Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your most recurring bad dream?

KillerKingBakudan

What's one thing that always plays in your head when you sleep that makes you feel uncomfortable?

Somehow, I'm always dreaming about dying in a car accident. Like rear ending somebody after sailing off a ramp. Or speeding at 100 mph on an overpass, smashing through a rail and plummeting 40 feet below. Or crashing into a number of things that would get my car to blow up. I'm a good driver with a clean record, and I'd never do anything this stupid. So I don't understand why I keep having these dreams. It's as if my brain's trying to tell me this might happen in the near future.

• Brohoof 1

Mine isn't as dramatic.. I have school-related dreams pretty often (though I don't even go to school anymore), and they are almost always unpleasant. Usually about being late for class, sometimes about subjects I didn't like (PE or shop class) or having an exam I didn't study for. :P

• Brohoof 5

The worst recurring nightmare I had was back in my childhood, when I was less than 13 years old. It is illogical, mainly because it formed when I was very young.

Parts of it changes every time I have it, but the base of it still stays the same. I am outside, and I look around and find that a tornado is coming. After struggling intensely to get indoors, I lock every lock on the door and flee to the basement or hallway. After a few moments, I either get sucked up by the tornado and die, talk to the it and convince it that I'm not an enemy, or hide and get found then die. Then I'd wake up.

While this dream seems rather odd, it horrified me as a child. I had a phobia of tornadoes and storms during this time, and I was less than 13 years old when I had it. This phobia was severe, so I had nightmares of storms and tornadoes all the time. After the age of 13 (or sometime around there, I can't remember), after getting rid of my phobia, this dream become less and less severe and occurred less as well.

Since I was 16, or somewhere around that time, I stopped having it.

Edited by EpicEnergy
  • Brohoof 1

Any dreams with me losing my temper at someone which always ends with me killing them. Depending who the person is, sometime it's not a bad dream.

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 1

When I was 5 or 6, I had so many nightmares of the same thing. I would be alone in my basement with the lights off. Suddenly, I'd hear a weird growling noise come from the very dark laundry room. Then this giant sasquatch-gorilla thing-- super big and hairy-- would burst out of the room and lumber towards me. I'd try to run away from it, but I would only run in slow motion. I'd run suuuuper slowly. I'd usually only make it halfway up the stairs before it caught up to me.

When it did, it would pick me up, then bite into me like biting into an apple, right on my back. I'd wake up with my back tickling. It sucked. I had that dream soo many times. I don't even know why.

• Brohoof 1

This is going to sound weird but I occasionally have bad dreams concerning suburban growth in my area. Cookie cutter houses and streetlights everywhere with a giant dome of light polluted skies. Gives me the chills just thinking about it.  :eww:

The dreams started about a decade ago. Thankfully, my nightmares haven't come true, yet. It's still rural here.

• Brohoof 2

I don't have this dream so often but I would be back at my old job as a busser and the restaurant would be over under staffed, over flowing, and everything jsut overwhelming. Otherwise I've had some of the more commonly shared anxiety dreams of teeth falling out or fingers falling off.

• Brohoof 1

I use to have reoccurring dreams about clowns, but those stopped years ago. Here and there I have nightmares about school, but usually I have happy dreams.

• Brohoof 1

It's me walking shoo less on a winter road surrounded by houses that have comfy rugs and chimneys for the people inside, while all I can do is walk and watch through the windows, but I can't never enter 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

False Awakenings, like you think you're awake but in reality, you're still asleep, and also getting late for work. Yeah, latter part is a weird dream for me to get. Guess it's trying to oppose me in hoping that I get late a lot, and eventually receive a pink slip from the company. D:

Oh, one more thing, this has happened to me few times in the past, when you're awake, and try to put your hand in front of your face, but you don't see it, but feel it. Yeah, scary for me. :sealed:

• Brohoof 2

This is the only dream I ever remember having. It happened from the time I was 10 to the time I was about 14.

I wake up and get out of bed, drink a glass of tap water, then proceed to walk out the front door for some unexplained reason. After that I walk down the steps (there were steps where I lived here and where I lived) and fall through an endless hole. I nearly always woke up having an anxiety attack. It always felt real, even with how unrealistic it was. Nonetheless, it was definitely creepy thinking back on it.

• Brohoof 1

On 9/17/2018 at 11:02 PM, KillerKingBakudan said:

Somehow, I'm always dreaming about dying in a car accident. Like rear ending somebody after sailing off a ramp. Or speeding at 100 mph on an overpass, smashing through a rail and plummeting 40 feet below. Or crashing into a number of things that would get my car to blow up. ...

