nothing in my leg was broken. All I got from it was a twisted ligament. But even then, I couldn't walk without a crutch for six months. The rest of that school year was so difficult for me. Not just from the inconvenience of hobbling around, but also from having to deal with the number of assholes joking about it and trying to knock me over.

As for my most painful injury, that occurred when I got kidney stones just a few years ago. They were only 3 mm wide, but they hurt so damned much, I couldn't get out of bed. Moving around would cause excruciating pain in my flank with each step I took. I've felt nothing like it. In fact, I'd say it's even worse than getting kicked in the balls. And it's because of this, I was forced to adhere to a low-sodium diet ever since. It sucks having to cut things out of my diet, but I really don't want to land in the ER again.

• Brohoof 1