Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Marvel Studios' Captain Marvel Official Trailer

TheAnimationFanatic

So this is set prior to all of the Marvel movies except Captain America which makes me wonder if she's dead before we get Iron Man. I kind of have to see this if they show us how Nick Fury lost his eye, and just to know what's really going on in that scene where Captain Marvel punches an old lady.

I'm actually excited for it, which is surprising because I'm not a fan of Captain marvel, her personality irritates me.  But I don't like it how many people actually think that she can beat thanos alone..fat chance.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

5 months later and Disney pretty much did everything to keep me away from this movie as far as possible.

The Trailers in my opinion where not really good, the publicity for this movie was mostly just "look, we have a women hero. Look at it, or you're sexist." And we have Brie Larson, who says and does some of the dumbest stuff i have ever seen, from saying that there are too many critics that are white, because she is salty that a wrinkle in time was rated so poorly and she ordered that white males are not welcome on her promotion tour.

This movie is just another example of putting politics over entertainment. If Sigourney Weaver said that stuff 40 years ago during her shooting of Alien, she wouldn't have gone far.

• Brohoof 3

2 minutes ago, Mesme Rize said:

5 months later and Disney pretty much did everything to keep me away from this movie as far as possible.

The Trailers in my opinion where not really good, the publicity for this movie was mostly just "look, we have a women hero. Look at it, or you're sexist." And we have Brie Larson, who says and does some of the dumbest stuff i have ever seen, from saying that there are too many critics that are white, because she is salty that a wrinkle in time was rated so poorly and she ordered that white males are not welcome on her promotion tour.

This movie is just another example of putting politics over entertainment. If Sigourney Weaver said that stuff 40 years ago during her shooting of Alien, she wouldn't have gone far.

Literally the OPPOSITE of what she said. 

She said that they wanted the screenings to be as diverse as possible and NOT be relegated to mostly white people.

If you're not excited about the movie, then to each his own, but please get your facts straight. 

11 minutes ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

She said that they wanted the screenings to be as diverse as possible and NOT be relegated to mostly white people.

If you're not excited about the movie, then to each his own, but please get your facts straight. 

so, basically she wants to alienate the audience that pretty much makes 80% of all people in the US.

Saying that stuff is a recipe for disaster for your movie. This is Ghostbusters 2016 all over again and Disney is way too blind to realize it.

• Brohoof 4

1 hour ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

It's tracking to open at $100 Million and Marvel Studios has a very good track record with their films, but sure, keep talking about how it's going to be a disaster. :laugh:

Dude, are you just going to just laugh my criticism off? It's okay if you don't agree with me, but atleast be civilized with me, instead of acting a jerk towards me.

I guess this convo is over now.

• Brohoof 1

On 2/17/2019 at 1:46 PM, TheAnimationFanatic said:

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/06/brie-larsons-i-do-not-hate-white-dudes-lack-of-inclusion-film-critics-1201974617/

"Larson continued, “[Audiences] are not allowed enough chances to read public discourse on these films by the people that the films were made for. I do not need a 40-year-old white dude to tell me what didn’t work for him about ‘[A] Wrinkle in Time.’ It wasn’t made for him."

Except Brie Larson is saying that she does not want to hear a white man's opinion. She believes that if you are a white man trying to have an opinion on a "diverse movie", that automatically means your opinion is not worth her time. People not excited for this movie do have their facts straight on how she is an egotistical buffoon who is taking a freaking superhero movie way too seriously as an attempt at "activism". :yeahno:

On 2/17/2019 at 2:07 PM, TheAnimationFanatic said:

It's tracking to open at $100 Million and Marvel Studios has a very good track record with their films, but sure, keep talking about how it's going to be a disaster. :laugh:

Ah yes, because box office projections are well-known for being very accurate. Did you know that they were originally expecting the movie's opening weekend results to be much higher?

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2466986/captain-marvel-could-make-less-than-we-thought-opening-weekend

And I kid you not, IGN believed at one point the movie was going to make at least $600 million domestically

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/12/24/box-office-movies-2019-avengers-endgame-star-wars-episode-9-pokemon-detective-pikachu-captain-marvel-spider-man-shazam

Please get off your high horse. The movie is not guaranteed to underperform, but we have been given no good reason to believe that this is not going to be the next Ghostbusters, Solo, or The Last Jedi. 

Edited by CloudMistDragon
  • Brohoof 4

I just haven't been feeling it with this one. It doesn't look bad, and it'll do fine as long as they just focus on making her an interesting and likable character, but I'm not itching to go see it like other MCU films, which is a shame considering they got me to love Ant-Man and Dr Strange. But who knows, maybe they can surprise me like those two

• Brohoof 1

Little video i found that pretty much deals with most of the problems i have with Captain Marvel and also the problem in general with current Hollywood blockbusters.

Take from it what you want.

• Brohoof 2

They took down the movie's poor Rotten Tomatoes "Want to See" score despite having no proof that it was "hacked by bots" and after countless articles had lied about trolls "review-bombing" the movie despite being unable to even post reviews. 

I will still listen to a fact-based argument about the quality of this movie being good from someone who genuinely likes it, but please do not cite a good score from Rotten Tomatoes as a reason to like it. They've gone out of their way now to prove that they are an obvious corporate shill site that hates free speech. :mlp_okiedokieloki:

On 2/26/2019 at 8:06 PM, CloudMistDragon said:

They took down the movie's poor Rotten Tomatoes "Want to See" score despite having no proof that it was "hacked by bots" and after countless articles had lied about trolls "review-bombing" the movie despite being unable to even post reviews. 

I will still listen to a fact-based argument about the quality of this movie being good from someone who genuinely likes it, but please do not cite a good score from Rotten Tomatoes as a reason to like it. They've gone out of their way now to prove that they are an obvious corporate shill site that hates free speech. :mlp_okiedokieloki:

Yep. That's liberalism to a tee.

I don't like to brag, but in this case i can't help myself.

#Getwokgobroke

• Brohoof 2

They want the government to step in over this movie's underwhelming reception. :squee:

You heard her folks. Because people liked Wonder Woman and Alita but not this and Ghostbusters (2016), we need to be silenced by the government. An 82% on Rotten Tomatoes is already having them breaking down like this. I can not wait for the box office results. :ticking:

• Brohoof 2