Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who was the first MLP character you discovered?

DivineMist1000

• 3 years later...

Mine's was Rainbow Dash, she was kinda the only thing I knew about MLP before I watched the show.

I think also remembering having a Rainbow Dash figurine as a kid, though I don't think I have it now as I literally didn't care for MLP at the time

Not counting the previous generations, which easily allowed me to recognize Dash and Pinkie, I knew about a few from friends at the time. One friend’s favorite pony was Dash and the other’s was Fluttershy. One of them also had a Derpy keychain. 

Fluttershy was the MLP Character who made me start to watch the show :>

AJ and Twilight are the first two characters you see in the first Friendship is Musical series, and it's the best answer I can give you. I'm sure in these years one or more ponies have crossed my ways in the internet, but I never start watching the show cause of it and I don't remember. 

• 3 weeks later...

Not counting a couple of earlier generation characters that I can’t recall with any detail (my sister was into MLP as near-expected of many young girls), I think it was Princesses Celestia and Luna, who appeared on the flag this NationStates user used to represent her simulation of Equestria.

• 2 months later...

That's hard to say at this point. I saw them in some mods in a video game, but all of the Mane 6 were included, I believe. Maybe I'm be able to look up which one appeared first. :coco:

But the same year I became a brony and before watching the show, most of the art I saw was about Twilight. So I had the biggest connection to her before I became a brony rhino. :)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was actually able to figure out the first pony I saw!! :eager: It was the year 2012, the 19th of March, when a specific video was uploaded to YouTube by a german Let's Player. I discovered him somewhen in 2012 and I liked him so much, that I started to watch all of his videos in the correct order. And the first pony that appeared in his videos, was...Twilight Sparkle! :eager: She was a plush, sitting on a table, in this custom story for Amnesia: the Dark Descent! And I saw more ponies, mainly the mane 6, in other custom stories he played. I'm so happy I was able to figure this all out so precisely! :mlp_pinkie:

• Brohoof 1