Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who was the first MLP character you discovered?

DivineMist1000

The first one for me was Princess Luna. I was watching a video about the Top 10 non-Disney princesses and one of them was Luna, and at first I didn't understand who she was or what show she was from, but then I looked up her name and saw she was an MLP character and was actually surprised by that revelation and what her abilities were.

So I took a chance on this and decided to watch an episode based around her and watched Luna Eclipsed, the first MLP episode I watched.

After watching it, I thought she was an awesome character and then, wouldn't you know it, I started looking at fan art of her!

• Brohoof 5

The first pony I heard the name of was Rarity. It was years before I started watching MLP myself – my nephews were watching an episode, I didn't really pay attention to it but I heard one of the other ponies (I have no idea who) say the name and for some reason it stuck out to me.

Twilight was the first character that I knew both the name and appearance of – I don't remember how it happened but maybe when I read something about bronies... And with how curious I was about the brony phenomenon, I ended up reading so much that in the end I could have named the entire Mane 6 before watching a single episode. :laugh:

• Brohoof 4

Most like one of the mane six. It may as well of been Rainbow Dash to be honest.  Thought it could of been derpy now that I think about it. But the first pony stuff I saw was all the way back in 2011 which was Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash.

• Brohoof 4

If we are talking about a character before the show, then I would have to say Pinkie Pie. I remember a friend showing me the video, Epic Pie Time. I didn't know what was going on and wasn't a fan of MLP at the time, but I thought the video was pretty funny.

If we are talking about the show, then I would have to say Twilight Sparkle. I remember telling my friends that I would give the show a chance and decided to see how things would go. I remember watching the very first episode and Twilight was the first character to appear. 

• Brohoof 1

The dude who pestered me to watch ponies  (successfully obviously   :dash:), named me some of ‘em horses a time or two. Mostly Twi and Pinks, but I don’t remember which was the first tho :mlp_huh:

• Brohoof 2

I discovered all of the mane six in G4 at once, because the very first time I saw any MLP character was when my little sister, me, and my other siblings watched MLP season 1 episode 2 at the dinner table. My little sis decided to watch MLP and brought it to the table. I came in late, so it was the part where the mane six and Nightmare Moon were fighting at the very end. That is also the very time when I went on the path to being a brony.

Edited by EpicEnergy
grammar
  • Brohoof 2

I really don't remember which was the first I saw, it may have even been an OC. I only remember it was from a Pokemon crossover fanart and I thought it was ok.

Then I saw a tv commercial and the ones that got my attention were AJ (because of the hat) and Twilight because she appeared more and had a dragon assistant. In fact when I watched it I thought dragons were common and there were many ponies with dragon assistants.

• Brohoof 2

Equestria Girls Pinkie Pie. I'll tell you a bit of a funny story:

Back in 2013, when I was about ten years old, I was watching SpongeBob SquarePants when a commercial for the first EQG movie came up. I muted the TV just as I did when any "girly" commercials came on. I remember seeing six colorful cartoon girls on the screen and for some reason the bright pink one stood out to me. The commercial ended and that was it. Out of sight, out of mind.

So yeah, not much of  "discovery" per se, but EQG Pinkie was the first one I remember seeing.

• Brohoof 2

I seen the title picture all over the place which included all 6 ponies. I kinda remember seeing Rainbow Dash alone a lot, but I had no idea who they were until I watched the show. I thought Fluttershy's name was Buttershy and Twilight Sparkle sort of rang a bell. Rainbow Dash sounded cool. Because it is.

• Brohoof 2

Does Flufflepuff count? I didn't even know it had anything to do with MLP, but I regularly used the "Big Fluffy Unicorns Dancing on Rainbows" to troll people in heated political discussions.

Also, I found a favorited pic of E.G. Rainbow Dash rocking out on my Deviantart. This was before I even had any clue who she was. I just loved it.

• Brohoof 2

Mine was Applejack.

A human version in a vulgar depiction.... Later on I figured out she was Applejack. (It was a very well drawn tho.)

Twilight and Pinkie Pie were somewhere around then. So it could be one of them that I saw first. I saw them on the internet. (They looked just like in the show.)

Later on, I looked up about the main characters and got interested in the show.

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura
minor grammar edits
  • Brohoof 2

You know what, I really don’t know. I just heard that there was a new MLP series that was becoming really popular and went to check out the first episode. I think the first FiM image I ever saw was the old promotional imagine with the Mane 6 and Celestia.

• Brohoof 2