Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who was the first MLP character you discovered?

DivineMist1000

Back in June or July of 2011, I saw someone on a forum with a Fluttershy signature and avatar. Though I was skeptical about the Brony phenomenon at the time, believing it was simply a joke with numerous people participating, she was still visually appealing to me.

maxresdefault.jpg

This would have been among the very first MLP images I've seen except the image was edited in a way where it looked like Fluttershy was eating the image she was in.

• Brohoof 1

The first (G4) pony I ever saw was Twilight. I was surfing through the channels late one night and saw her in Lesson Zero. Up to that point I had seen MLP FiM listed in the channel directory but never paid any attention to it. But on that one fateful night I was particularly desperate and turned it on. Twilight and the other ponies had such cute designs and style and they just drew me in. But Twilight was the first I saw, and the one who hooked me into watching. 

• Brohoof 2

Fluttershy. Technically Flutterguy. I saw the Flutterguy clip in my YouTube feed years ago (Between first and second season for MLP) I thought it hysterical. I wasn't sure if it was a fan dub or what, so I downloaded the whole first season to see. I was completely hooked after episode two! Added bonus? I only had to wait a couple weeks for season two to start once I finished season one. (I only watched a couple episodes a day)

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

G2 Skyskimmer, basically skinny earth pony predecessor of Fluttershy. I got her when I was 2 years old.

As for FiM, I think it was Rainbow Dash on a Tshirt at San Diego Comic Con in 2011. She replaced the horse in the Mustang car symbol and my friend explained the reference. 

• Brohoof 3

• 4 weeks later...

Fluttershy was the first G4 pony I remember seeing on the web. I think I watched 'best of Fluttershy' on YouTube one day looking for a funny meme a few years back. I thought it was hilarious...but I didn't actually get into the show or the fandom until a couple years later.

• Brohoof 2

Twilight sparkle; was looking for a unicorn as a gift for a friend, and that was what the store had in stock (not sure if they had any other MLP characters), was asked why a unicorn would have wings.... and I guess the rest followed naturally.

• Brohoof 1

Scootaloo from a G3 commercial!

Fluttershy, I believe. Unless if I saw another character and forgot about it, I am pretty sure she is the first FiM character I heard of and seen. I was having this hair style that my elder sister said was like Fluttershy's mane and she google imaged to show to me. 

I actually still wonder how does my sister know Flutters and what she looks like, considering that she hate ponies.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Near the end of 2013 I was flipping through channels and ended up on some Powerpuff Girls parody. I noticed that Bubbles sounded like she was actually voiced by Tara Strong in it.

That got me wondering what she was up to so I googled Tara Strong to find out what she was doing. (It had been a few years since I had been watching cartoons) I saw that she was voicing a character on My Little Pony named Twilight Sparkle. For some reason I thought they were still making it like the '90s version, so I decided to look it up to see how crappy/dumb it was just for kicks. Well, it's easy to see how that went.

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 1

Equestria Girls Pinkie Pie, actually. I was (and I still do) playing a game called Terraria, and one of the NPC's in the game is heavily based off of human Pinkie Pie. I saw it in the trivia on the wiki page; after that, I began noticing MLP on TV. :3

Note: Equestria Girls Pinkie Pie wasn't the FIRST "pony" I discovered, actually; the first was Rainbow Dash, and within the next hour, the rest of the Mane 6 cast; but I wasn't the slightest bit interested at the time. They are just so popular that it was impossible to avoid seeing them somewhere. :P But I count human Pinkie Pie for my first "pony" discovery, since it was accidental and I was genuinely interested in knowing more. :kindness:

Edited by Literatel
  • Brohoof 2