Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How pretty would you say Fluttershy is?

DivineMist1000

How pretty would I say Fluttershy is? Well she's 20% less prettier than Rainbow Dash! B)

But really, I think Fluttershy is indeed a very pretty lovely pony, I would say that on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being the least pretty and 10 being the most pretty, I would place Fluttershy at an....... 8, that sounds about right. Her voice is soft and caring, and really the design of Fluttershy herself is very calming and gentle, a lovely pony to go on walks with or just sit and chat in the garden with, surrounded by her fluffy animal friends :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 2

Just now, BasementSparkle said:

I give her a :mlp_yay:out of 10. Because math can not measure her prettiness, it is beyond simple human comprehension.

All ponies are pretty ponies though. :twismile::rarity::wub::mlp_icwudt::pinkie:

Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Twilight and Pinkie are the prettiest of the Mane 6. All four of them are super pretty!

• Brohoof 1

Everypony is pretty in their own way I would give a 10/10 but from a philosophical point of view I see rating people as unnecessary we are not products of economical value but our own universes within our own minds. :D

Edited by Dabmanz

On visual design aspects solely I'd say that its on decent level, but it could use some more sass and highlights. Kinda feels bit simple as there arent really that much detail, but that might also be because the show approaches the designs on more simplistic side to ease out the animation. Though then you have Rarity which on the other hand is much more detailed though that trait is part of her character so I let that one slide.

Comparing FS to other mane 6 I'd say her design falls 4th or 5th  of them so its pretty weak compared to the likes of Twilight and Rarity.

I'd rate the design 5/10 

Well, she IS a pony supermodel, after all; even the spa ponies acknowledge this, her "beauty regime" there has an extremely light touch (as opposed to Rarity's)

But more than that, she is beautiful as a person; her element (of compassion) and her cutie mark are all aligned to her basic nature.

(that said, just watched her repeatedly tearing AJ a new one, so there's that.... :D)

• Brohoof 1

59 minutes ago, Cypherhoof said:

even the spa ponies acknowledge this, her "beauty regime" there has an extremely light touch (as opposed to Rarity's)

<slight_deviation> ( I think it's more a case of that Rarity believes she needs it, which she doesn't really. Or simply enjoys the spa treatment, which is fair enough. ) </slight_deviation>

But anyway yeah, Flutter's up there sure nuff. :D

9 minutes ago, Tropical Melody said:

<slight_deviation> ( I think it's more a case of that Rarity believes she needs it, which she doesn't really. Or simply enjoys the spa treatment, which is fair enough. ) </slight_deviation>

Sure. I am sure Rarity doesn't NEED the beauty regime she has, although as a unicorn she has the ability to perform her own styling and so forth with magic, while a pegasus pony has only her hooves.  But the difference is still there - Fluttershy is a natural beauty, while Rarity works hard (and near constantly) on her appearance.

(in practice of course, the flash puppets used in the show aren't actually very different from each other, so in terms of physical appearence, we can only really go off how other ponies react to them, and to their actions.  Fanart is a different matter, with both our feminine mane ponies often being presented more attractively than the rest of the cast)

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Cypherhoof said:

Sure. I am sure Rarity doesn't NEED the beauty regime she has, although as a unicorn she has the ability to perform her own styling and so forth with magic, while a pegasus pony has only her hooves.  But the difference is still there - Fluttershy is a natural beauty, while Rarity works hard (and near constantly) on her appearance.

In my experience, a lot of people who go crazy with the appearance... don't actually need to. Anyone's guess if Rarity is the same way, "natural beauty" and all that. And... there's enough that Ponies can do with hooves that "shouldn't" be doable, so I doubt that means non-Unicorns can't pretty themselves up if they want to.

1 hour ago, bornAgainEquestrian said:

In my experience, a lot of people who go crazy with the appearance... don't actually need to. Anyone's guess if Rarity is the same way,

Sure - while its entirely possible Rarity would be even prettier without all the makeup and "beauty treatments", that's not the Rarity we have.

1 hour ago, bornAgainEquestrian said:

"natural beauty" and all that. And... there's enough that Ponies can do with hooves that "shouldn't" be doable, so I doubt that means non-Unicorns can't pretty themselves up if they want to.

True enough. While the show writers every so often make a point of showing non-unicorns using their teeth to do things a human would do with hands, non-unicorns DO seem to have the ability to make things stick to their hooves - spoons, newspaper pages, that sort of thing - when it is convenient to the narrative. Of course, when Sunset returned to Equestria, she was unable to pick up the book Starlight had for her (despite other characters manipulating books just fine without magic) so that isn't always consistent either (or maybe she just forgot how, given how much time she spends without magic but with fingers...)

More importantly though, there are parts on even a human body that are a struggle to reach comfortably with just hands, and that would be a lot worse for a pony.  In a recent episode, Rarity struggles to even brush her tail without magic, although that is probably more lack of practice.

On a scale of 1 to 10, Fluttershy is OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!

She's the most beautiful pony in all of Equestria! Nothing in this world or theirs is more beautiful than her! I love her sooooooooo much!!!! :wub::wub::wub:

On 9/19/2018 at 12:41 AM, Captain Whirlwind said:

well...I think this image will answer the topic. 

VERY PRETTY!;)

fluttershy_bedhead___umm____goodmorning_

I see that beautiful face every morning when I wake up!

• Brohoof 2

26 minutes ago, shyabetes3939 said:

On a scale of 1 to 10, Fluttershy is OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!

She's the most beautiful pony in all of Equestria! Nothing in this world or theirs is more beautiful than her! I love her sooooooooo much!!!! :wub::wub::wub:

I see that beautiful face every morning when I wake up!

Do you have a Fluttershy plushie?

• Brohoof 1