Good grief :o

When I was younger I fairly often had nightmares about very unsafe stairs or ladders. One I still remember was about a multi-storey school building, but not based on any real building in actual fact, that I was trying to get out of; I was up and down endless corridors trying to find a staircase to get down to the ground floor that didn't involve me having to be like a circus high wire act ... vertigo and then some ... (EDIT: anyone seen that Towering Inferno where an explosion takes out several flights of stairs and Paul Newman is left hanging onto a dangling steel handrail - that kind of thing)

More recently I've frequently had dreams about my mother and father, who are both deceased. Usually I dream about them separately.

The most recent was my dad fussing because I was meant to be taking a woman that we live with in to work in my car, for some obscure reason we lived in an apartment that we shared with other people, so one of these, this woman, I usually give a ride into work. However I need to use the toilet first (and it was getting late), which bizarrely is a chemical toilet in the living room, I kid you not; my dad is fussing about our companion trying to get into work on her own on public transport and how she won't be safe (??); my main problem right now is can everybody get out of the room so I can take a dump? The rest we can sort out later. :mlp_laugh:

But typical of my dad, he's oblivious to all this except this issue about her trying into get into work on her own.

Edited by Tropical Melody
  • Brohoof 1

When I was little I used to have recurring nightmares about a weird caricatured lady (she looked like a bright pink plastic ventriloquist puppet) who used to chase me around, and no matter how fast I ran or how well I hid, she always found me. She could do weird things like turn into a train locomotive and run me down which scared me badly until I decided that if I can imagine her in my dreams, I can imagine myself defeating her. I did exactly that. I let her catch up with me and with a wave of my hand, turned her into a pile of old soup cans that collapsed to the ground in a big lifeless pile. I never dreamed of her again.

Aside from that, I occasionally dream about being crushed by a massive weight. No images, just a sense of being insignificant under the mass of some giant object.

• Brohoof 2

There is empty space and I am watching myself from 3rd person or I'm watching someone that doesn't look like it's me but it feels like it's me.

And then everything starts to zoom out I get further and further away from myself and no matter how I struggle I cannot get any closer it just gets faster and faster usually I wake up at that point because I can't take it anymore

• Brohoof 1

I've had some nightmares in my life. Of course I've had some of the more common ones where my teeth begin falling off or where I lose some of my fingers. Ironically though, my reaction while dreaming these is really... tame, like "Oh well, couldn't hold on to these forever".

As for the biggest nightmare, well, one I remember when I was about 12, where I came across a church, found a statue of the Virgin Mary and she started talking to me, and as the conversation resumed, her voice and face slowly morphed into that of a demon. Needless to say, I was absolutely terrified.

• Brohoof 1

I've had this one recurring dream for years.  It involves me falling while in a sitting position. I wake up as soon as I hit the ground. :/

• Brohoof 1

Before I returned to college I frequently had a dream where it was the end of a semester and I had classes that I hadn't attended in a while for some reason and was going to fail and it freaked me out.

Also years back I had tons of dreams where I was put back in my high school marching band for some reason, which would have bene super exciting... Except it was right before a competition, and I was going out to march a show I had never learned. o.o

Nowadays, I seem to have dreams somewhat frequently where I am driving a car. It's never going to be a reality for me due to my condition, but that seems to disappear in the dream. In the dreams I seem to drive well for a while but then that deteriorates. Like I can't brake fast enough at a stop light, or - as in the case of a dream of this kind I had just last night - I end up driving into an area with lots of curves and I can't make them and keep missing them.

It's a strange subject for a dream, considering I haven't even tried driving since, like, 2005 before it came to the point that I couldn't. I was scared back then, but it has been so long now and it has also been a very long time since the condition started so... I don't know why I have these dreams now.

• Brohoof 2

Usually dreams with lots of actual drama and violence are ones I like. The dreams I don't like, which do occur with any frequency, are ones about fencing. I love fencing, but I tend to have a lot of trouble with my equipment, so in my dreams I'm usually on the strip at some huge competition, only to discover my weapons are all broken or made out of tinfoil or something. Not very dramatic, but it's annoying just the same.

• Brohoof 1

Last year, I used to have nightmare where....... I was back at my old home, with my parents. I always end up losing control of my mind in a rapid succession, from anxiety to an outright wrathful insanity in a matter of second :sunny:. I always seem to wake up just as I snap out of it. Dreamt that about 3 times, which it’s no longer the case thankfully  :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

I often have nightmares about being back in university and highschool where I have classes but have no idea where they are, and I'm confused why I'm there when I already graduated, tests but I haven't been there all semester, or I'm simply lost on some labyrinthian hybrid campus.

I used to have nightmares where I'd commit vivid acts of violence to protect siblings I don't have, or where in an apocalypse scenario I would act with technical precision to defend myself/compatriots from monsters/zombies/attackers but the attacks would not have any effect.

• Brohoof 1